PDA

View Full Version : custom stereo trunk

dobiejoe
12-07-2003, 10:53 AM
Hello to everybody....

Here is the setup I have in my trunk. I'm thinking about redoing the whole thing and remove the rear seat. I want to make it 200% more. Right now is at the WOW that cool stage. I want WOOWW HOLY SH*T stage. So once I have this one ripped out of the car I can easly reproduce it for whoever whats one. I think since its mostly laber intensive fiberclass that I will try to make as many as I can for about $500 even. What do you all think. Do you think they will sell on EBAY with the option of any color. I can make a mold of the sub enclosure then I can make them quicky and kind of cheap but will still be lots of labor and sanding stuff like that.

Just looking to you all for some input of whether its a good idea or wast of time.

Joe

dobiejoe
12-07-2003, 11:01 AM
first post picture did not come out, dont know why. So here is a new pic

oogy-boogy
12-07-2003, 02:25 PM
Nice install......weren't you selling it on e-bay a few weeks ago?

dobiejoe
12-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
Nice install......weren't you selling it on e-bay a few weeks ago?

Yes it was for sale. But there was no way I was going to get any amount even near what I paid for the labor alone. So I thought since it is a perfect fit for Si's (EP) that it would be a good idea to try to reproduce it and sell it for about 4-500 each maybe even less. I looked at some regular boxes for the trunk and a good one would be a couple of hundred and no amp racks. So that

ep3hatchattack
12-08-2003, 01:57 AM
If i get some money for christmas i may be down.. it looks great and i am a real pickey guy when it comes to car audio, i think it would sell good but only to a smaller crowd.. maybe make 8-10 and see how well they sell, i say sell one to me for $300 and the rest for about $430... just my 2 cents......

VividFL EP
12-11-2003, 11:44 AM
Do you still have those kick panels that you were looking to get rid of? And the link to those sub boxes that fit in the side of the hatch that you were talking about at the meet last weekend?

dobiejoe
12-11-2003, 03:45 PM
VividFL EP
Yes I have the kick panels still. If you want them tell me the next time you are in town and i will say merry xmas and there yours.

I'm thinking of re-doing the car with one more set of Mb Quart Q series up front one set more in the rear, two 13JL subs and doing away with the whole back seat. Thats all adding to what I won with and still keeping the two 10's

As far as that link goes I emailed somebody from the show we were with with the link but I guess that was not you. Here it is. Keep in mind shipping for something this big from england is going to be a bitch.

http://www.autoacoustics.com/home.htm

skooba
12-11-2003, 03:50 PM
how much are you looking for the kick panels, ill be in florida in two weeks, for a week, i'd be interested if you dont give em to vividfl, not trying to take them from him, so only if he doesnt lay claim to them.

thanks
steve

VividFL EP
12-12-2003, 06:20 AM
I will be up that way on the first, I am flying out of TPA international, but it is early, I think my flight leaves at 8:30 or something, and I come back on the 7th, but late. I think I get in at like 11. I am definately interested in them though. Maybe I could take a drive up there next weekend, I will let you know.