PDA

View Full Version : JRSC installed

Champ Masters
12-04-2003, 02:38 PM
Hey guys, sorry it took so long to post, but I've been extremely busy the last few days.

Anyway before I say anything else, if any of you are installing or having the JRSC installed, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT cut the ECU wires like it tells you to do in the instructions. I called Jackson Racing and they told me not to cut the wires, even though it says to in the instructions. Unfortunately, for me it was too late:( But I just soldered the wires back together, no real harm, just a bit of a hassel.

As for the install itself, it wasn't too bad. The mechanical stuff was easy, the hard part was that Jackson Racing's directions sucked! On a few of the components they said you could use a wobble socket to tighten the bolts, but that was not the case. We spent over an hour just trying to get to those bolts to tighten them, what a pain! Getting the charger itself into position was kinda a bitch too. It's a very tight fit. Oh and also there was a component that bolts up to the throttle body that had a burr on one of the gasket sealing surfaces. We had to file that down, and I notified Jackson that there may be something wrong with their mold for that part. Other than that and the ECU problem it was pretty much straight forward. Definitely worth the money I save for someone else installing it.

As for performance, it was just what I was looking for:D The powerband is extemely smooth and the car pulls like a raped ape especially from 4000 rpm and on! The car is a blast to drive and a little of the bottom end I lost from i/h/e is back and then some! I'm sure it doesn't really compare to you guys with turbos, but for me, it's all about the direct bolt-on and CARB legality issues. I can hopefully dyno in the next couple weeks, but I can't promise anything. Funds are kinda tight now!

I don't have my pics ready yet, but Steve from K-Series.com offered to host them for me. Hopefully I'll have them in the next couple of days.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer anything I can.

Thanks guys!

Nick

02SilverSiHB
12-04-2003, 02:44 PM
sweet, glad you got it on. So no sign of tip in detonation at all right!? When I had mine (on my old 97 EX) I got some as it hit the higher rpms...kind of like the initial sound of popcorn in the microwave...but that was a different call all together.

Doesn't surprise me about the instructions :D they always suck.

I'm going to move this to the boost forum and provide a link to it in your other post

Champ Masters
12-04-2003, 03:15 PM
Thanks 02SilverSiHB.

Nope, no detonation at all. If fact the Jackson Powercard module seems to be an excellent system, much improved over their older systems.

Just curious how long did you have your old EX supercharged?

1abSi
12-04-2003, 04:52 PM
maaaaaaaaaaaaaan i am jealous...would be great to see someone's dyno other than what they have posted up to see if anything has changed and to know EXACTLY what the setup is....congrats!

Tenacious G
12-04-2003, 04:54 PM
did you ever dyno prior to the JRSC install? about how long overall did the install take?

if i'm ever able to save up the money, i'd definately like to go with a JRSC.

mhx
12-04-2003, 05:13 PM
what spark plugs are you running?

SiR_d1
12-04-2003, 05:23 PM
congrats:cool:

Zigen5
12-04-2003, 06:49 PM
This thread is worthless without pics..... :D :D

1abSi
12-04-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Zigen5
This thread is worthless without pics..... :D :D yeah it would be nice to see pics....but that shit is gettting old...and you are completely wrong...there is nothing that a pic would add to this thread, unless it was a pic of the dyno chart...because this has been installed on one or two other ep's for testing, so you can see what it looks like there or just look at some other older honda with one.....

ALCT
12-04-2003, 07:17 PM
congrats... I would love to see some pics and can't wait for dyno results.

Loudpedal
12-04-2003, 07:28 PM
What was the time spend on the install?

HondaMan
12-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Very nice! Thanks for the news! :)

1fastminivan
12-04-2003, 09:32 PM
SWEEETT:D !!!!! I cant wait for pics/dyno!!

eurosteez
12-04-2003, 10:21 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
sorry to drunk to reaad thread but do you plan on getting that tunable hondata thing when it come out

EP33
12-04-2003, 11:29 PM
I am about ready to send you my digicam and MiniDV recorder. Dude, give us some media:yellm:

ATRIOT
12-04-2003, 11:34 PM
How about "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT DYNO" :D

just kidding, Champ Masters your a real pioneer, keep us updated.

estebones
12-05-2003, 04:23 AM
ahhbso it is carb legal? and is there anything that needs to be altered in the fuel system?
hm...this JRSC is looking more and more tempting than a turbo...

estebones
12-05-2003, 04:24 AM
oh damn cingrats on the sc! cant wait for pics...may be video? I can host them for you if the other guy doesnt work out for you..:D

02SilverSiHB
12-05-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by estebones
ahhbso it is carb legal? and is there anything that needs to be altered in the fuel system?
hm...this JRSC is looking more and more tempting than a turbo...
yes it's carb legal. As long as you don't go with the race setup from jr...which includes a race header..therefore taking place of the cat.

oogy-boogy
12-05-2003, 08:27 AM
Wow! Congrats!

I was also wondering the overall install time and complexity.

ALCT
12-05-2003, 10:47 AM
I've read the 55 step installation instructions from jr website, doesn't look like a simple DIY.
step 29: bending the a/c hose... wtf?

Champ Masters
12-05-2003, 01:54 PM
OK guys, I've read through this and my other thread and I will try to answer all the questions I've seen so far:

"How long was the complete install/How complex is the install"?
The complete install took about 13 hours. However, about 4 of these hours were trying to figure out Jackson Racing's directions and trying to tighten bolts that were almost impossible to get to. I'm sure if I had to do it again it would take about 8 or 9 hours. The install is not really that complex it's basically all just bolting on and connecting hoses and wires. As far as bending the AC pipe goes, they tell you to do this because the neck of the supercharger rubs up against it. I didn't bend the pipe though (bending pipes scares me!) I just wraped the pipe with a piece of rubber hose, so there isn't any metal to metal contact.

Did you dyno before the install?
Yes, I did do a dyno before hand. With i/h/e I dynoed at 147 HP and 128 Torque at the wheels. I'm also anxious to see the dyno with the supercharger installed.

What are your mods?
I have an AEM CAI, Comptech 4-2-1 header, Skunk 2 Mega Power Cat-back exhaust, Ground wires, Mugen Thermostat, Spoon thermoswitch, and a Spoon Radiator Cap. Oh I'm also droped on Progress springs with 17's.

What spark plugs are you running?
I put in Denso Iridium IK22 (one step colder than stock).

Does anything need to be done to the fuel system?
On the directions, it says to change the fuel filter, however on the new SI you really don't have to. The only filter we have in inside the gas tank, and I wasn't about to mess with that. But I called Jackson and they said they put that on all their directions, but the SI should be fine. You don't need a high flow fuel pump, everything is taken care of by the Jackson Power Card. This supercharger system is a lot more advanced than older versions.

Are you going to upgrade to the Race version or the tunable Hondata?
No on both counts. It would be fun, but I told myself that after the supercharger, no more engine mods.

How

Champ Masters
12-05-2003, 02:26 PM
One thing I forgot to mention, the Hondata Heatshield gasket is NOT compatible with the JRSC. The SC will not mount correctly because the gasket is too thick:(

Tenacious G
12-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Champ Masters
One thing I forgot to mention, the Hondata Heatshield gasket is NOT compatible with the JRSC. The SC will not mount correctly because the gasket is too thick:(

that's weird, Little Oscar or Doug from Hondata said the two were compatible in the thread about the JRSC.

HondaMan
12-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Thanks Champ for the additional write up...I really want the JRSC now! I've always been a big fan of Jackson Racing! :)

HondaMan
12-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Thanks Champ for the additional write up...I really want the JRSC now! I've always been a big fan of Jackson Racing! :)

oicw
12-06-2003, 02:31 AM
Are you in CA.? How do you smog it with out the stock intake manifold? Smog nazis reject CAI in CA.

oogy-boogy
12-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Great post!

