PDA

View Full Version : Cybernation review(that I found)

ep_nezay
12-07-2003, 11:31 AM
I found this on H-T. Just thought you guys would want to see it.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=698078

NYSI
12-07-2003, 11:38 AM
that manifold look like s#$%t thanks for the link Bro. i have been looking for a turbo but i guees better go with greddy

trk
12-07-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by ep_nezay
I found this on H-T. Just thought you guys would want to see it.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=698078

very very interesting ---

Im pushed more towards a jrsc again...

TheMutt
12-07-2003, 11:49 AM
Holy shi... cow![\Bruce Almighty, movie rocked my socks off!] I'd like to see Cybernations comment (or the people with their kits on here) on some of the things said there. I was all praise for their kits because of the high numbers, but wow makes me think twice. Maybe we should start looking elsewhere?

Edit: I dont mean to say CN are bad people. From what I hear their customer service is awesome and to have done what they have with the K-series is a boost for us! But wow, I'd never heard this stuff b4.

02SilverSiHB
12-07-2003, 04:08 PM
I know a three people that have cybernation turbo and haven't had any problems. Ephatchgirl, esmith, and US_Si.

I remember esmith and ephatchgirl taking pics of the kit...I never remember seeing the manifolds like that.

Ever think that maybe cybernation is better now and is trying to make a name for itself by correcting past problems...basically, have any of you actuall seen someone blow a motor that cybernation did and if so...what's the full story.

For instance, I blew the fuck out of my motor with a JRSC. Now is that JRSC fault? Is it the person that installed it? Was it tuned correctly? There's so many damn factors. Try getting the full story before jumping on a thread that post a pic of...what's supposed to be a cybernation manifold, etc.

As for my past JRSC...I had it on a 1997 Civic EX. It was used. I had it installed for 250. It was not tuned, and was set to run at 10lbs of boost! hhhmm, maybe my fault? uhhh, yeah, sometimes people do stupid shit, like myself, I was fucking stupid, but I learned from my lesson, but I sure the hell didn't go and start posting about my problems saying it was the manufactures fault. Although the installer...and for 250 installed, you get what you pay for...did hack up my cai and left the metal shavings sitting right next to the TB. He started the car up to show me the sc worked...I fucking went nuts telling him he just sucked in some metal shavings..he said don't worry about it :rolleyes: yeah, fuck him and fuck me for being stupid. Thing are as good as the person that did the install and the tuning.

TheMutt
12-07-2003, 06:04 PM
Yeah, even if the thing did look like that all you really have to do is sand it down I guess. It doesn't really matter IMO cybernation is still a good bang for your buck. Maybe I can search and find some good pics.

K-Series
12-08-2003, 05:59 AM
6 months + on my kit. Manifold is fine and the car runs well.

Steve

Most-Wanted
12-08-2003, 09:45 PM
Go to SFP(South Florida Performance). You can not beat their kit. I will do a whole post tomorrow if anybody is interested. I have been driving boosted Honda's forever and nobody can compete with this kit.
Everything is perfect. I am more than happy to give test rides or info. Cybernation has been slipping on their quality control. Ask me how I know.............

K-Series
12-08-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Most-Wanted
Go to SFP(South Florida Performance). You can not beat their kit. I will do a whole post tomorrow if anybody is interested. I have been driving boosted Honda's forever and nobody can compete with this kit.
Everything is perfect. I am more than happy to give test rides or info. Cybernation has been slipping on their quality control. Ask me how I know.............

:confusem:

Here comes the "Haterade"....

Steve

Vertigo
12-09-2003, 02:24 AM

^insert shameless plug here^

That pic was horrible. Some people are so bias. But hey, everyone is entitled to there opinion. I've learned if you can't say anything nice keep your damn mouth shut.

Most-Wanted
12-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Haterade, huh.. Actually, not at all. I like Lee as a person. I just know their quality is slipping. I am just trying to inform everyone on who I think is building the best Turbo kit right now, today. What experience have you had with them Mr. Vertigo. Ok well, give me the details and I'll give you mine privately. I'm not trying to bash anyone. If I owned a store and people thought there were problems with it, I would want to know about it. I don't care what you guys think. Some people here are asking questions and I'll answer them honestly. If you don't like it, don't read my post. And actually Mr. Vertigo, you can kiss my a**. I sent two of my best friends to Cybernation and neither of them have anything to show for it. The facts will hurt, so don't make continue any further. SFP in my opinion has the best kit avalable today.

