PDA

View Full Version : Si symbol on the front grill

03SiBlack
12-05-2003, 07:39 PM
Ok heres my story, three weeks after i bought my car i had my car sitting in the back parking lot of my job. I came out after work one day and noticed the emblem on the front of my car was missing. I went around the car to check to see if their was anything else missing/ damaged and the si emblem on the back was off with the white glue stuff still on and a big scratch where it looks like someone took a screwdriver and pryed it off. Anyway after i finished crying i ordered new emblems i put the back side si emblem on but i cant figure out what i have to do to put on the grill si emblem. I think the whole front bumper and everything has to come off to get on the inside anyone know how to put this on? Thanks

redronin22
12-05-2003, 08:30 PM
to my knowledge its held in by two pins with washers n clips on the back. yes u will have to remove ur grill to get it on =-/

bustedteg95
12-05-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by redronin22
yes u will have to remove ur grill to get it on =-/

you can't take the grill off without breaking it. I've tried. Take off the entire front bumper. Only about 14 screws, remember to unscrew the headlights too so you can get it off.

LannyM
12-05-2003, 09:12 PM
If you have really small hands, you might be able to sneak you hand down there and pop them on. If you remove the snaps on the upper portion of the grill, you can pull the grill back about three inches or so. Do not pull from the bottom of the grill, as its clipped to the bumper from the inside.

When I was removing my emblem,
I was able to reach the clips with my hand without too much difficulty, but the clips were too hard to pull off by hand, and there wasn't enough room to get tools down there. I'm sure I could put a set on though,,,,,,,

BSEVEER
12-05-2003, 10:00 PM
My SI emblem was missing when I got the car and I helped them put on the new one without taking the whole bumper off. We only removed some of the screws ( don't remember how many) and pulled it down far enough to get a hand back there.

Mugen_EP
12-05-2003, 10:35 PM
To have access to put the emblem back on pop your hood and remove the eight clips holding the bumper and grill down. Reach inside your drivers side fender and remove the 8mm screw that is holding the bumper to the fender. Pull on your bumper from the corner and it will pop out a little. Then reach from the grill side and pull the bumper to finish poping it out. Next pull the bumper out (towards you) and over the latch. You now have access to get behind the grill.

hth

-Tony

03SiBlack
12-06-2003, 07:57 AM
thanks for the info guys

vivid blue Si
12-06-2003, 05:48 PM
my car came without the front Si emblem and the grill was faded so
they gave me a new one. When they intsalled it it was a little off
so when the mechanic came out to slightly adjust it I asked him how to replace it and as stated before you must take off the whole bumper.
I have a 03 grill with H but no Si that was on my car for 500 miles
it was faded when I bought it. if you want it I will sell it for $30
shipped. in case you want to paint it and replace the whole thing with
your new emblem. sorry for ranting

K20A3Si
12-07-2003, 01:35 PM
that is terrible that someone touched your car like that...its probobly someone with a dx civic and is going to put the si badge on. i hate those kind of peolple...i work at a dealership and those si badges are stolen more than anything....i took mine off because i like how it looks..i did leave the one on in the front though...i have a carbon fiber front upper grill coming in though:)