PDA

View Full Version : USDM Type R Poll

dobiejoe
12-07-2003, 12:40 AM
Well I have been bored and doing some reading on Honda's different sites. It looks like there doing a lot of work on making a good Honda truck and not that much said about a Type R over here. I'm thinking with the WRX, STI, EVO, RX-8, and 350Z Honda would have to do something. The S2000 is just getting to old and can not compete with anything anymore. So the poll is, do you think we will see a Type R over here or not? I have a 03Si and love it but it would be gone in less then 2 seconds if they released a Type R. It can not be that hard for them The Type R and Si are both made at the same place in England and share about 80% of the same parts.

Let the toll begin

bobdobbs
12-07-2003, 01:32 AM
In before the lock!

bratkat64
12-07-2003, 02:01 AM
Woot! Move is what I chose!!!!!

You know.. this face is weird -->:rolleyes:

HgSi
12-07-2003, 02:10 AM
You don't have to move to England or Japan... You can move practically anywhere. I will tell you guys a nice story.

This summer my family and I decided it would be fun to fly to Europe and drive around. We decided to fly to Frankfurt, pick up a rental car, drive to my hometown (Cluj-Napoca) in Romania, and then drive back to Frankfurt, with sightseeing stops along the way.

So I figured I might see a Type-R or two in Germany or Austria (because I knew they sell them there), and decided to keep my eye out for one. Unfortunately, I didn't see any in Germany or Austria, but I did spot a Honda Jazz (aka Fit) and an Accord, as well as a couple of regular civics that look just like ours, and some 5 door civics, too.

Then one fine day we were driving to my aunt's house in Cluj, and lo and behold we got passed by a Type-R with Hungarian plates. A freaking 5 minute walk from where I spent the first 8 years of my life. Unfortunately, I had left my camera at my grandma's house. Of course I freaked out and started yelling "Type-R... Type-R, look at the Type-R!!" And my parents thought I was retarded, because hey, as far as they were concerned, there was a car just like it in our driveway at home.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that you can get a Type-R anywhere, not just Japan and England (well, except the US or Canada, of course)

Mr Sparkle
12-07-2003, 02:23 AM
Ok, let's see. The S2000 is getting too old, yet it just got refreshed with a different front end, some other little cosmetics interior/exterior, more torque, and another 200 cc. Suspension, yadda yadda.

It can't compete, but you think slower cars like any type R Honda has to offer, save for the NSX, will compete?
The S2000 is still in it's prime in my opinion.
Can't compete with anything? It beat out the 350Z in, shit forgot the magazine...but it did.

:rolleyes:

audomatik
12-07-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Mr Sparkle
Ok, let's see. The S2000 is getting too old, yet it just got refreshed with a different front end, some other little cosmetics interior/exterior, more torque, and another 200 cc. Suspension, yadda yadda.

It can't compete, but you think slower cars like any type R Honda has to offer, save for the NSX, will compete?
The S2000 is still in it's prime in my opinion.
Can't compete with anything? It beat out the 350Z in, shit forgot the magazine...but it did.

:rolleyes:

you beat me to it... i think it might've been motor trend or road and track, one of the mainstream car mags, not an import scene mag. but i remember, it was picked as the best sports roadster for around $35000 or something like that. put up better numbers then all the rest, including the 350Z roadster. i myself would trade in my Si for a S2000 if it was more of a reasonable car to have... considering there is about 8-10 inches of snow that was just shoveled out of my driveway, the S2000 isn't the best car to have in the winter... i love the new one also, the new front end is bad ass and the wheels looks way better, give it substance, rather then wheels that closely resembled the Prelude SH wheels... but yeah, we will never get the type r... why? we have the rsx type-s and the s2000 and i guess you could say the accord v6. thats enough sporty two seaters or so honda says. i say forget about wishing for a type r in the states, how about a new crx or del sol... or all-wheel drive civic wagon... takin it back to the old school... hahaha

dobiejoe
12-07-2003, 03:46 AM
I still think the S2000 is OLD. The damn engine in it has been around for many years and its engine is a hybrid of the prelude. Its still an h22 and a damn good motor but time to move on. I lived in Japan for 7 years before moving to Florida when in the military (still am in the military) and all the preludes there have the same motor as the S2000 with no changes. I never once saw a S2000 in Japan. They did tune down the H22 for the stateside prelude when it was here. All I'm saying its been a nice run for the S2000 but it needs to come to an end and get something else. For the amount you pay for that thing there are allot of better choices out there like the STi, Evo, 350Z, and the RX8, and there cheaper. As far as the S2000 goes it is nice to see it updated every couple years but come one really, what

Vertigo
12-07-2003, 04:21 AM
in before the lock......also!
I'm with you Mr. Dobbs!:D

CTR post#589-4968!!

Is the ctr coming to the states in 04?..NO!
Will it ever come state side?..I think not!

StrangeShadow
12-07-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
In before the lock!
woohoo I beat it too!

BarracksSi
12-07-2003, 07:38 AM
Don't forget that the CTR has about 80 to 90 more horsepower than any other Civic sold in the UK All the other models are pretty vanilla in performance, and the CTR is definitely their "sporty version".

