PDA

View Full Version : My latest problem

ATRIOT
12-03-2003, 12:11 AM
Started the car, scraped off the windows and disengaged the e-brake. Sticks in the down postion but my brakes are still locked up, drive down the street to warm them up still nothing... ABS light goes on and im starting to get pissed. Stop the car and fiddle with the ebrake handle and nothings working, 20mins later i try to drive the car again and the brakes suddenly release again... Its gonna be a loooong winter... It was only -7 outside tonight too. :yellm:

chubbychu
12-03-2003, 12:18 AM
cables frozen solid?

ATRIOT
12-03-2003, 12:20 AM
Yep, anyone got a quick fix for this?

chubbychu
12-03-2003, 12:21 AM
leave your e-brake off? but dont park on a hill :D

bobdobbs
12-03-2003, 12:22 AM
Move to Cali. :D

ATRIOT
12-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Send me a ticket and i will. Can i camp out on your lawn?

StrangeShadow
12-03-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Yep, anyone got a quick fix for this?
leave the e-brake cover off durring the winter...get in the car and just loosen the littl nut to adjust the cable...unless the rear brakes are frozen to the rotor...

civicSIracer
12-03-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Send me a ticket and i will. Can i camp out on your lawn?

haha buy your self a ticket and you can camp on my lawn.. hahah
sorry ive never heard or even thought about freezing brake lines... i love cali

ATRIOT
12-03-2003, 01:16 AM
They were frozen to the rotor. Oh well not a big deal. I'll just drive like that and warp the rotors, then go in for my free brake job :winkm: . Hey the manual says when the ABS light is on the car is still ok to drive.

Loudpedal
12-03-2003, 06:47 AM
Release the e-brake (but leave car in gear), now go to the rear of the car and give the car a bounce. Meaning, put your knee and some weight on the bumper, or foot, or open the hatch, for a clean place to knee/step whatever (as usually ones car is covered by snow and/or road salt when performing this).

After a couple of good bounces, you should hear the unmistakable sound of the brake being released.

Hope it helps.

dj addicted
12-03-2003, 07:07 AM
-7???? Please tell me that is Celcius... damn thats cold!!! and hear I am complaining that it actually hit low 60s a few nights ago here in florida... Im not sure about the e-brake in winter.. I've never had to deal with anything like that before.