PDA

View Full Version : New

mickey.si.cakes
12-04-2003, 11:56 AM
hey everyone...just got my 02 civic si sunday and found this forum...was wondering what EP stands for...also..best place to pick up after aftermarket parts....also im in the Charlotte NC area....anyone else around....take it easy...

jake

02SilverSiHB
12-04-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by mickey.si.cakes
hey everyone...just got my 02 civic si sunday and found this forum...was wondering what EP stands for...also..best place to pick up after aftermarket parts....also im in the Charlotte NC area....anyone else around....take it easy...

jake
welcome. As for aftermarket parts, it really depends on what you're looking for. Showstoppers here on ephatch has good prices. Also here are some sites I buy things from:
www.optauto.com
www.inlinefour.com
www.importhorizon.com
www.nopionline.com
www.ebaymotors.com

EP is the chassis code. to be exact we are the ep3 chassis code

2k2SiAutoXer
12-04-2003, 12:00 PM
Welcome! EP is the chassis code from honda.

As far as parts go, do a seaech and also check out the local forum for your area.

remember search search search

--Tom

CivicHB
12-04-2003, 12:13 PM
hello...cakes huh?

well anyway have fun with the new EP.;)

Peking
12-04-2003, 12:40 PM
Congrats and welcome :)

Zero Three Si
12-04-2003, 12:52 PM
What exactly is the "chassis "? My understanding is that it's basically the frame of the car correct. Am I wrong in thinking that the civic and rsx "chassis " is the same? They do have the same wheel base. They have a different body length though.

oogy-boogy
12-04-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by mickey.si.cakes

jake

Welcome to the site! Obviously, it looks as though your q's were answered...:)

Best place for aftermarket parts is this site.....Check the classifieds section as I have already picked up a few items at incredible prices!!!:cool:

Mugen_EP
12-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
What exactly is the "chassis "? My understanding is that it's basically the frame of the car correct. Am I wrong in thinking that the civic and rsx "chassis " is the same? They do have the same wheel base. They have a different body length though.

Yes the chassis on the DC5 and EP3 are different. Here is basically a pic of the EP3 chassis. You could not bolt up DC5 parts such as headlights and bumper etc..etc..

http://www.ephatch.com/gallery/concept/body1.jpeg

sai_iii
12-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Welcome! Great choice on a automobile. I live semi-near you in Gastonia.

mickey.si.cakes
12-04-2003, 05:12 PM
thanks for all the input yall. ill be sure to check out the sites.

sai_iii - you ever cruise franklin....or high point? maybe we could get up some time....

and again thanks everyone...

jake

sai_iii
12-05-2003, 08:15 PM
I rarely ever cruise Franklin anymore, it got kinda old. But if there's another ep around my interest is peaked.:) I've only been to high point once, but the cops broke everything up. There's like 3 other ep's around Gastonia, but i only talked to one of them and just said to check out ephatch.com. If you ever wanna meet up thats cool. :cool: