PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Repair Question..Where are our parts made?!

pappaljf
12-06-2003, 10:14 PM
Just a quick question,

I brought the civic in to the dealer 9 days ago. They diagnosed the car as having 3 broken motor mounts. This explained the awful noises I had been hearing while speeding up.

Anyway, I called the clown service advisor at the dealer, and he said that they were still waiting on the parts from OHIO and that motor mounts are sent straight from the factory.

He's full of it, right? As I understand it, these mounts are cranked out in Swindon, England. There also apparently back-ordered as all hell right now. The kind people at honda have me driving around in the car with the broken mounts. I can't even mess with people at street-lights. A Tacoma just kicked my ass at a light because the car made sooo many awful noises.

Anyway, parts for our car are made in england, right?

RedLight_Si
12-06-2003, 10:57 PM
I believe the engine and transmission are made in Japan. I would assume the motor mounts are part of the engine.

What kind of Tacoma?

Vertigo
12-07-2003, 04:59 AM
I think the drivetrain is made in Japan and the car ia assembled in England. I don't know if the other parts are made in Japan or England...Oh hell why am i even posting this!:confused:

BTW: All of the other model civics are assembled in Marysville Ohio, just NE of Columbus.

EP3RII
12-07-2003, 07:09 AM
Belgium is one of the major Honda parts location, they hold the UKDM and JDM parts. Thats why we (in the UK) can order some JDM parts from the Honda dealer.

siver-SI
12-07-2003, 09:40 AM
Well honda has 4 wearhouses. One in Cal, Ohio, Alabama (if I remember right), and a 4th one that I can not remember off the top of my head. All of them are just warehouses from what I remember from talking with my honda dealership. When I had to get some parts for my 88 prelude most came from CA since there are a lot left out there but I remember I had to get parts from all 4 warehouse so far. I have not heard that there were factorys with the wearhouse though.