How much does the unit usually run for cashwise???

02SilverSiHB
12-06-2003, 09:35 AM
it'll fit, but it will make you nervous trying to put it on, and I'm sure it was such a tight fit, that you were like, fuck this!

Also, you can always get longer bolts...I know a lot did this with the earlier civics because they felt the same about the hondata gasket not fitting right with the jrsc. Still workable...but I would definitely get longer bolts for it..not sure where to get those...last time I had mine, I bought longer bolts from someone on clubsi know at JR98EX. He was the shit. He had hondata to where he could tune it himself...he knew what he was doing.

Anyway, sound like they did a great job on this JRSC over the past ones. Makes me think twice about what I want to do with my car. I guess the only thing I have to ask is about the belt. Has it slipped at all yet? I'm hoping it doesn't since it's so much thicker than the past ones. Mine would slip a few minutes when I first turned the car on.

gr33nnugz
12-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Is the rev limit raised with the powercard. When looking at the dyno charts on JR site it looks like its raised to about 7200-7400. Also congrats on the SC and great review :)

02SilverSiHB
12-07-2003, 03:54 PM
hey champ, I also noticed that there is nothing about the crank pulley being replaced. I looked at the instructions and didn't see anything about it being replaced. did you not have to replace the crank pulley with a jrsc one? That's awsome if you didn't. Also, no modification was necessary for the cai? I bet you're so tired of questions aren't you? :D

Len-boy
12-07-2003, 04:24 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm a CTR driver from the UK and am a newbie to this site!

Very impressed with the site.

Back to subject, does anyone know if the JRSC will fit on the Type-R?

And is there any links to pics of a JRSC on an EP3?

Cheers in advance.

02SilverSiHB
12-07-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Len-boy
Hi Guys,

Cheers in advance.
I don't see why it wouldn't fit. we have the same intake manifold...only think I guess you might run into is the power car, as it's for our si, where as the type r is much different engine wise.

nitrit07
12-07-2003, 04:59 PM
Hi

congratulation for your new setup!

I'm curious to know how did you expect to do on 1/4 miles now with this setup?

I have a stock si and I lived in Canada, my best run on 1/4 miles is 15.76 @ 87 mph.

thank you.

Len-boy
12-08-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
I don't see why it wouldn't fit. we have the same intake manifold...only think I guess you might run into is the power car, as it's for our si, where as the type r is much different engine wise.

I'll speak to Doug at Hondata because I'm sure if you go with the race set-up then I think you can do away with the power card and just get the ECU re-flashed.

02SilverSiHB
12-08-2003, 06:32 AM
I'll speak to Doug at Hondata because I'm sure if you go with the race set-up then I think you can do away with the power card and just get the ECU re-flashed.
yeah, I'd definitely go with the hondata flash...no worries there :)

CivicGSiR
12-08-2003, 06:49 AM
Hi Guys,

Cheers in advance.

I think the RSX Type S JRSC would be a better suited application for the Type R, rather than the Si JRSC.

02SilverSiHB
12-08-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by CivicGSiR
I think the RSX Type S JRSC would be a better suited application for the Type R, rather than the Si JRSC.
not exactly. The pulleys may be different. Since the rsx has a steering belt, where as we don't

boostedsi0813
12-08-2003, 09:20 AM
c'mon mike, get one so we can test it out.lol.
As for the CTR, the Si JRSC is the same. The Ports were purposely made larger to acomidate the type R. Something like that. I'm 99% sure its the same kit.
It won't be the Type S because the type s is positioned different.
:D Mike, i'll help ya install it.

02SilverSiHB
12-08-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by boostedsi0813
c'mon mike, get one so we can test it out.lol.
As for the CTR, the Si JRSC is the same. The Ports were purposely made larger to acomidate the type R. Something like that. I'm 99% sure its the same kit.
It won't be the Type S because the type s is positioned different.
:D Mike, i'll help ya install it.
LOL, wish I could afford it :D

Tenacious G
12-08-2003, 12:51 PM
i read in one of the tuning magazines that the DC5-S and EP3's blowers were mounted differently. since the DC5 has more engine bay room, the blower was mounted traditionally (horizontally) while the EP3's is mounted vertically to save space. i believe this was the reason the EP kit's release was delayed so much because JR had to figure out how to squeeze the thing in there.

Len-boy
12-08-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
i read in one of the tuning magazines that the DC5-S and EP3's blowers were mounted differently. since the DC5 has more engine bay room, the blower was mounted traditionally (horizontally) while the EP3's is mounted vertically to save space. i believe this was the reason the EP kit's release was delayed so much because JR had to figure out how to squeeze the thing in there.

Your right. I helped a friend fit a JRSC into his DC5 (rsx)but although it is the same engine as the EP3, there isn't enough room at the front of the engine bay to accomodate it. Hence the
y had to "rotate" the charger for the EP3. I don't know of nyone in the UK with a JRSC (plenty of turbos) on their EP3... which is why I want one!!!

Would like to see some pics of an install if anyone can help?

Champ Masters
12-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Hi all

Well, I've had the supercharger on for 6 days now and all I can say is WOW!! The car is so much fun to drive, it's unbelievable! The car just keeps feeling better and better. Maybe it's because the ECU is getting used to it, or maybe it's just my imagination. In any case I think the JRSC is money well spent.

Now here's some more answers to some questions:

-As for as the Hondata Heatshield gasket is concerned, I'm almost positive it will not fit with the JRSC. Because of the way the SC is mounted, a solenoid on it is right in front of the thermostat. When you put the heatshield on it pushes the SC out so that this solenoid hits the thermostat and will not mount correctly. I called Jackson Racing and they agreed that it will not fit unless you some how relocate your thermostat.

-I have not encountered any belt slipping whatsoever. I've heard of this happening on older JRSC systems, but as I mentioned this new system is heads and tails above the rest. I've had no problems yet.

-There is no having to replace the crank pulley, thankfully!

-I do not believe that the JR Power Card raised the rev limiter, although I might be mistaken. I'll try it out later today and see where the fuel cuts off at.

-No mods were needed to make the CAI fit. It's not mounted in the exact same position, but it's not so far off as to cause problems. However, I do a little whistling noise sometimes when my intake is sucking up air. Nothing annoying, it just happens now and then.

-As far as quater mile times, I really don't think I'll be taking it to the track, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was running mid 14's now.

Don't worry about asking more questions, I welcome them:D Anything I can do to help people make their install less of a hassle than mine is worth it. Heck that's what being the guinea pig is all about;)

Oh, and I'll be sending Steve from K-series.com my pics this evening, so he'll probably post when he's got them up.

Later

andy
12-08-2003, 03:00 PM
A dyno run/track visit would be nice, just to see the gains. But it's
your car (duh). ;)

Do you feel the clutch slipping at all? Is it too easy to spin the
tires? Seems like a lot of people running turbos need a clutch or
want an lsd, I'm just curious if running the SC would put you in the
same sort of situation.

Champ Masters
12-08-2003, 03:28 PM
Haven't felt the clutch slip yet.
You can fry the tires in first, second and part of third, but only if you absolutely pound it.
Other than that, the car gets up and out when you want it to.

Len-boy
12-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Mate, it sounds like you're running a dream :cool:

As soon as I've finished the facelift on the exterior of my CTR then it's JRSC here I come. A little worried about how tight the instal is though - I think I'll be pestering you with LOTS of questions when I get round to fitting.

Out of interest, what are you guys paying for the JRSC and where from?

Thanks,

Len

Champ Masters
12-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Thanks Len :)

I paid about $3000 for the system through Moss Motorsports. If you have any questions about ordering call Jackson Racing and ask for Oscar. He's a good guy that goes the extra mile to help you out.

