PDA

View Full Version : Greddy vs Revhard **again**

66elwood99
12-05-2003, 02:02 PM
I know that this has been brought up over and over again...........so here we go again.

Looking at the two: Greddy $2,675
BOV 219
IC 775
Total $3,669

RevHard $3,499 (BOV and IC) included

(prices from Showstoppers....because I would shop NO WHERE else..........Chuck'da'man......)

Newbie here when it comes to aftermarket turbos........ so please be nice :)

ep_nezay
12-05-2003, 11:32 PM
BOTH are great kits. From driving the Revhard's car to driving SS car aswell and owning the Greddy myself. I chose Greddy because Im going to be doing road racing and autoX. I needed a small turbo for the fact that it will spool up faster than a bigger turbo obviously. I also had a Greddy BOV and Greddy Boost controller in my garage, so that was a bonus.
IMO,it all comes down to what you want to do with your car.

estebones
12-06-2003, 12:35 AM
Doesnt the revhard kit have problems with the fuel management? I think I read somewhere it runs REALLY rich. I am currently in the market but would like to get as much info as possible on this.
good post in my book! :D

civic hatch boi
12-06-2003, 01:12 AM
also keep in mind.. doesn't the revhard kit come with a free ecu upgrade(Hondata $600) for free :)

team ERA 5
12-06-2003, 01:36 AM
might not hit u right now since u dont have to smog your car....greddy is carblegal and revhard i think is still pending...well if u live in a state that doesnt require smog like virginia u got it made...here in california man O man there tough, unless u know people...

DyNastySi
12-06-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by team ERA 5
might not hit u right now since u dont have to smog your car....greddy is carblegal and revhard i think is still pending...well if u live in a state that doesnt require smog like virginia u got it made...here in california man O man there tough, unless u know people...

Shyza...Virginia doesnt have a smog test?? What the hell. Iv'e lived here for 8 years and am only now finding out about this. So tell me this. What do they check for when you go get ur emissions checked out?:confused:

Robbies'03Si
12-08-2003, 08:51 AM
ouch i lived in VA for 19 years..... and jus found this out haha i figured VA had the most strictist laws then all other states... bastards heh

Vertigo
12-09-2003, 02:44 AM
At our emmission here in TN, all they check for is a CEL. They also do a physical inspection and a gas cap pressure test.

I like the Revhard kit! It come with the Hondata. And it's on Rocky's car so it has to be good.

KeNnYtAkEr
12-09-2003, 06:59 AM
I like the Rev Hard kit too. ANd i think it was the Greddy kit that had the fuel problem no? Hondata comes with the kit should have fuel problems right?

danoonez
12-09-2003, 11:39 PM
The only thing that turns me off from revhard was seeing a thread on clubrsx with pictures of a guys car where pretty much everything up at the base of the windshield had been completely burned up, and even a section of his cam cover had some damage, because the revhard manifold places the turbo in a less than ideal location. I dont know if this is a problem on the Si though.

KeNnYtAkEr
12-10-2003, 06:38 AM
Damn. U sure that guy just didn;t push it to hard?
Post the link. I wanna see damage. :D

VIZHUNZ02SI
12-10-2003, 09:01 AM
i think ur confusing rev hards kit with cybernations kit
one rsx three motors and turbo kits same problems
rev hards manifold is cast iron which is completely solid
unlike cybernations its made by a welder thats not into performance parts he jus makes them for a few bucks and could care less what happens to the manifold

66elwood99
12-10-2003, 09:54 AM
Thanks for all the input. I guess if you have all the monies up front get the Revhard, but if you need to piece it together then you can get the greddy.
Reading all the post, I see that some like the one more the other, but I haven't read anything to suggest that one IS better than the other. Like EZ said "it comes down to what you want to do with your car"
Thanks again for everyones input. :D

danoonez
12-10-2003, 08:51 PM
i think ur confusing rev hards kit with cybernations kit

nah, cause in his thread (which was like his whole turbo story)
he told about his experience with the revhard kit, and then went on to say nothing but great things about his new cybernation kit

87gn
12-10-2003, 09:12 PM
its odd about how fast people forget about revhards problems, i got in to another "revhard" argument in another thread just a few days back. the guy i was argueing with dint even know about when revhard did the fake recall on the kits.