PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Brake Handle

bogelas
12-04-2003, 02:34 PM
I just got my 03 EP and the only thing that I just don't like about the interior is the cheap emergency brake handle. It really disappoints me because they did a nice job on the stock wheel and shift knob. I know this had to bother someone else so let's see pics of E-brake mods.

Mwing
12-09-2003, 04:12 AM
After I saw RX8's e-brake I had to agree that it is not nice, but not cheap though. What mod you have found to improve its look?

bogelas
12-09-2003, 10:59 AM
Well, in the course of browsing some general pic threads I've seen pics of the E-brake boot that they sell on Ebay and at www.jujeracing.com. That boot improves the look a little but it doesn't replace the crappy handle sleeve. What I'm really wondering is if you can mate that boot to a Momo E-brake handle cover. I don't want to buy a $75 handle just to find that it won't fit our car or won't mate to the boot. I've attached a pic of a typical Momo E-brake handle. If anyone knows if you can install these E-brake handles on our brake please advise and post a pic.

mhx
12-09-2003, 11:14 AM
who gives a fk :)

Civicvtec1ps
12-09-2003, 06:18 PM
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25505

boot for sale!!

oldschoolimport
12-15-2003, 01:15 AM
bringing back the dead
if it is like other hondas, the handle part has to be cut from the rest of the plastic, and split to get it off. I did my old car, only because I had a parts car in case I f'ed up. I never took pics, sorry. hope this brief explanation helps.

siver-SI
12-22-2003, 09:22 PM
I would like to see a DIY on this. I do not like are e-brake that much so an upgrade would be great.