The Si already occupies the same position in the US. I can't see Honda selling two sporty Civic hatchbacks here.

Oh well...

EricP3
12-07-2003, 08:53 AM
:D

anjapower
12-07-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by dobiejoe
I still think the S2000 is OLD. The damn engine in it has been around for many years and its engine is a hybrid of the prelude. Its still an h22 and a damn good motor but time to move on. I lived in Japan for 7 years before moving to Florida when in the military (still am in the military) and all the preludes there have the same motor as the S2000 with no changes. I never once saw a S2000 in Japan. They did tune down the H22 for the stateside prelude when it was here. All I'm saying its been a nice run for the S2000 but it needs to come to an end and get something else.

For my thoughts, the horse is dead

UMM, you do know that the S2k DOESN'T come with an H22? It had an F20c and now an F22 i believe. Totally different from the lude's H22.

redronin22
12-07-2003, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dobiejoe
[B]I still think the S2000 is OLD. The damn engine in it has been around for many years and its engine is a hybrid of the prelude. Its still an h22 and a damn good motor but time to move on. I lived in Japan for 7 years before moving to Florida when in the military (still am in the military) and all the preludes there have the same motor as the S2000 with no changes. I never once saw a S2000 in Japan. They did tune down the H22 for the stateside prelude when it was here. All I'm saying its been a nice run for the S2000 but it needs to come to an end and get something else. For the amount you pay for that thing there are allot of better choices out there like the STi, Evo, 350Z, and the RX8, and there cheaper. As far as the S2000 goes it is nice to see it updated every couple years but come one really, what

anjapower
12-07-2003, 09:26 AM
redronin...word. Not to mention there are rumors that the new S2k motor is underrated and is putting out close to 260+ HP at the crank. With that power and torque, not to mention how awesome it looks with the new wheels and styling revisions, I still believe it to be a worthy competitor.

redronin22
12-07-2003, 09:44 AM
Yea the only cars that can come close to beating it are Porsche Boxter S 50k+ SLK AMG 50k+ M3 Roadster 50k+ and Z4 40k+

id say the 32k honda S2000 sits in very good f'in company dont you? If it takes others over 10-20 k + a v6/i6/forced induction to beat a "old" lil Honda 4 cylinder then other Marquee's have a problem :D
Imagine if Honda made a I6 or V6 S2000.

Untill evo's n sti's come with 2 doors and a show up topless dont even bother. Most people that shop evo's want power and handling. I doubt they are looking at those cars for theier sweet sexy 18k econobox derived styling.

Just remember, Honda has NEVER been about raw power. Its about balance in handling, power, an economy. The Current SI is lacking behind its competition, but im sure next gen Honda will be back with something great and competitive. They always come back stronger after they slip up. THE s2000 IS able to compete with any car in its class btw. Read the Reviews.

NuG
12-07-2003, 11:15 AM
IBTL

BTW, I have a deposit down on a USDM RSX-R at Acura 101 West

TrippZ
12-07-2003, 12:18 PM
RSX-R is coming to the US?

HokieSi
12-07-2003, 12:19 PM
Why S2000 sucks donkey balls!!!
1. Men over 6 foot tall and fat people don't fit. Unfortunately half of the males in the US are one or the other or perhaps both. I'm 6'4" and I sure as hell don't fit. When I sit in the car my knees hit the steering wheel and the fu*kin seat doesn't go back far enough.
2. Convertibles suck ass!!!
3. SUV > s2000 (at least you are higher up off the ground in an ep)
4. Only has two seats.

TrippZ
12-07-2003, 12:40 PM
Why S2000 doesnt suck donkey balls!!!
1. Half the people in the US don't fit
2. It's a convertible
3. S2K<SUV... to the ground
4. Two Seats.. Road head... works forme.

1abSi
12-07-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by HgSi
.......I freaked out and started yelling "Type-R... Type-R, look at the Type-R!!" And my parents thought I was retarded.... that made me laugh so hard that snot came out of my nose....lmao

redronin22
12-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by HokieSi
Why S2000 sucks donkey balls!!!
1. Men over 6 foot tall and fat people don't fit. Unfortunately half of the males in the US are one or the other or perhaps both. I'm 6'4" and I sure as hell don't fit. When I sit in the car my knees hit the steering wheel and the fu*kin seat doesn't go back far enough.
2. Convertibles suck ass!!!
3. SUV > s2000 (at least you are higher up off the ground in an ep)
4. Only has two seats.