Don't worry I'm sure the install will go smooth for you, and anything I can do to help, just let me know. A supercharged CTR, now that is something I would like to see, best of luck!!

eurosteez
12-08-2003, 05:39 PM
H

-As far as quater mile times, I really don't think I'll be taking it to the track, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was running mid 14's now.

I'd hope you'd be atleast in the mid\low 14s with a freakin supercharger. hopefully high\mid 13s:D

oicw
12-08-2003, 09:59 PM
What about smog?

Len-boy
12-09-2003, 05:53 AM
Supercharged JDM CTR early '04 if all goes to plan :cool:

What sort of 1/4 mile times are you guys getting on the standard Si?

My UK spec CTR gets 14.9 ish at around 99mph.

With supercharger I would expect to be pushing the early 13's

fsugatorbait
12-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Supercharged JDM CTR early '04 if all goes to plan :cool:

What sort of 1/4 mile times are you guys getting on the standard Si?

My UK spec CTR gets 14.9 ish at around 99mph.

With supercharger I would expect to be pushing the early 13's

We get about a full second slower than you on the 1040 stock. It takes i/h/e and some good rubber to see low 15's high 14's.

ViViDPeArL
12-09-2003, 08:55 AM
question...if you got the RACE setup, it comes with the header and the high flow cat right? so if you get the car smoged, can't you just put back your cat and everything will be dandy?

fsugatorbait
12-09-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by ViViDPeArL
question...if you got the RACE setup, it comes with the header and the high flow cat right? so if you get the car smoged, can't you just put back your cat and everything will be dandy?

the race setup comes with their race header which replaces the downpipe/cat...you could easily just swap back on your stock header and downpipe/cat to get your car checked and be fine, because the street setup is CARB legal.

Champ Masters
12-09-2003, 01:08 PM
I talked to the guys at Jackson Racing and got some info about the Race version for our car. It's not just the Race header that makes the system not pass smog, it's also the fuel mapping and larger injectors. So even if you don't have a Race header, you would still have to switch out your injectors and ECU to pass smog. Also, the system does not come with the Race header, it just comes with larger injectors and a Hondata reflash.

fsugatorbait
12-09-2003, 01:18 PM
any idea about when the race version would be released and what the apprx. cost is going to be for the upgrade and the straight purchase price?

Champ Masters
12-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Sorry, they still couldn't give me a date on the race version, but the said that the complete system would cost around $4000, or about $1000 to upgrade from the street version.

fsugatorbait
12-09-2003, 02:06 PM
not too bad, thanks for all the great info! :)

02SilverSiHB
12-09-2003, 03:47 PM
I talked to the guys at Jackson Racing and got some info about the Race version for our car. It's not just the Race header that makes the system not pass smog, it's also the fuel mapping and larger injectors. So even if you don't have a Race header, you would still have to switch out your injectors and ECU to pass smog. Also, the system does not come with the Race header, it just comes with larger injectors and a Hondata reflash.
that totally kills me...supposedly hondata had no dyno numbers for the race setup....hence why I was asking about the race setup dyno numbers on jr site. hondata stated that wasn't theirs....that's one confusing issue right there :D

1 fstr si
12-10-2003, 08:39 PM
just a couple of questions here from me. what kind of reliability are you expecting from the kit. i wouldnt mind getting it a while from now, but as of right now i have 15K left on my warranty, would it be a big risk to totally kill off my warranty before its up at 36K. oh, shoot, i had another question, but forgot it. if there is any more info that you might be able to add, just put it ikn there. but, reliability ius the big thing, since this is my daily driver, and i take road trips alot.

Tenacious G
12-10-2003, 09:44 PM
Also, the system does not come with the Race header, it just comes with larger injectors and a Hondata reflash.

well that's retarded. why did they release preliminary dyno numbers of the race version with the race header? simply to inflate their numbers?

it would be nice if a Jackson Racing representative could check up on us every now and then to answer these questions.

STP03BlueSI
12-13-2003, 10:51 AM
WOW!!! this has by far been one of the BEST threads i have read on this site!!
People askin great ?'s and Champ Masters for answering all the ?'s!

Damn this thread made me smile today!

OK here is my ?.
The BOV is it really loud or quiet. and can u put like the HKS SBOV(sounds like a baby seal being beatin to death.SSC mag).

Thanks
Chris

mhx
12-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
WOW!!! this has by far been one of the BEST threads i have read on this site!!
People askin great ?'s and Champ Masters for answering all the ?'s!

Damn this thread made me smile today!

OK here is my ?.
The BOV is it really loud or quiet. and can u put like the HKS SBOV(sounds like a baby seal being beatin to death.SSC mag).

Thanks
Chris

superchargers do not have BOV's
the only sound they make is when they whiinnnnnnnnnnnnnd up
thats it
its a tight sound

EP33
12-13-2003, 12:18 PM
Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictur es???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???P ictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Picture s???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pi ctures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures ???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pic tures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures? ??Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pict ures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures?? ?Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictu res???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???Pictures???

TheMutt
12-13-2003, 01:39 PM
Second ^^^

02SilverSiHB
12-13-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by TheMutt
Second ^^^
yeah, where are the pics...hey champs...just load the pics up to www.clubphoto.com or email them to me mhill1@satx.rr.com

STP03BlueSI
12-15-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by mhx
superchargers do not have BOV's
the only sound they make is when they whiinnnnnnnnnnnnnd up
thats it
its a tight sound

I always thought SC have BOV...i guess i am wrong.

02SilverSiHB
12-15-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
I always thought SC have BOV...i guess i am wrong.
lol, you are :D SC replace the intake manifold while a turbo connects to the manifold of the replaced header.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
12-15-2003, 04:38 PM
lol, you are :D SC replace the intake manifold while a turbo connects to the manifold of the replaced header.

I had a Blitz BOV on my supercharged 00' Maxima. ;)

If you're talking Roots/Eaton style blowers, then you are correct, no BOV.

Centrifugal blowers do require a BOV.

hamlet9634
12-15-2003, 07:54 PM
dyno dyno dyno dyno dyno dyno

did i mention i wanna see some dyno results outside of JR's bogus values?

02SilverSiHB
12-16-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
I had a Blitz BOV on my supercharged 00' Maxima. ;)

If you're talking Roots/Eaton style blowers, then you are correct, no BOV.

Centrifugal blowers do require a BOV.
Ah, I was thinking of the roots type..the only kind I know :D

Champ Masters
12-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Hi all,

Haven't been around in a while. There was an unfortunate family event that has been taking up my time the last week. Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that I emailed a write up and pics to Steve over at K-Series.com. If all goes well he should have them up soon. Also, if anyone has anymore questions, I'll be checking the site regularly, so ask away.

Happy Holidays.

hamlet9634
12-16-2003, 07:48 PM
hey champmasters, sorry about the family event..

but DYNO!!

STP03BlueSI
12-17-2003, 12:08 PM
No pics yet

denmah
12-17-2003, 06:11 PM
how much did you pay for your JRSC.. and do you have any media?

02SilverSiHB
12-17-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by denmah
how much did you pay for your JRSC.. and do you have any media?
he paid 3100 it came with jr gauges..boost and a/f and overnight shipment

bgsteve523
12-19-2003, 08:16 PM
I think its great someone finally got the JR SC but I would love to see some pics pref video's. I think since you are the first on the block to have one you gotta confince us how cool it is. Sorry I am just still on the fence on what to get turbo and what kit, or jrsc? I need to decide by march thats when ill have all the money.
Thanks,
Steve O

STP03BlueSI
12-24-2003, 06:11 AM
Bump...still no pics or dyno?:o

EP33
12-24-2003, 09:43 PM
I am not a hater but ahhhhhhh if I had a SuperCharger, I would at least post 20 or 30 pics for all here at Ephatch.com to C. Wouldn't you!!! :confused:

tom3
12-25-2003, 04:31 AM
Guys, have a heart will you..

