PDA

View Full Version : survice bulletin on brakes for 02 si ....

02situner
12-05-2003, 06:54 PM
i took my car in today again to the honda dealer to tell them that there is a problem with my brakes. i took it to them a couple months ago and told them my brakes were grinding and didnt feel right they said they were fine. well it got worse and i took it back to them today again and told them they are not fine there is something wrong and i want it fixed. they called me back tonight and told me they had a service bulletin that there are some bad brake pads on the 2002 si's and they replaced then and turned the rotors. picked it up and now i stop smooth and easy i love it. i quess they just didnt want to beleive me about the brakes untell the manufacturer said there could be a problem...

02civicSI
12-05-2003, 07:22 PM
i am taking mine in next week!

DarkSiRacer
12-06-2003, 07:52 AM
Too late... I replaced the front already. But mine was working fine. I just used it too much ;) Stupid traffic autocross lol

ATRIOT
12-06-2003, 07:58 AM
My rears locked up again, this keeps happening and its not even that cold outside. Taking it in next week.

FreakSoft
12-06-2003, 09:21 PM
I have taken mine in twice so far because I get a clicking when I brake. It starts as a single click then a month later clicks like crazy. Kinda sounds like a bic pen. Then I took them in they rotated the rotors, machined them (verdict is still out actually), and put some poly stuff on them. Currently they are ok but we will see in a little bit. I guess it is like every 5000 miles. I do drive ALOT though.

trk
12-07-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by DarkSiRacer
Too late... I replaced the front already. But mine was working fine. I just used it too much ;) Stupid traffic autocross lol

yeah -- me too ---

I just paid to rotate them yesterday ...

Then I read this... doh...

I even called my dealer first -- he was like, "Brakes are wearable non warranted parts..."

tard.

HokieSi
12-07-2003, 12:21 PM
Mine are warped to hell. I've got 20k miles. This will be my last Honda!!!!

jaydub
12-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by HokieSi
Mine are warped to hell. I've got 20k miles. This will be my last Honda!!!!

because of the brakes?! bwhahahaha

yellerep3
12-07-2003, 12:40 PM
I cant blame him tho, its kinda rough, the 2002 sis seem to have a lot of defects. While this is excusable, its rough cause honda treats us like assholes. What can you do. Im on my 12th honda, and im starting ta concider weather i should make this one my last

mhx
12-07-2003, 01:16 PM
honda makes nothing thats "great" they just make stuff thats realible
honda is anti turbo..
honda is just realiable thats all there is to it..

sonic imperial
12-08-2003, 07:30 AM
this is will probably be my last honda as well. i've owned 3 new hondas in the past 4 years and before they hit 25,000 miles i've had nothing but problems. i'm seriously considering switching to a different brand of car for my next automobile. i think i need a step up in quality.

yellerep3
12-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by mhx
honda makes nothing thats "great" they just make stuff thats realible
honda is anti turbo..
honda is just realiable thats all there is to it..

thier company is based on quality and reliability, i dont think that should mean bad quality but will still run. i mean when the asimo comes out i dont want it to kill my family and then they tell me, well hey its still running right!

K20A3Si
12-09-2003, 09:31 AM
i had a clicking noise coming from the front passenger side caliper....the caliper was snapping like a mother...i had one of the mechanics look at it for me and he just tighentd a clip that was loose..i guess they come alittle loose from the factory...no more noises.

HokieSi
12-09-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by jaydub
because of the brakes?! bwhahahaha

No not just because of the breaks. Do a search to find out the problems i've had.

Zero Three Si
12-09-2003, 11:41 AM
You guys are a bunch of thong wearing girls!!! All you ever do is complain complain complain. I swear my woman doesn't even complain as much as all of you girls.

k20beast
12-10-2003, 12:25 AM
what was wrong with ur brakes... when i slam on mine it feels like i am grinding...and how much did they charge u to fix it

02situner
12-10-2003, 02:35 PM
my brakes grinded when i stoped. they were real rough. the didnt charge me anything. the did it uner warrenty

mhx
12-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
You guys are a bunch of thong wearing girls!!! All you ever do is complain complain complain. I swear my woman doesn't even complain as much as all of you girls.

i 2nd u

sonic imperial
12-11-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by 02situner
my brakes grinded when i stoped. they were real rough. the didnt charge me anything. the did it uner warrenty

What exactly did they do to fix it? I'm taking mine in tomorrow for a similar thing plus a few other problems. Did they just resurface the rotors?

02situner
12-11-2003, 01:25 PM
they replaced the pads and turned the rotors

sonic imperial
12-11-2003, 02:13 PM
I always heard that once you turn the rotors the chances of them warping again is much greater due to the fact they are thinner. You think it's a that big of a deal on our cars?