BlackNRedSi
12-09-2003, 11:58 AM
OMG! it looks like they gave a welder to a 5 year old and said 'here ya go buddy go have fun!

http://members.cox.net/integrajdm/header.jpg

esmith13
12-09-2003, 12:25 PM
That is VERY similar to what the current incarnation of the manifold looks like. Looks CAN be decieving, however. When I took my kit to my installer and showed it to him, I said I though that looked like it came out of a junkyard and he told me it needed to be cleaned up, but was a VERY STURDY work of art. Mind you, this shop has been building custom turbos and installing kits for years. He showed me some of the other manifolds that were for the other cars there at the time. He explained to me what was good and bad about each one. He was EXTREMELY pleased with the quality of the cybernation one. Apparently, the rough welds and rusty appearance just means they made NO attempt to clean it up themselves, but I was told that's pretty normal that the installer be responsible for that part. Guess in the end I'll find out in 10 more months what supposedly happens after a year or so of use. ;)

Here's a pic of my manifold...

http://65.168.247.56/ephatch/WebPages/Turbo/images/image43.jpg

BTW - You do all realize that the manifold looks like that because it's made of iron which oxidizes, right? You do all realize that iron is a stronger metal than any other metal you can think of that "looks pretty" and is used in the manufacture of car parts... You act like the header is a show-part...

Eric

RockEP_SS**
12-09-2003, 01:27 PM
Damn, what's up with these ugly ass manifolds?!? But hey if it works, then cool. These are the first bad comments I heard about em though, and everyone here who has their kit love it anyway so...

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

BlackNRedSi
12-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by RockEP_SS**
Damn, what's up with these ugly ass manifolds?!? But hey if it works, then cool. These are the first bad comments I heard about em though, and everyone here who has their kit love it anyway so...

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

look @ the post above yours rocky

eric

Vertigo
12-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Haterade, huh.. Actually, not at all. I like Lee as a person. I just know their quality is slipping. I am just trying to inform everyone on who I think is building the best Turbo kit right now, today. What experience have you had with them Mr. Vertigo. Ok well, give me the details and I'll give you mine privately. I'm not trying to bash anyone. If I owned a store and people thought there were problems with it, I would want to know about it. I don't care what you guys think. Some people here are asking questions and I'll answer them honestly. If you don't like it, don't read my post. And actually Mr. Vertigo, you can kiss my a**. I sent two of my best friends to Cybernation and neither of them have anything to show for it. The facts will hurt, so don't make continue any further. SFP in my opinion has the best kit avalable today.

Hold on just a second. I'm not defending cybernation nor am i endorsing them. I have never delt with them on a personal basis. I was just saying people are bashing the pics of this paticular manifold and you come along and endorse the SFP kit. I'm sure they are both good kits, but i'll never have one in the foreseeable future. My roommate bought a exhaust for his old nsx form cybernation, but would never let them work on his car. There are a few horror storys on nsxprime. There are a few guys on here that have there kit and make good power with it and have no problems. I don't think i would put there kit on my car, but thats just my opinion. Also why are you so upset and telling me to kiss your ass? There is no reason to argue over who has the best kit and who's kit sucks. Each kit has something different to offer. That's why we as Americans have the freedom to chose the parts that we want. So smile because Jesus loves you!:D

EPHatchgirl
12-17-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Vertigo
That's why we as Americans have the freedom to chose the parts that we want. So smile because Jesus loves you!:D

NICE....:)

I was also told by several mechanics that the manifold, thought it won't win a beauty pagent, is VERY well built and designed. Everyone has their own experiences, but mine have been great with the CN kit. Since these are still being made by hand, they can't look like they came out of a machine, or were just poured into a mold. I can't say I remember my welds looking like THAT, but oh well, what do I know??? BOOST has blown my brain.:D :D

Az02Si
12-18-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
I know a three people that have cybernation turbo and haven't had any problems. Ephatchgirl, esmith, and US_Si.

I remember esmith and ephatchgirl taking pics of the kit...I never remember seeing the manifolds like that.

Ever think that maybe cybernation is better now and is trying to make a name for itself by correcting past problems...basically, have any of you actuall seen someone blow a motor that cybernation did and if so...what's the full story.

For instance, I blew the fuck out of my motor with a JRSC. Now is that JRSC fault? Is it the person that installed it? Was it tuned correctly? There's so many damn factors. Try getting the full story before jumping on a thread that post a pic of...what's supposed to be a cybernation manifold, etc.