Haven't been around in a while. There was an unfortunate family event that has been taking up my time the last week. Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that I emailed a write up and pics to Steve over at K-Series.com. If all goes well he should have them up soon.

merry Christmas

SF-SI-02
12-25-2003, 09:39 AM
The install pics at k-series (RsX-S) give a pretty good idea on the workings, I know its not the same, but they have been holding me over....

02SilverSiHB
12-25-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by tom3
Guys, have a heart will you..

merry Christmas
LOL, no kidding

EP33
12-26-2003, 11:19 AM
but no Si supercharger pics:(

Really it's all :)s

Champ Masters
12-30-2003, 02:23 PM
Hi guys,

I know you all are anxious about the pics, but I haven't heard back from Steve yet, so maybe he is busy. He had trouble getting the pics because they were so large, so as soon as I hear back from him, I'll email the pics again.

On a more sad note, the supercharger went out:( Specifically, it sounds like a bad bearing. You have no idea how worried I was when I started hearing a knocking noise coming from the engine bay, I thought maybe the charger had done some engine damage! Anyway, it was a bitch having to put the car back to stock just to have a car to get to work! Jackson Racing has been very helpful though. They are going to send me a new assembly and compensate me for my time being out of a car.

Oh well, I guess this is the price for being the guinea pig;)

myeverlovinsir
12-30-2003, 02:26 PM
If you have pics post them, size does not matter!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to scale them down, do so! Thanks

Champ Masters
12-30-2003, 02:42 PM
:)

myeverlovinsir
12-30-2003, 02:45 PM
SWEET! From the look of it it sits higher than IM and looks like a tight fit. Thanks.;)

P.S. feel free to post more at diff. angles and congrats!

Champ Masters
12-30-2003, 02:56 PM
Here's an angle during install

Champ Masters
12-30-2003, 02:57 PM
and another

myeverlovinsir
12-30-2003, 03:04 PM
That IM is supplied with the charger?

Champ Masters
12-30-2003, 03:15 PM
yep, everything except a new throttle body gasket is supplied.

denmah
12-30-2003, 03:17 PM
im actually considering a JRSC now over a turbo.

HondaMan
12-30-2003, 03:17 PM
SWEET! :cool: ***drooling***

EP33
12-30-2003, 03:21 PM
you're my hero:cool:

That sucks about the S/C going out. I feel like I should give you a C-note for your dedication to the EP.

edit: thanks for the pics.

Champ Masters
12-30-2003, 03:25 PM
Thanks EP33

Hopefully I'll get my new charger soon and be fast again :D

2fastcivic
12-30-2003, 06:51 PM
so do you know the exact problem of the supercharger? would you call the supercharger less reliable now or do you still feel the same about it? nice pics btw.

02SilverSiHB
12-30-2003, 07:00 PM

On a more sad note, the supercharger went out:( Specifically, it sounds like a bad bearing. You have no idea how worried I was when I started hearing a knocking noise coming from the engine bay, I thought maybe the charger had done some engine damage! Anyway, it was a bitch having to put the car back to stock just to have a car to get to work! Jackson Racing has been very helpful though. They are going to send me a new assembly and compensate me for my time being out of a car.

Oh well, I guess this is the price for being the guinea pig;) :eek: :eek: :eek: :'( :'( :'( :yellm: :yellm: :yellm:
What the hell! I assume of course they have no idea what is exactly wrong with it, but that's just rediculous to me! I can't believe this...all this work and time they took and the damn thing falls on it's ass? I'm very very very disappointed in JR! that's terrible. I really don't feel like I'm getting one now :(

bgsteve523
12-31-2003, 04:31 AM
I am saying screw it and getting the Greddy kit in a couple of days.

K-Series
12-31-2003, 06:30 AM
Ok guys, sorry for the delay. This full install (including 20 pictures) will be up on the main page as a feature by the end of business today. I didn't realize that this thread was waiting on me. I have articles that we've been releasing bi-weekly and features every few months.

Again, sorry for the wait. Holiday time is rough.

Steve

02SilverSiHB
12-31-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by US_Si
Ok guys, sorry for the delay. This full install (including 20 pictures) will be up on the main page as a feature by the end of business today. I didn't realize that this thread was waiting on me. I have articles that we've been releasing bi-weekly and features every few months.

Again, sorry for the wait. Holiday time is rough.

Steve
:D it's okay man, we forgive ya.

BlackNRedSi
12-31-2003, 08:29 AM
ok...I just got done reading through all the pages here...and i must say, from day one that i heard JR was doing a SC for us i was all about it...And ya kno what...I still am :) I thought FoSho i would be the first to do it, i guess right now i am fine with not being the first person (hence the blow of the SC)...So yeah, when did you expierence the problem with the SC? Like were you ON IT HARD...or...was it just ...blam BLOWN...

As for the knocking, i am happy it wasnt your engine that was knocking....That happened to me with my camaro, its the worst sound in the world, espcially from a V8...it sounds like there are little monkies in your engine slamming the inside with a hammer!

Thanks for the photos, please update us with what JR tells you about the defect (if they say anything @ all)...I still want this kit, i think it has alot of potential!

I would have some '?s' but most of everyone already asked them...the only question i may have for you is...Do you know if you can upgrade the pulley to allow more boost? also as for the sound of the JRSC, do you hear anything? or very little? I would love to have NO sound...ya kno keep it sleeperStyle (hey wait isnt that someones name on ephatch haha)

Well have a good newyear everyone!

Steve i am looking forward to seeing your write up on k-series!

Eric

HondaMan
12-31-2003, 08:38 AM
He did say it has a nice sound simliar to a turbo, if I recall correctly.

bgsteve523
12-31-2003, 11:15 AM
I wanna know what the SC will run in the 1/4 mile? I think that will be the deciding factor for me.
Thanks,
Steve O

fsugatorbait
12-31-2003, 11:26 AM
My estimated quess with a good driver and good rubber with full I/H/E should be pullin low 14's high 13's.

myeverlovinsir
12-31-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
My estimated quess with a good driver and good rubber with full I/H/E should be pullin low 14's high 13's.

Yeah, somewhere in there, I wonder what the race version will do with a type-S head? Stay tuned!:D

02SilverSiHB
12-31-2003, 11:34 AM
hhhmmm, I doubt it...it's a sc...it's not a turbo..people with CN are hitting low 14's high 13s. I think a mid 14 is where it will be at, maybe the lowest would be 14.3

As for the sound, it makes a jet sound, kind of.

DocofMind
12-31-2003, 11:55 AM
what we REALLY need is a good independant dyno of the damn thing.. you know what i'm saying champmasters?

you've already got baseline dyno numbers, time for dyno with the SC.. i think the numbers JR posted are crap (125 for stock? BS)

so we need to see what she'll do

fsugatorbait
12-31-2003, 11:57 AM
hhhmmm, I doubt it...it's a sc...it's not a turbo..people with CN are hitting low 14's high 13s. I think a mid 14 is where it will be at, maybe the lowest would be 14.3

the people who have the turbo cant get traction for shit which is why they are running that high. I watched Esmith run at ATCO and he was basically spinning his tires through 1st and 2nd gear and still ran a 14.1x. With good tires and a good driver, the SC would have no problem seeing low 14's and probably high 13's. Dont forget that there are a couple guys who ran high 14's with just boltons.

02SilverSiHB
12-31-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by DocofMind
what we REALLY need is a good independant dyno of the damn thing.. you know what i'm saying champmasters?

you've already got baseline dyno numbers, time for dyno with the SC.. i think the numbers JR posted are crap (125 for stock? BS)

so we need to see what she'll do
well, he'll definitely have to wait a while, he is waiting for the replacement sc.