1: if it was bigger it would weigh more. those that arent 6'4" n dont fit get aftermarket seats
2: get the hard top n gut the convertible top. voila weight reduction.
3:LOW CENTER OF GRAVITY. nough said.
u are also more prone to hitting people due to piss poor braking ability and the dvd entertainment in your oversized gas guzzler. + door dings n small parking ownz joooo
4: yes only two hence sports car. go get a mini van room for 7 =-)

bobdobbs
12-07-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by redronin22
2: get the hard top n gut the convertible top. voila weight reduction.
Not disagreeing with you, just curious: How much weight do you really save doing this? Covertibles are heavy mostly because of the extra body stiffening, not really the top hardware.

redronin22
12-07-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Not disagreeing with you, just curious: How much weight do you really save doing this? Covertibles are heavy mostly because of the extra body stiffening, not really the top hardware.

i think u might be able to save a few lbs IF u get the carbon fiber Mugen H/T. If not it would at least break even. I was refereing to the weight reduction meaning if u added a fixed roof on a s2k then u added 40+lbs but if u gutted the mechanisms, the cloth top n bonnet im sure you will free some weight. Then again i could be talking out of my ass and some of it might be vital to the chassis. Take a look on s2k.com and we'll find out for sure

redronin22
12-07-2003, 03:19 PM
hey bob kinda noticed u joined a year after me yet have 2x post counts. :D

bobdobbs
12-07-2003, 03:29 PM
i think u might be able to save a few lbs IF u get the carbon fiber Mugen H/T. If not it would at least break even. I was refereing to the weight reduction meaning if u added a fixed roof on a s2k then u added 40+lbs but if u gutted the mechanisms, the cloth top n bonnet im sure you will free some weight. Then again i could be talking out of my ass and some of it might be vital to the chassis. Take a look on s2k.com and we'll find out for sure
I suppose you'd see the weight reducation at track events where you could remove the hardtop and run with no top at all. For everyday driving, though, I doubt you'd leave the house without any top.

I'd prefer an S2K hardtop coupe, with a lighter body, stiffened by the roof structure. They didn't ask me, though. ;)

bobdobbs
12-07-2003, 03:30 PM
hey bob kinda noticed u joined a year after me yet have 2x post counts. :D
Yeah, it comes from replying to any meaningless post I can. ;) :D

redronin22
12-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Gotcha, post whoring rocks. In one week i went from 600 post to 800 then it kinda died from there. but i guess ill pick it up a bit from now on. For awhile i had that "cold feet wanna get rid of my ep fever" but insurance wanted to rape me so i said no to a S2k 04. =-/

Its time to get some more mods for RR's lil EP monsta

audomatik
12-07-2003, 03:33 PM
dude i fit perfectly in an S2000... 6'2" 210 lbs... of course i don't have the ghetto lean when i drive like you might and i dont need my seat the wholeway back either... when you drive a sports car you want to be able to shift fast and be in control of the car not leaning and relaxing to look cool... buy a 4 door or suv if you want that... sheesh... you basically posted 4 opinions (crappy ones at that) not 4 reasons, i was thinking you were gonna post about it being slow or something or the suspension isn't aggressive enough for your likings... but you didnt...

redronin22
12-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Its funny he just describe himself a VW beetle.
1:he needs head room (beetle bubble top)
2:he needs a fixed roof (check)
3:he wants to sit tall (beetle is as tall as many mini vans)
4:and he wants 4 seats (check)

enjoy your Flower Vase and us car enthusiast will enjoy AND APPRECIATE REAL cars not SUV land Boats.

bobdobbs
12-07-2003, 05:08 PM
I never thought I'd say it, but you just layed out the case: The new S2K killer: The VW New Beetle! :D

2k2ep
12-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Dude I cant even fit well in any suv's. I'm 6'7 and 320bs and I tried to sit in a s2k when I was buing my car and could not even shut the door not to mention I could see over the windshield. Sports cars are not for big people thats why I bought my ep.

Zero Three Si
12-07-2003, 08:36 PM
EP3 would be gone in less than 2 seconds if the Type R comes to the US. I don't care if I go into debt.

NuG
12-07-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
RSX-R is coming to the US?

Yes, according to my Acura Dealership. Go ahead and give them a call and Alex Colon will attest to a Honda Rep telling him it was coming out, hence they are taking deposits! woo hoo

Acura 101 West
Calabasas, Ca 91302
818-222-5555

Zero Three Si
12-07-2003, 10:09 PM
Fill me in...what is the RSX-R?

STP03BlueSI
12-08-2003, 06:55 AM
Sign says it all

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/images/smilies/IBTL.gif

HokieSi
12-08-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by 2k2ep
Dude I cant even fit well in any suv's. I'm 6'7 and 320bs and I tried to sit in a s2k when I was buing my car and could not even shut the door not to mention I could see over the windshield. Sports cars are not for big people thats why I bought my ep.

Yea I agree. Japanese sports cars are made for Japanese and small Americans. Honda is getting better about making cars for people that aren't the size of midgets.

When I saw in the s2k the top of the windshield obstructed my vision. The seat didn't go back far enought so my knees hit the steering wheel, aftermarket seats won't help with that problem. Oh yea and that gay roll bar would provide no protection for me.

NuG
12-08-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Fill me in...what is the RSX-R?

RSX Type-R :smilem:

bobdobbs
12-08-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by NuG
RSX Type-R :smilem:
I think he means in terms of specs.

StrangeShadow
12-08-2003, 03:15 PM
you guys mean we're getting an itr?
yeah how about some spec difference...between the type-s....probably not more than 40hp difference...