PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice...

intelli
12-02-2003, 03:59 PM
I'm going to put a Type-R wing on my Si along with fog lights and a moonroof visor. I like the look of the half-bra that Honda sells on the Si. My wife says that will ruin the bullet look of the front end. What to you think?

Peking
12-02-2003, 04:07 PM
I have the full mask, bitch to take on and off. Half mask (top part, that goes on the hood is ok looking) is not really worth the money, and it really doesn't protect anything.

Stoop
12-02-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Half mask (top part, that goes on the hood is ok looking) is not really worth the money, and it really doesn't protect anything.

I 100% agree. Whenever a customer comes in to my dealership asking for a half-mask, I usually point out that it will only protect the hood, not the front bumper area which takes the brunt of the rocks and objects from the road anyways. Also, like Peking said, it is a royal pain to put on and take off the full mask all the time and if you leave it on for an extended period of time, you will have scratch marks on your hood afterward.

JLannoo
12-02-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by StoopSi
I 100% agree. Whenever a customer comes in to my dealership asking for a half-mask, I usually point out that it will only protect the hood, not the front bumper area which takes the brunt of the rocks and objects from the road anyways.

I hear masks can be bad for the paint if left on all the time. Moisture causes the problems or something.

Keeping the above in mind. I do think the half mask does serve a purpose. It protects the leading edge metal on the car. Chips in plastic dont bother me. Chips in metal that can rust REALLY bothers me.

BluePearl03Si
12-02-2003, 05:59 PM
Here's a novel idea.

Your car will get hit by rocks, it is inevitable unless it's a trailer queen. Unless your car is the one, and can dodge flying rocks like bullets in the matrix.

Put alot of wax on, touch up the paint if it chips, then use Langka or wet sand it. And worried about chips on metal? Get a CF hood, it's black and rock chips wouldn't even show up against the CF pattern.

JLannoo
12-02-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by BluePearl03Si
Here's a novel idea.

Your car will get hit by rocks, it is inevitable unless it's a trailer queen. Unless your car is the one, and can dodge flying rocks like bullets in the matrix.

???? What prompted that?

I dont have any masks. Though I might need a roof mask I had a bad chip up there I had to fix a few weeks ago LOL :D

TheMutt
12-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Oddly enough, I have 3 microscopic chips on my hood (I clean my car a lot and keep up with them) and I have yet to see one on my bumper. I'd like the idea of the half mask. Some people think it looks good some dont, I think their are pics on the honda site. You can't really just decide for everyone how it looks. If your wife drives the car(or threatens to end the sex), then go without it. If she doesn't drive it and you want it it's up to you.

JLannoo
12-02-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by TheMutt
[B]Oddly enough, I have 3 microscopic chips on my hood (I clean my car a lot and keep up with them) and I have yet to see one on my bumper. B]

Oh I'm jealous. Man I have ALOT of them. Chips on the bumper and hood and roof. I even have one or two on the side mirrors.

One on the roof and one on the hood even started rusting before I fixed them :( Ahh but the roads are pure unbridled shit here in Michigan so I guess its expected.

intelli
12-02-2003, 07:28 PM
I am not worried about the chips. I was looking at the half-mask strictly for looks.

pappaljf
12-02-2003, 08:39 PM
Something about the EP hood makes it prone to chips. Probably about 75% of my total rock chips, and 95% of the NOTICEABLE chips are on my hood. Go with the half bra.