02SilverSiHB
12-31-2003, 01:28 PM
the people who have the turbo cant get traction for shit which is why they are running that high. I watched Esmith run at ATCO and he was basically spinning his tires through 1st and 2nd gear and still ran a 14.1x. With good tires and a good driver, the SC would have no problem seeing low 14's and probably high 13's. Dont forget that there are a couple guys who ran high 14's with just boltons.
yeah, I guess I can see your point :D

02SilverSiHB
12-31-2003, 03:12 PM
well it just hit me...I shouldn't be dissappointed in the jrsc...just because of what happen to champ...it's basically the same kit as the type s and they haven't had the same type of problems..just a fluke I guess.

STP03BlueSI
01-02-2004, 11:22 AM
HOLY CRAP!! that looks good in the EP!! Thanks for the pics! Sorry to hear the the SC fucked up.:banana: :angelm:

Damn..

K-Series
01-06-2004, 02:29 PM
So it is written...so it is done!

http://www.k-series.com

Steve

fsugatorbait
01-06-2004, 02:38 PM
good job steve-o. now all we need is a dyno.

02SilverSiHB
01-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by US_Si
So it is written...so it is done!

http://www.k-series.com

Steve
another reason why k-series rules :D

myeverlovinsir
01-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Nice job. Shame about the heatshield. I was wondering if the AC hose could be bent forward towards the tensioner and fit between the belt-tensioner and JRSC pulley?

http://www.k-series.com/Images/article/supercharged/image015.jpg

Great install, and yes I would solder the ECU connections.:D

Looking forward to the dyno plot.

Someone on clubrsx swapped the crank pulley to the larger CRV pulley and got more boost that way. Not entirely sure how this impacts on the alt. but it would be turning faster as well.

EMI
01-07-2004, 01:29 PM
yeah we want some videos :)

Champ Masters
01-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Glad you guys liked the write-up:)

myeverlovinsir, bending the AC pipe forward is a cool idea, but unfortunately there just isn't any room there. Your only choices are to bend it back or not bend it at all.

Just an update, my charger is going to be sent down to a place called Magnisson (sp?), which manufactures the chargers for Jackson Racing. When it gets there, they are going to open it up and see just what went wrong. I sincerely hope that no one else has to go through what I had to go through. Good luck!

savesteve
01-12-2004, 03:38 AM
So... I have an AEM Fuelrail and am considering getting the JRSC, it moves some stuff around (Namely the fuel bolt pulse dampner thingie) to the top of the rail, think it would still fit?

Nice Job on the charger install BTW.

Thanks.

2fastcivic
01-12-2004, 10:57 AM
hey champmaster, nice writeup and review but did you install your new charger yet. when you gonna get some vids man.

siren
01-16-2004, 04:08 PM
can you upgrade the pulleys like the old JRSC? to perhaps like an 8LB or 10LB pulley (cant remember which it was)??

there was noticable gains in the 2 different pulleys they offered before?

75shot NX + JRSC = nut myself

02SilverSiHB
01-16-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by siren
can you upgrade the pulleys like the old JRSC? to perhaps like an 8LB or 10LB pulley (cant remember which it was)??

I'm sure you'll be able to, there are rumors that a current crv crank pulley could be used for more power on the jrsc.

1 fstr si
01-18-2004, 08:42 PM
well, mines installed and boostin'. man is it awesome. just wanted to get that out there. just out of curiousity tho, how many ppl on here have the JRSC or have it ordered.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/peb9a89f4da1538018bf4817383d5d19b/f9eaa8eb.jpg

02SilverSiHB
01-18-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by 1 fstr si
well, mines installed and boostin'. man is it awesome. just wanted to get that out there. just out of curiousity tho, how many ppl on here have the JRSC or have it ordered.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/peb9a89f4da1538018bf4817383d5d19b/f9eaa8eb.jpg
sweet! good to hear, hope it works out good for you. so you just have the regular one right, no upgraded ecu from hondata or anything? Are you going to be able to get vids, or maybe have comparrison times at a 1/4 track?

2fastcivic
01-19-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by siren

jrsc w/ nitrous is the exact same thing i am planning to do.

1 fstr si:
good to see someone else have the jrsc. are you gonna make some vids or put the car on a dyno. it would be nice.

bgsteve523
01-19-2004, 05:09 PM
how much are you guys paying for the JRSC?
Thanks,
Steve O

1 fstr si
01-19-2004, 07:18 PM
i got my JRSC through summit racing for $2749.69. thats the price they have for it.

i am going to get it dyno'd, dont quite know exactly when yet, but hopefully it will be within the next few months. as of right now my car is sitting in the garage in storage for the winter, but, it comes out every now and then.

i would get it out and make a vid for you guys if i knew how to do it, i have a sony digital video camera, but if anyone woulkd be able to tell mee how to create a vid, i could break the car out on a dry day and make one for you guys.

also, i just have the basic JRSC, i do have the JR air/fuel, and boost guages mounted in carbon fiber guage cups. no hondata flash or anything like that yet.

danoonez
01-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Good price you found there. Until that the lowest I'd found was on nopionline for about 2900. Anybody know when the Race Version will be released. I'm also slightly confused on the contents of the Race Version. I know it includes bigger injectors and a special Hondata Reflash, but does that mean that the powercard is done away with, or do you just reconnect the power card to the reflashed ECU?

danoonez
01-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Also, would the addition of an aftermarket fuel rail have any adverse affects on the performance of the kit. I guess what I'm asking is, did Jackson Racing program the power card to work specifically with the stock fuel rail, so that a greater flow will do more harm than good?

And I will admit that the desire for a new fuel rail would actually not be in the interest of performance:o its just that I can't get over that nasty plastic Honda rail. A nice red or polished AEM rail would be perfect. Call me a ricer if you will. ;)

02SilverSiHB
01-19-2004, 08:37 PM
from what I've seen, fuel rails are a waste of money...it still ends up going through the injectors...the true source of how much fuel goes into the engine.

02SilverSiHB
01-19-2004, 08:39 PM
i got my JRSC through summit racing for $2749.69. thats the price they have for it.

i am going to get it dyno'd, dont quite know exactly when yet, but hopefully it will be within the next few months. as of right now my car is sitting in the garage in storage for the winter, but, it comes out every now and then.

i would get it out and make a vid for you guys if i knew how to do it, i have a sony digital video camera, but if anyone woulkd be able to tell mee how to create a vid, i could break the car out on a dry day and make one for you guys.

also, i just have the basic JRSC, i do have the JR air/fuel, and boost guages mounted in carbon fiber guage cups. no hondata flash or anything like that yet.
as for getting the vid to your computer, you need to have a fire wire cable to connect to the cam and the computer. Make sure you have the fire wire connector on your computer also, some don't come with them...depends on how old your computer is. Once you have that, you'll need soft ware to load the vids to the computer. Then after that, you just need to load it up to the net.

danoonez
01-19-2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah that's what I figured. I guess for me the fuel rail would be equivalent to um...a Type R wing. Yeah you can maybe say it's functional, but it's mostly just there to improve the looks.

danoonez
01-19-2004, 08:42 PM
If you weren't moving I could have had you over to aid with the install (if I get it obviously)

02SilverSiHB
01-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by danoonez
If you weren't moving I could have had you over to aid with the install (if I get it obviously)
that'll be awsome if you get it, wish I could :D and I hope it goes better for these other owners unlike champs

1 fstr si
01-19-2004, 09:03 PM
ok, now that i know how to do that, where can i host it at, and if its dry tomorrow night, ill get it out and take it for a spin and take dome video of some runs.

lemme know where to host it at.

02SilverSiHB
01-19-2004, 09:05 PM
ok, now that i know how to do that, where can i host it at, and if its dry tomorrow night, ill get it out and take it for a spin and take dome video of some runs.

lemme know where to host it at.
I host my vids on www.imagestation.com only they take a certain amount of disc space for each vid, not sure how much, but I try not to make it too much, not over a minute for each vid, I believe.

