PDA

View Full Version : k24 block

SF-SI-02
12-04-2003, 10:58 AM
Hi, I found the k24 block cheap (website listed below). My question was whether it would make any sense to slap it on my stock EP. Will it fit? Is it worth it? this seems like a sick all motor mod and a lot cheaper than I expected for the parts. I know of frankenstein, and I am drooling. Though it is really hard to get an RSX-S head only without paying the big bucks. What do you guys think? Would this be a good mod at this price, is it feasible, how many shop hours needed to slap it together?

Thanks

Here is where I found it so cheap:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Element&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=5DR+EX+2WD&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=CYLINDER+BLOCK-OIL+PAN

SF-SI-02
12-04-2003, 10:59 AM
Forgot to ask, can I keep everything else stock? Or what else needs to be purchased to make this work?

sniperSI
12-04-2003, 11:05 AM
I think thats just the block, i'm not quite sure you get pistons, crank, connecting rods, at least it doesnt look like it.

honda-tech.com has alot of hybrids, check it out.

SF-SI-02
12-04-2003, 11:18 AM
I looked around at honda-tech, but I am not at their level of jargon (couldn't understand most of what I was reading). Do you need to replace all the internals (might seem like a very silly question, but then again, I admit to being a motor-moron), yor can you keep all your si guts?

Thanks