PDA

View Full Version : Body Kit

yomamaInMySi
09-17-2002, 01:56 PM
Why are so many people on putting on a body kit on their eps? Is just for looks it has to be. I can't think of a positive reason for putting a body kit on a car that weights more than 2700lbs. I mean body kit on American/Canadian Si means more weight. The only reason why they put on the CTR is because is got the possesed engine under the hood, now A/C and is lighter still.

Any Thoughts?

OrientExpress3
09-23-2002, 11:50 AM
Cause in my opinion not everybody is concerned about racing all the time. More people will look at your car than you are probably gonna race, so it's all about being noticed.

FiZZ-EP3
09-23-2002, 12:24 PM
The only reason why they put on the CTR is because is got the possesed engine under the hood, now A/C and is lighter still.

Any Thoughts?

Say what?? Anyway, why do people put on the CTR kit? Haven't seen anyone do it yet, so I don't understand what you're talking about. 2nd, the CTR kit is NOT heavy at all. 3rd, the CTR kit was tested and is better all around aerodynamically than the Si/SiR w/o the kit. 4th, people put on body kits to be different, just like rims. I don't see everyone with the same bodykit and same rims on every car(except maybe the Slipstreams;) ), so it's a matter of a persons taste. Some people like bodykits, others can take driving their cars stock:confused: Personally, I think the CTR looks 100x better than the stock Si, but thats my opinion. I don't see anyone with a Type R taking their kits off to reduce weight, and I sure as hell don't see anyone with a Type R saying they want their Type R to look like an Si:D

DC02Si
09-23-2002, 04:34 PM
I personally like them for looks. I don't race and don't care about the extra weight ( which isn't much anyway).