Also, it has to be in mpeg format. it won't take anything else...i.e. avi

denmah
01-19-2004, 10:13 PM
ill host videos for anyone

email me
denmah@rcn.com

i have a personal ftp, you can upload it to then i will upload it to my webserver.

1 fstr si
01-20-2004, 06:14 PM
im on imagestation, how do i change it over to mpeg to host it, and then how do i get it on here. also, the program im using is windows movie maker.

02SilverSiHB
01-20-2004, 07:17 PM
im on imagestation, how do i change it over to mpeg to host it, and then how do i get it on here. also, the program im using is windows movie maker.
to convert to mpg, you can use easy video converter, download it at:
http://download.com.com/3000-2194-10257871.html?tag=lst-0-4
I'll pm you the code to get rid of the watermark

Once you've converted it to an mpeg (whether it be mpeg 1 or mpeg 2 format) just upload it to imagestation just like anything else, exactly like pics.

1 fstr si
01-21-2004, 09:12 PM
well, thanks for the help 02silversihb. i finally got it working, so, heres the video for all of you to watch and enjoy. the first part is of me flooring it and catching up to traffic, and the second part is a shot of the speedo and tach climbing to 105. sorry they are at night, but that lets you enjoy my HID's. you can hearb it kinda whine/growl with my injen, and magnaflow. so, enough talk, more enjoyment.
click (http://www.imagestation.com/video/view.html?id=4192085289&dl=1)

hamlet9634
01-21-2004, 09:15 PM
linky no worky

02SilverSiHB
01-21-2004, 09:15 PM
well, thanks for the help 02silversihb. i finally got it working, so, heres the video for all of you to watch and enjoy. the first part is of me flooring it and catching up to traffic, and the second part is a shot of the speedo and tach climbing to 105. sorry they are at night, but that lets you enjoy my HID's. you can hearb it kinda whine/growl with my injen, and magnaflow. so, enough talk, more enjoyment.
click here (http://www.imagestation.com/images/is/buttons/download_video.gif)
doh! bad link :D when you are in imagestation browsing that gallery...click on the pic that says video, or might even be a still pic of your vid. Then when you click on it, I think it takes you to another link...then that link is the one you want to provide us.

1 fstr si
01-21-2004, 09:29 PM
GOT IT, click away at the link above boys
enjoy

danoonez
01-21-2004, 09:44 PM
It doesn't work if you just click on it (at least it didn't for me) but if you right click and save as its all good.

Nice video by the way. Can't really hear the SC on the first run but on the second run (when you can see the tach and speedo) you can really hear it whine. What's your impression of it so far? Does it fall on its face above 5k rpm like so many people have said?

And what's that sound in the background of your video? Sounds like someone's beating it.:confused:

1 fstr si
01-21-2004, 09:53 PM
its good to know that my video finally worked. so far i absolutely love it. it doesnt seem like it falls on its face at all, at least, i dont think so. mid range and high range is extremely improved. my question is, how many of the ppl that said it falls on its face ACTUALLY HAVE ONE.

hey champmasters, whats the newest news on your JRSC. and also, whats your take on that comment of it falling on its face.

danoonez
01-21-2004, 10:11 PM
its good to know that my video finally worked. so far i absolutely love it. it doesnt seem like it falls on its face at all, at least, i dont think so. mid range and high range is extremely improved. my question is, how many of the ppl that said it falls on its face ACTUALLY HAVE ONE.

hey champmasters, whats the newest news on your JRSC. and also, whats your take on that comment of it falling on its face.

Hey thats good to hear. And good point about the people making those comments. I wasn't saying it myself, I was just going on what other people have said. Any plans to go with the Race Version in the future?

02SilverSiHB
01-21-2004, 11:21 PM
well, I can hear the sc whining up. the first part of course isn't too impressive :D it's always like that on vids. Then watching the tach on the last part had me depressed, I was very displeased, but then realized, you're in 3rd gear at about 35mph and punching it when that dude said "we're good". I guess maybe I should try getting a vid of mine doing the same while watching the tach...I'm trying to imagine me being in third at about 35mph and I don't think it pulls at all :D
I guess I'd like to see you getting on it hard from a stop, but from what I could see, it looks kinda snowy out, so that's not going to happen...track times would be great to...meanwhile I'm going to go see how slow my car is when I get on it at 35mph in 3rd gear ;)

danoonez
01-21-2004, 11:42 PM
well, I can hear the sc whining up. the first part of course isn't too impressive :D it's always like that on vids. Then watching the tach on the last part had me depressed, I was very displeased, but then realized, you're in 3rd gear at about 35mph and punching it when that dude said "we're good". I guess maybe I should try getting a vid of mine doing the same while watching the tach...I'm trying to imagine me being in third at about 35mph and I don't think it pulls at all :D
I guess I'd like to see you getting on it hard from a stop, but from what I could see, it looks kinda snowy out, so that's not going to happen...track times would be great to...meanwhile I'm going to go see how slow my car is when I get on it at 35mph in 3rd gear ;)

:eek: Yeah man I just noticed he hit 100 mph in the snow. Wow

I looked at it again and it looks like it pulls pretty decently to me. I know whenever I get on the highway from a looping entrance ramp I like to get on it a little bit and if I'm not above about 4k in third...she's going nowhere. I dont know but I'll go out sometime this week and see how my car pulls at 35 in third (for a little comparison) but I'm actually not displeased at all with that video. I would think it would be much better with the Race Version SC too (which is the only kit I would get if I went JRSC) so overall... I'm impressed.

EDIT: Okay I didn't quite understand your post when I typed all ^ that out. I went back and saw you also said that 35 in third doesn't pull at all.

02SilverSiHB
01-21-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by danoonez
I know whenever I get on the highway from a looping entrance ramp I like to get on it a little bit and if I'm not above about 4k in third...she's going nowhere.
so true!

fsugatorbait
01-22-2004, 06:56 AM
Not bad at all. Sounds great. Thanks for taking the time to get us the vids.

AkronSi
01-22-2004, 07:28 AM
Congrats on the JRSC Dan. I can't wait to see your setup at the next meet. That magnaflow is super deep in the low-mid rpms. DAMN!

Did you install it yourself, or did you take it someplace?

ep3si02
01-22-2004, 01:56 PM
nice video. car sounds good

mhx
01-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by hamlet9634
linky no worky

RIGHT CLICK SAVE-AS

mhx
01-22-2004, 02:49 PM
humm thats such a sexy sound!
WHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:)
nice car man
i want one

I just got a house! so now i got a garage to work in.. in a year ill get a jrsc :)

bgsteve523
01-22-2004, 03:30 PM
I am so happy someone finally made a video with the JRSC. Great video but I would love to see one more like your second one but really pushing the car past 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear to see the true power difference with the SC VS I/H/E Si. Anyway awesome job and I hope more people get the SC I think its a great, safe decision.
Thanks,
Steve O

Tenacious G
01-22-2004, 03:42 PM
nice video ... looks like third gear is much improved. it's a nice steady climb, i know my tach and speedo don't increase like that stock. thanks for posting.

