PDA

View Full Version : Mugen Rear Strut Bar - Replica

raiyo
12-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Just thought u guys might wanna know. A few members on ClubRSX got the bar and said it is well built. The weldings on the bar is slightly different from legit to copy. The copy's weld isn't as neat as the legit. As for weight, the fake one weighs in at 4 lbs. It doesn't come with a Mugen Sticker or instructions.

For those who don't know. This strut isn't mounted on top of the strut bolts. It is mounted about 6 inchs above the strut. One person on ClubRSX said he/she hears the bar popping or something when he turns. So it kind of proves that mounting in the location helps, since it flexs there.

http://www.islandmotorsports.com/cgi-bin/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IMO&Product_Code=RSB-RSX&Category_Code=SUSPENSION

Civicvtec1ps
12-03-2003, 05:49 PM
Doesnt come with template though. No biggie. I will order one later.

Civicvtec1ps
12-03-2003, 05:53 PM
Well built.

Civicvtec1ps
12-03-2003, 05:55 PM

02SilverSiHB
12-03-2003, 06:35 PM
you're on a roll raiyo :D

raiyo
12-03-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
Doesnt come with template though. No biggie. I will order one later.

template? u drive a EP and not a DC5 right? You don't need to trim much to expose the bolts that is needed to bolt the bar. Our car and the DC5 is different. Just remove the rear strut cover and lower the seats and you'll see what I'm talking about. Even if it comes with a template, it'll be for a DC5, not for an EP3.

Hatch, Si Hatch
12-03-2003, 06:57 PM
So this bar will fit the EP?

raiyo
12-03-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Hatch, Si Hatch
So this bar will fit the EP?

I believe so, 100%

raiyo
12-03-2003, 07:24 PM
Checking up on weight differences on them two. Just emailed KingMotorSports to see how much does the genuine weighs in at. The replica is 8 lbs.

I also emailed the Island Motor people. checking with them what's included in the deal. Instructions, plastic trimming, templete, etc.

Suk02Si
12-03-2003, 09:30 PM
looks good :)

raiyo
12-04-2003, 09:00 PM
Alright, just in. Got an email from both Kings and Island Motor.

The replica DOESN'T come with instruction, template, and fake mugen sticker. They do come with plastic trim and new longer bolts for mounting. It weight of the bar is 4 lbs and is shipped as 8 lbs on the site? The dude went and weighted the bar for me himself. I have no idea what kind of weight system he or she used. I'll asked.

The geniune bar comes with all hardware needed. Plastic trim, template, longer bolts, instruction, and sticker. The bar weighs in at 6 lbs and is shipped out as 7 lbs.

The bar sold at city-speed weighs in at 6 lbs shipped. Just got the bar in today. The UPS shipping weight is 6 lbs. I cut the box up the box into 6x6 squares and weighed the bubble wrap and box and it came out to only a few ounces. It came with instruction and plastic trim. No template, bolts, or the sticker. I emailed them, but no response yet. Maybe that's why the box weighed in at 6 lbs and not 7 lbs shipped. If your thinking if City-Speed's product is real, I would say yes. Only way to judge if it is real or fake seems to be by weight. Did I mention they have a pretty high positive feedback on eBay too?

I would stay the real deal is the way to go. If the replica comes in at 4 lbs and the real deal is 6 lbs, there will be a difference in preformance.

You be the judge on what to get. You want looks then get a replica which would stiff it up alittle. The real deal will give you looks and bragging rights and all the other good stuff.

raiyo
12-04-2003, 09:38 PM
Just IN, yes again. Got an email from Island Motor, they said the bar in box weighs in at 5.5 lbs. The number on the site is wrong. They used the postal service digital scale to determine the weight.

I'll post some pics of my installation once I get the bolts.