PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers

Stroker2004
12-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Could you guys give me some pros and cons and feedback on theses coilovers.
Arospeed / RSR Adjustable Coilovers are designed to give you the look you want while maintaining the quality ride that you desire. These adjustable coilovers allow adjustment of 0" - 4". Height is adjusted through the use of a threaded sleeve that fits over your stock or aftermarket shocks/struts and a dual locking perch mechanism. Fully adjustable kit includes 4 linear-rate springs, 4 threaded sleeves , 4 locking perches, 4 urethane bushings and 2 wrenches.

andy
12-05-2003, 10:34 AM
Pros:
Adjustable
Cheap

Cons:
Cheap (not as complete as a full coilover solution)
Still will blow stock shocks over time (especially if you drop
them low)

Most people don't adjust their suspension once it's on. Unless you
hit the track often/lower it for shows or something. So having
adjustable springs on stock shocks, to me, is about the same as
just putting on lowering springs.

Save up the $$$ and get a full set of coilovers (springs and shocks),
like the Mugen, Tein or KW's. You'll be much happier, IMO.

Civicvtec1ps
12-05-2003, 10:46 AM
My friend has those sleeved coilovers on his car. Rides crap. I wouldnt even bother.

02SilverSiHB
12-05-2003, 12:46 PM
Even if you want coilovers/sleeves...don't buy those!

Stroker2004
12-12-2003, 05:43 AM
I just wanted to be able to raise the car up over the winter season!

Civicvtec1ps
12-12-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Stroker2004
I just wanted to be able to raise the car up over the winter season!
Then just buy them and use it. Its totally up to you, I woudlnt recommand it though. Stock height is high enough for winter lol.My car is lowered with tein s tech springs and i can go through WI winter.
:)

Btrthnezr3
12-12-2003, 07:25 AM
Anybody else vote for Ground Controls? I wanted a sleeve/coilover for my 4 Door Civic about a year ago and searched around, rode in a few cars and settled on Ground Controls as the best ride, adjustability, etc...they are expensive but well worth it! Of course, a full coil-over suspension will be the best but if you don't want to spend that then buy a quality sleeve system like GC! I've never once regretted my decision!
Now that I have the EP though...I will probably just get springs cuz I never adjusted my coils...but the quality was great so who knows? I just got my EP though so mods are waiting a good while!
GOOD LUCK!!!