D16Y8_Turbo
01-22-2004, 07:23 PM
Nice Vids. How about 0-??? :) I would like to see the S/C Si launched. But hey, its not mine. :p

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2004, 08:02 PM
nice video ... looks like third gear is much improved. it's a nice steady climb, i know my tach and speedo don't increase like that stock. thanks for posting.
ditto! I just did a third gear pull starting at 35mph today..yeah, his car definitely faster :D

Originally posted by D16Y8_Turbo
Nice Vids. How about 0-??? I would like to see the S/C Si launched. But hey, its not mine.
Ditto :D

1 fstr si
01-23-2004, 05:35 AM
ok guys. ill get some of those videos for you tomorrow or something. tomorrow i get my alarm installed, and then that night im takin my car to a show up in cleveland, so, ill take my camera along with me and get some video on the highway. i would do it for you guys today, but i dont trust myself drivin at quick speeds or anything. i kinda had a little problem waking up. but u guys might get a little laugh out of it. when i sleep i curl up in a ball to stay warm, and when i wake up, everything is asleep, and my alarm clock is all the way across my room. well, on my trip back to my bed this morning, my legs gave out and i fell and smacked my head on a magazine rack. and now i have a 2.5 inch GASH on my forehead, and im all lightheaded and stuff. so, i will try and get that vid up sometime sunday for you guys.

bgsteve523
01-23-2004, 06:01 PM
sounds awesome! If you can get a vid of 0-60 or so that would be great to see how the SC is and again thanks for posting.
Thanks,
Steve O

hamlet9634
01-23-2004, 06:36 PM
ok guys. ill get some of those videos for you tomorrow or something. tomorrow i get my alarm installed, and then that night im takin my car to a show up in cleveland, so, ill take my camera along with me and get some video on the highway. i would do it for you guys today, but i dont trust myself drivin at quick speeds or anything. i kinda had a little problem waking up. but u guys might get a little laugh out of it. when i sleep i curl up in a ball to stay warm, and when i wake up, everything is asleep, and my alarm clock is all the way across my room. well, on my trip back to my bed this morning, my legs gave out and i fell and smacked my head on a magazine rack. and now i have a 2.5 inch GASH on my forehead, and im all lightheaded and stuff. so, i will try and get that vid up sometime sunday for you guys.

maybe all that extra speed is taking blood flow away from your brain..

(we want a freaking dyno god dammit.. i'm trying to decide between greddy and this.. and i need a good independant dyno before i decide)

02SilverSiHB
01-23-2004, 09:29 PM
maybe all that extra speed is taking blood flow away from your brain..

(we want a freaking dyno god dammit.. i'm trying to decide between greddy and this.. and i need a good independant dyno before i decide)
dyno wise, he will probably running the jrsc power car, I expect nothing more than 180whp and 140-150wtq. that may seem low, but if you compare it to a greddy non ic turbo kit, it's damn good. Best of all, easier to install. Now if you want tons more power, turbo is the way to go imo. But if you want some minimal power, but yet very noticeable and come quickly with very little drag...jrsc is your choice.

hamlet9634
01-23-2004, 09:50 PM
my formula is simple. If i see a SC car with 210+ whp, then I'll pass on a turbo and get the sc. If you balance reliability, usable power, early power on of a sc with the higher peak power of a turbo.. it's tough to call. If the turbo is making 250whp (intercooled greddy is in that range) and the SC is under 200, that difference is too much.

Now, if you give me a supercharged car (let's say you get the base kit, upgrade the injectors, have I/H/E, hondata, and get a higher boost pulley -- 8lbs sounds fair) that makes 210 WHP.. Supercharger is it.. better for autocross and daily driving, i think.

I'd be completely content with 210.. if the base kit makes 190.. I'm done.

02SilverSiHB
01-23-2004, 09:54 PM
my formula is simple. If i see a SC car with 210+ whp, then I'll pass on a turbo and get the sc. If you balance reliability, usable power, early power on of a sc with the higher peak power of a turbo.. it's tough to call. If the turbo is making 250whp (intercooled greddy is in that range) and the SC is under 200, that difference is too much.

Now, if you give me a supercharged car (let's say you get the base kit, upgrade the injectors, have I/H/E, hondata, and get a higher boost pulley -- 8lbs sounds fair) that makes 210 WHP.. Supercharger is it.. better for autocross and daily driving, i think.

I'd be completely content with 210.. if the base kit makes 190.. I'm done.
you can get 210whp easy with the jrsc...just plan on upgrading the injectors...hondata (very important for good gas mileage, smooth power band, and solid performance), and a bigger pulley, no more than 8lbs would be needed.

hamlet9634
01-23-2004, 10:02 PM
you can get 210whp easy with the jrsc...just plan on upgrading the injectors...hondata (very important for good gas mileage, smooth power band, and solid performance), and a bigger pulley, no more than 8lbs would be needed.

SHOW ME THE DYNOOOOOO
SHOW ME THE DYYYYNNNOOOOOOOOOO

sorry.. not enough sleep

02SilverSiHB
01-23-2004, 10:06 PM
SHOW ME THE DYNOOOOOO
SHOW ME THE DYYYYNNNOOOOOOOOOO

sorry.. not enough sleep
well, no dyno, but I've seen it on other si's...older models...it shouldn't be hard my friend :)
Why hondata doesn't list a base tune is beyond me

Here's an example of the type s...do you have any idea how crazy it is to see such tq for a sc'd 4 banger? stock boost...hondata is the key...more rpms help, imo
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123706

8600RPM Pull
255 WHP
202 lb/ft of tq

8100RPM Pull
246 WHP
223 lb/ft of tq

myeverlovinsir
01-24-2004, 03:12 PM
well, no dyno, but I've seen it on other si's...older models...it shouldn't be hard my friend :)
Why hondata doesn't list a base tune is beyond me

Here's an example of the type s...do you have any idea how crazy it is to see such tq for a sc'd 4 banger? stock boost...hondata is the key...more rpms help, imo
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123706

8600RPM Pull
255 WHP
202 lb/ft of tq

8100RPM Pull
246 WHP
223 lb/ft of tq

Yeah, Scott has since move into an Evo VIII, so we probably won't see much more of his developement. He was running 5psi on that, really hard to believe IMO, as far as the tq numbers anyway. I would hope I could do the same on mine.;)

02SilverSiHB
01-24-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
Yeah, Scott has since move into an Evo VIII, so we probably won't see much more of his developement. He was running 5psi on that, really hard to believe IMO, as far as the tq numbers anyway. I would hope I could do the same on mine.;)
yeah, I saw that post about him switching to the evo

Tenacious G
01-24-2004, 06:47 PM
anyone know if 1 fstr si has standard bolt-ons or what mods he does have?

1 fstr si
01-25-2004, 12:30 AM
tenacious G- as of what i have done to my car performance wise, i have an injen CAI, and a magnaflow cat-back, changed the plugs to NGK's, and i am running the JR powercard. to keep tabs on everything, i have the JR boost guage, and A/F guage. thats it. i am going to hopefully soon get a DC sports ceramic header, and then i will spend the money on the dyno run.

as for the video you guys are anxiously awaiting, unfortunately, you are going to have to wait a little longer. late friday night, early saturday morning, it snowed about 5 inches, and i was half tempted to cancel my alarm install this morning, but decided against that, and reluctantly drove my car in the shitty weather. i didnt take my camera with me, and the weather was nowhere near worthy of a 0-60 run. on a sadder note, by the time my alarm was done, and i was totally out of my way to go home and get my video camera, the roads melted enough that i could do some boosting, but, lots of cops were out, so i took it easy. at the autorama tho, upon entering the underground parking garage, my magnaflow set off the aftermarket alarm on a nice new H2. and when i left, heres the great thing, i gave it enough throttle going past all the ppl leaving the show that the bypass valve was starting to close and whistle, and i heard quite a few remarks saying "HEY, that things turbo'd", or, my personal favorite, " hey, he's running boost, dawg" and i had four ppl in the car with me.

and heres the thing you guys will love. on the way home, a focass ZX3 with some fake HID's and projector headlights, a big wing on his roof, and a big fart can flew past me and got in the left turn lane i was gettin ready to get in, and when he turned he got on it. my buddy in the back seat said, man, hes gettin on it, so, i all of a sudden said, screw it. so i got on it a lil bit, and lost some traction, so i shifted, and got into boost, and caught up really quick, and then he saw that and dropped gears and got on it full throttle, big cloud of stuuf came out the back. i laid into third and flew right up on his ass, let off, and the did it again to give him the picture. then i had to turn, cuz i didnt feel like pressing my luck and getting a ticket.

but, when it dries out here in ohio, i promise you guys i will get a 0-60 vid (with no wacking off noise in the background, no clue where that came from), but i cant promise you it will be anythime soon, cuz, well, its ohio. the weather is unpredictable, and sucks.

myeverlovinsir
01-25-2004, 12:43 AM
Nice story, I recommend the DC header and feel a little presumptious at this time...but will likely do the JRSC as you have, just a little more dramatic of course. Congrats on your setup!:tongue:

D16Y8_Turbo
01-25-2004, 01:44 PM
But i cant promise you it will be anythime soon, cuz, well, its ohio. the weather is unpredictable, and sucks.

