PDA

View Full Version : Pink Seats?! Am I Crazy?

Btrthnezr3
12-03-2003, 08:58 AM
Hey guys...I did a search...couldn't really find anything..
Here's the deal:
I just got my EP about 2 weeks ago, and for some reason (maybe it's my eyes) the "red" stitching on my seats looks rather pink. The headrest insert is red, but hmm...that stitching on the seats looks really pink, almost bright, neon 80's pink. It's not THAT big of a deal, considering I'm a girl :D but it still kinda pisses me off, you know? Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, if it's normal, if my car is a gay EP or if I'm just crazy! Thanks for the help in advance!
PS: maybe I need some red recaros? Heh...fundage is always an issue!

jaydub
12-03-2003, 08:59 AM
That's odd! MIne's still a really bright red. Maybe take it to the dealership and take a look at the seats on a brand new one and see if your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. :D

Btrthnezr3
12-03-2003, 09:01 AM
It kinda upsets me...cuz it's like, even if they are pink, what are my options? The dealer wouldn't replace them, would they? I might have to drive down there and have a look...but it kinda pisses me off...I don't know what to do! :sigh:

jaydub
12-03-2003, 09:03 AM
I would consider it a defect, so I would say that they might look at replacing them. I'd be pretty annoyed too.

Btrthnezr3
12-03-2003, 09:07 AM
I guess I'll try to go look this weekend...not sure if I should go nonchalantly (sp?) or be open about why I am there. I've already been up there for a few other tweaks and I'm sure they are getting tired of me!! Haha...I just don't want them to be all pissy about it, but if it is a defect, I will want them replaced...I'm sure though that they will claim that it is red. Heh...damn, this sucks!

mhx
12-03-2003, 09:09 AM
"Self-Proclaimed Noob with Boobs" roflol

if your that worried about it take it back to honda..

jaydub
12-03-2003, 09:10 AM
Personally I'd be up-front about it. Let them know that you're concerned that your seat stitching is fading already, after not even a year. Take a look at a new seat and if there is indeed some fading, point it out to them and let them deal with it.

Btrthnezr3
12-03-2003, 09:12 AM
Good idea about the fading thing...I've only had the car 2 weeks and it was brand new when I bought it 14 miles...I just can't imagine why it would be pink or fading, you know? Kind of upsetting and it sucks that I'm gonna have to go up there and sit while they analyze the situation. It always takes them forever, but just under 2 hours so I can't get a free loaner...heh...thanks alot guys...anyone else had this problem?
I'm gonna try to go this friday, so I'll let you guys know!

sniperSI
12-03-2003, 09:17 AM
If it's pink, take it back, have them order you a new EP. It's 20,000 dollar car, don't take S* from any dealership!

ep3hatchattack
12-04-2003, 12:13 AM
Its not pink, if you have a keen eye like you may, and so do i, if you look at it long enough it is a bit of a lighter red.... if it bothers you that much than take it back.... take care, just my 2 cents

chubbychu
12-04-2003, 12:15 AM
they DO make red colored sharpies.

i-WERKS
12-04-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
they DO make red colored sharpies.
Lol i was thinking the same. In my old EF hatch I had a part of the seat turn white due to wear. That's when the black sharpie came in. It looked flawless. No one ever knew. The only problem is it only lasts a couple of months.

chubbychu
12-04-2003, 05:09 PM
you serious? i was just playing around...man you are Ghettoe....

=o) jk jk