PDA

View Full Version : Just bought an Si!

03NighthawkSi
12-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Just sayin hey. I just bought a new Si on Monday. It was my first totally new car, so that was cool. I was looking at several other cars but I got a really good deal on the SI, so I couldnt pass it up. I have only had it 4 days, and already I spent 1/2 hour buffing out a 12 in. scratch that someone put on my driver side 1/4 panel. At least it came out pretty good. I havent gotten on it yet, letting it break in a little. I plan on keeping it stock for a while, maybe some 17's and a drop by spring time, but thats it. No performance stuff til the warranty runs out. This is my first import car as well. My other two cars are a 98 Contour SVT and an 89 Thunderbird Super Coupe. The SVT is stock, and the Super Coupe has quite a bit done to it. I'll post a pic eventually. It snowed today and the car isnt excatly clean, except for where I buffed out the scratch.

Mugen_EP
12-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Congrats on the car and welcome to the site.

DyNastySi
12-05-2003, 10:41 PM
One of us one of us...haha. Welcome to this site meng. You'll find everything you need here.

Brettnyt
12-06-2003, 01:49 AM
Congrats on the car and welcome to the site! How does build quality of the EP seem to compare to ur other cars?:D

03NighthawkSi
12-06-2003, 07:41 AM
Brettnyt

Judging by the smiley at the end of your question, I think you know the answer. The Si is better. Between the SVT and the Super Coupe, I would say the Super Coupe may be better. Overall I may have had more problems with the Super Coupe, but the SVT gets babied and I still have problems with it. At least I have taken the Super Coupe to the strip several times and got to have fun. Plus the SVT was in great shape when I bought it, it had 30,000 miles on it. The Super Coupe was already showing signs of wear and tear when I bought it with 90,000.

NuG
12-06-2003, 01:58 PM
Congrats on the new car! Don't worry about the warranty it's a Honda, go ahead and mod away!! :smilem:

danoonez
12-06-2003, 02:14 PM
89 Thunderbird Super Coupe

Is that the supercharged version? There's one (Thunderbird SC) that's always at the forum in San Antonio and its pretty badass.

Peking
12-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Congrats and welcome:)

JBS02
12-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Your Si will only get smoother and faster with time. You may not want to lower it until the warranty is up - there have been many complaints of strut and steering rack problems after about 20K miles. Honda do not like modifications to car during warranty period.