How about the weather tonight? 4-8 inches of snow and sleet. Geez. Whenever you have the opportunity to get a vid is cool. Make sure it's safe out first.

danoonez
01-25-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by D16Y8_Turbo
How about the weather tonight? 4-8 inches of snow and sleet. Geez. Whenever you have the opportunity to get a vid is cool. Make sure it's safe out first.

It's 75-80 degrees and sunny here. I even had to trade in my jeans for a pair of shorts earlier today. Hehe

D16Y8_Turbo
01-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Keep rubbing it in.

mhx
01-26-2004, 10:39 AM
i am going to hopefully soon get a DC sports ceramic header, and then i will spend the money on the dyno run.

Kamikaze proved to be some of the best headers for supercharged civics in the past
http://www.bigjoshracing.com/store/shop/index.html

You may want to try them.. they are cheaper than DC

Thanks,
ry

2fastcivic
01-26-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by mhx
Kamikaze proved to be some of the best headers for supercharged civics in the past
http://www.bigjoshracing.com/store/shop/index.html

You may want to try them.. they are cheaper than DC

Thanks,
ry

interesting. i didnt even know kamikaze made a header for the ep. anyone on here bought one yet??

David K.
01-26-2004, 06:56 PM
Did I read correctly that it has 1 3/4" primary tubes?!!! That's fucking HUGE; my 95 Z28 only had 1 5/8" headers on and it made over 300 whp. If that's the case I would think that header would make the car dog-slow below 6K rpm.

Black 02 SI
01-26-2004, 10:59 PM
just reading through the directions with the kit. have a few questions for those who have installed it, before i start on mine. the powercard, the four wires you have to splice, it doesn't matter what inector wire they go to, just put the four from the card to the four injector wires. the install looks fairly easy, but if there are any little problems you came across and could tell me know, might be a big help. also did your kit come with gauges or did you buy them sep? thanks

dave

oldskool
01-27-2004, 03:03 AM
1 and 3/4 inch primaries would be fine for a high hp motor because your z28 is making ~300whp or ~150 per bank which is less than a 4cylinder with mods/forced induction (which i think the header was intended for) on my big block mopar i had a 1 and 7/8 primary and 3 inch collector for a 500hp 500ft/lb motor
`

just my $0.02

1 fstr si
01-27-2004, 07:15 PM
yep, thats exactly it. there are no specific order that the injector wires need to be connected. i bought the guages seperate, they dont come in the kit and have to be bought seperate, which is good, because if you dont like the JR guages, you can get different ones, that you like.

Champ Masters
01-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Hi folks,

Well, I just heard back from Jackson about my supercharger that went out. What happened was, one of the inlet needle bearings went out. Why this happened was because, when they assembled the unit, the bearing was not pushed onto the propeller all the way. This caused the propeller not to be perpendicular and thus, rubbed inside the bearing and just wore it out. So they completely went through my blower and replaced and tested everything and it will be on my doorstep on Friday.

But now here

1 fstr si
01-28-2004, 07:28 PM
hmm, ill keep my ears open and remember this. although, mine will last alot longer than yours if it has the same problem, because my car hardly ever gets driven, and as of right now, its up on jack stands until the snow goes away, and im just cleaning it and finishiongs up little details. i have one question though, does it do the wirring sound at idle or anything like that?

Champ Masters
01-29-2004, 08:39 AM
No, it doesn't make the sound at idle. The only time I would hear it on mine was when I was at about 1/4 throttle. It would make a really high pitched whinning, but when I would push the throttle a little more the noise would die down. It's a very noticable noise and is very annoying, so if your charger starts doing it you will know. Hopefully you will be problem free, good luck!

02SilverSiHB
01-29-2004, 09:32 PM
man, well, glad to hear you're getting the sc fixed champ

Champ Masters
01-30-2004, 08:51 AM
Thanks, I'm glad to be getting it back too! Jackson really took care of me on this one, they stand by their products.

Another bit of news, I called Jackson yesterday, and it seems another EP supercharger was sent in with the same problem:( That makes 3 blown chargers including mine.

bgsteve523
01-31-2004, 08:08 PM
any news on more jrsc vids? Im sorry I just want one so bad it helps my craving when I get to watch a new vid.
Thanks,
Steve O

hamlet9634
02-01-2004, 12:39 PM
can't buy it till i see a dyno
dyno
dyno

the one hankook put on their car only made 20whp and 30lb-ft of torque..

they had header, exhaust and SC and made 171 whp (baseline was 140). THey were missing intake, which should be another 10hp.. so it SHOULD be 180.. but you'd think 3K would be worth more than 20hp.. right?

2fastcivic
02-11-2004, 05:41 PM
still no dyno. man those are poor numbers for the hankook si. atleasts get in the range of 180-190whp.

tom3
02-11-2004, 06:21 PM
Just so that you guys know, another member tpao has dyno'ed his EP with JRSC. His numbers were 192.5hp/150tq at the wheels.

CLICK HERE (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29541) to see more details.

2fastcivic
02-11-2004, 06:49 PM
everyone check out that dyno chart. pretty good results. i wonder how much of a difference will a different header make. i'm very impressed at the moment. the power came out to what i expected to be w/ i/h/e.

Patrick
02-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Nice ride, I just put the greddy turbo kit on my 03 Si. 250 hp at wheels and 193 pounds of tourque. I love it 13.2 in the quarter 105 MPH. later

Tenacious G
02-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Patrick
Nice ride, I just put the greddy turbo kit on my 03 Si. 250 hp at wheels and 193 pounds of tourque. I love it 13.2 in the quarter 105 MPH. later

do you have slicks or an LSD? nice ET. some of our turbo'd EPs are having problems with traction off the line, so out of curiosity, what kind of 60' times are you pulling? is it just me, or is a 105 mph slow for a trap speed when his ET is 13.2? i would have thought it'd be closer to 110. US_Si has the cybernation kit (260-ish wph) and ran a 14.008 at 103.3 mph.

02SilverSiHB
02-20-2004, 09:20 PM
do you have slicks or an LSD? nice ET. some of our turbo'd EPs are having problems with traction off the line, so out of curiosity, what kind of 60' times are you pulling? is it just me, or is a 105 mph slow for a trap speed when his ET is 13.2? i would have thought it'd be closer to 110. US_Si has the cybernation kit (260-ish wph) and ran a 14.008 at 103.3 mph.
sounds like slicks to me.

Tenacious G
02-20-2004, 09:32 PM
perhaps the trap speed isn't as off as i initially thought. 1FSTEP (nopi chick champ) is/was running 13.07 @ 102.

02SilverSiHB
02-20-2004, 09:36 PM
perhaps the trap speed isn't as off as i initially thought. 1FSTEP (nopi chick champ) is/was running 13.07 @ 102.
yeah, that's why I thought slicks, plus he has a turbo, so a tad higher of a trap might be possible.

PAPITUYO326
02-24-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Patrick

sounds like slicks

anyway thats really a really good time man