PDA

View Full Version : Will both front and rear RSX sways fit on the EP?

oogy-boogy
12-03-2003, 02:11 PM
I ran a few searches and couldn't find anything on the front. I was already aware of the rear being thicker and a nice upgrade. My question being, does the front anti-sway fit as well and is it any thicker? Would the front be an advantage or a disadvantage on the EP? (02SilverSiHB, I know you're out there somewhere...:) )

Thanks for all the help everyone!:D

anjapower
12-03-2003, 02:17 PM
mel...both bars will bolt up. The rsx rear is thicker, the rsx front is thinner. Thinner in the front is what you want if you want less push (understeer) in turns. Thicker in the back is what you want if you want less push in turns.

Basically thick up front is bad, and thin out back is bad. The goal is to get the car to rotate easily, and with thick up front and thin out back...like the car has from the factory...causes the car to understeer like a pig.

oogy-boogy
12-03-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by anjapower
mel...both bars will bolt up. The rsx rear is thicker, the rsx front is thinner. Thinner in the front is what you want if you want less push (understeer) in turns. Thicker in the back is what you want if you want less push in turns.

Basically thick up front is bad, and thin out back is bad. The goal is to get the car to rotate easily, and with thick up front and thin out back...like the car has from the factory...causes the car to understeer like a pig.

Hmmm...

So in essence, would it be beneficial to swap out the front with the RSX as well? Or...just the rear? I IM'ed you but you must be busy..;)

Civicvtec1ps
12-03-2003, 04:05 PM
upgrading just a stock rear bar will create oversteer, and depending on the ratio of the diameters between the Front and Rear,Id get the 22 mm rear bar and if the car oversteers to much then play around with front sway bar setup. Just upgrade rear sway bar first to see if you like it or not. You can always buy new sway bar later on. I would get ES sway bar bushings too , however you can still re-use stock sway bar bushings.

Peking
12-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by anjapower

Agreed, and it would be much cheaper than what Civicvtec1ps (not saying your advice is not good). When or if you get the RSX, remember to get the RSX bushings (they will fit). If you have the cash to spend than go with an aftermarket company. Also fitment will be different between the two. The RSX will fit, but will not settle as well as stock, while aftermarket will fit better. Good luck on the front install, will take time. Also I have been told you need to tighten while the ride is on the ground, basicaly makes tighting the front not possible. So you will have to tighten the nuts with no tension.

Suk02Si
12-03-2003, 09:40 PM
Upgrading to a RSX or Progress rear will not cause too much oversteer. It will help the car rotate easier and like any FWD car(even stock), if you lift off the throttle in a turn, it will want to come around on you.

styllinep3
12-06-2003, 08:41 AM
ive got ctr 22 mm sway in the rear, and stock sway in front.

with neuspeed front bushings and jdm hard palstic in the rear. its all most completely stopped all the body roll .

this is with tien springs . front strut brace, lower tie, and upper rear brace.

before the sway bar and bushing with everything else the body roll was horrilbe . all most no fun . now the rear is as tight as a vrigin lol. i can almost slide out of turns . cant wait for autocross to start up and really test it out. get the 22 mm ctr, jdm and neuspeed bushings. for the money u cant go wrong and will be very happy. i would also suggest getting a lower tie with that meaty sway bar. helps keep the sway in place. there are dc sports lower tie bars (same as i have) on ebay for 98 bucks. less then i payed .

gabe

oogy-boogy
12-06-2003, 09:01 AM
Thanks for all the info!:D