PDA

View Full Version : where to mount my cell phone?

siver-SI
12-04-2003, 06:50 PM
Well I got a new cell phone a i95cl from Nextel and I am looking to get phone mount for my car because my old phone use to fit nice in that copartment next to the e-brake but since this is a flip phone it does not. I am just trying to find a place to place a phone mount because I just can not see a flat spot on are dash to place it so I am wondering do any of you have a mount and were do you have it? I am worried about on the dash where is it flat beside the stearing wheel because I have long legs and I think I might hit it going into the car.

NuG
12-04-2003, 07:21 PM
I have a i95 as well and I like to wedge it in the pocket under the radio. It fits well when 2 or 3 cds are in there too. I think this spot is great because it is visible and can be heard when the radio is blasting.

But in my 740 I rock the car mount: http://store.007pcs.net/ntn9688.html

siver-SI
12-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Ok I will try there. That is the mount that I was looking at so that is what I am trying to figure out if there is anyway to mount it in a good spot in the car. Yea the BMW's have easy places to mount. My mom has the 323i and when I was in there I saw a few good places if I had that car.

NuG
12-04-2003, 08:48 PM
The only feasible place would be the small area under the ebrake. Position the phone mount to the right of the pocket. It's an ok fit.

SiR_d1
12-04-2003, 10:29 PM
put it in your ear and tie a rubberband around your head:D j/j

i put mine under the hand brake

oldschoolimport
12-04-2003, 10:34 PM
door handle, fits like a glove, and is damn hard to forget it.

CiViCnBlu
12-04-2003, 11:51 PM
use your cup holder on the driver side clip it on to it.. thats what i did with my i95cl

SexySIgiRL
12-05-2003, 01:35 AM
ya..door handle..or under the electric output - or whatever its called! - cuz i normally have it plugged into my car charger.. but that's kind of an inconvenient place cuz it's hard to reach..but it doesn't slide around or anything

phatfreeza
12-05-2003, 02:08 AM
if you would like.. you could buy a phone holder... i got this one... and it works for me... it doesn't fly around even during spirited driving...like this pic.. where i'm racing an M3!!!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cc24b3127cce833449b6f03d0000001610

hahahah.. okay so i wasn't racing.. but it's a nice car anyway... but like i said.. it works for me.. not everyone likes it... but yeah.. just an idea.. it also came with a sticky backing so you can put it next to the shifter(it covers the cig lighter button). hope that helps. i know i know.. lotsa people are gonna say that the clips that hold the holder to the vent sucks but i like it! :)

Zero Three Si
12-05-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by phatfreeza
if you would like.. you could buy a phone holder... i got this one... and it works for me... it doesn't fly around even during spirited driving...like this pic.. where i'm racing an M3!!!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cc24b3127cce833449b6f03d0000001610

hahahah.. okay so i wasn't racing.. but it's a nice car anyway... but like i said.. it works for me.. not everyone likes it... but yeah.. just an idea.. it also came with a sticky backing so you can put it next to the shifter(it covers the cig lighter button). hope that helps. i know i know.. lotsa people are gonna say that the clips that hold the holder to the vent sucks but i like it! :)

I LIKE IT!!!!

STP03BlueSI
12-05-2003, 09:51 AM
I keep mine in the below bein right below the cup holder on the driver side.. i think that is for maps

Black 02 SI
12-05-2003, 11:39 AM
hey, mine came with a belt clip that i never used, so i cut off the belt clip part and used some double sided tape to hold it to my dash. here's a link with the pic.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=17846&highlight=garage+door+opener

siver-SI
12-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Thanks I do like the seat phone mount. I think I am going to get the oem holder it for the $10 off ebay since I am getting some other things from this seller for my phone so shipping is next to nothing for it. I will play with a few mounting place for it. But from reading I have a few ideas to play with now.

seattlecivic
12-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Just keep it in your pocket.. or don't let anyone sit in your passenger seat. Save money!! So you can get one of those nice EPhatch sticker and T-shirt. :banana:

siver-SI
12-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by seattlecivic
Just keep it in your pocket.. or don't let anyone sit in your passenger seat. Save money!! So you can get one of those nice EPhatch sticker and T-shirt. :banana:

I got the sticker all ready on order now i just have to get the shirt.