As for my past JRSC...I had it on a 1997 Civic EX. It was used. I had it installed for 250. It was not tuned, and was set to run at 10lbs of boost! hhhmm, maybe my fault? uhhh, yeah, sometimes people do stupid shit, like myself, I was fucking stupid, but I learned from my lesson, but I sure the hell didn't go and start posting about my problems saying it was the manufactures fault. Although the installer...and for 250 installed, you get what you pay for...did hack up my cai and left the metal shavings sitting right next to the TB. He started the car up to show me the sc worked...I fucking went nuts telling him he just sucked in some metal shavings..he said don't worry about it :rolleyes: yeah, fuck him and fuck me for being stupid. Thing are as good as the person that did the install and the tuning. Well said,i have a lot of respect for you because you say it like it is......My JRSC was great on my 00 Si,and if it popped it woulda been MY FAULT,NO ONE ELSES...

02SilverSiHB
12-18-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Az02Si
Well said,i have a lot of respect for you because you say it like it is......My JRSC was great on my 00 Si,and if it popped it woulda been MY FAULT,NO ONE ELSES...
:D speaking of jrsc...I'm seriously thinking about it for my si...it's so much easier to install and tune than the previous ones for the other civics...imo...you don't even have to switch out the crank pulley :D to me that was one of the pain in the asses getting off...also hondata will have some flash for our ecu soon with the jrsc.
So have you thought about the jrsc, or are you going to take it slow with the new si :)

surfsi
12-28-2003, 07:33 AM
If you people can't see that this is a real turbo header NOT a turbo manifold that's cast than you people are blind! The only thing that pic is showing me is that the welds are solid seeing how it's howing the underside- hmmmm oh-ya,well?
I don't need to justify CN's work but they did give me a litle history on the manifold/header and went on to say that in their research they had a different company making the manifold in the beginning of the k20 research and had problems that they say they honered and replaced with what you see here, which I find to be a quality piece and a better flowing unit than your traditional cast street unit!!!!!
I think we all need to think before we speak, I know I do- and I think CN has thought out their parts list and I'll be using them for my stage3 goodies!

TezGari
12-28-2003, 07:47 AM
IMO

Cybernation Motorsports are featured in more magazines than any other turbo company that makes turbo for the EP/RSX..Cybernations did an amazing thing by turboing the EP/DC5 taking it to nice power gains..

Why bash? Some of you dont even have turbo, hell, i wish i had a turbo kit...:(

Boost is like getting ________, it doesnt matter who its from as long as its good!

(j/k)

surfsi
12-28-2003, 07:57 AM
Just my thoughts,
CN does a little thing called research and development, in other words trial and error and are constantly looking to better the performance of the k20 for our pleasure.
It seems this car just wants more and more and CN wants the same, hence being the only ones providing us with a real stage2 and 3 kits.
If CN has staff problems then that's something they have to correct but the goal still remains the same and that's to give you a superior product, and that in my eyes was accomplished.

TezGari
12-28-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by surfsi
Just my thoughts,
CN does a little thing called research and development, in other words trial and error and are constantly looking to better the performance of the k20 for our pleasure.
It seems this car just wants more and more and CN wants the same, hence being the only ones providing us with a real stage2 and 3 kits.
If CN has staff problems then that's something they have to correct but the goal still remains the same and that's to give you a superior product, and that in my eyes was accomplished.

Good words.. :)

I dont think CN cares what some people on a forum thinks about their company, they have people who give them props in the UK and all over the USA because of what they have done....They do it, while people talk about doing it...

All in all, if you have a turbo kit, be happy, some people dont have an intake.....(me...:'( )

Az02Si
12-28-2003, 09:04 PM
:D speaking of jrsc...I'm seriously thinking about it for my si...it's so much easier to install and tune than the previous ones for the other civics...imo...you don't even have to switch out the crank pulley :D to me that was one of the pain in the asses getting off...also hondata will have some flash for our ecu soon with the jrsc.
So have you thought about the jrsc, or are you going to take it slow with the new si :) Well,buying an EG for track events,and then the EP will get some lovin.....HOPEFULLY a JRSC is in my future,but well see...I still have to buy an EG and a b16,lol.But sideskirts and a header are coming VERY soon to the ol EP ;)

TezGari
12-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Az02Si
Well,buying an EG for track events,and then the EP will get some lovin.....HOPEFULLY a JRSC is in my future,but well see...I still have to buy an EG and a b16,lol.But sideskirts and a header are coming VERY soon to the ol EP ;)

Eg and a b16...Nice! :D

SFPracing
12-30-2003, 05:59 PM
Hi there, Scott from SFP here. I just wanted to add a few cents. People might not know this but SFP sleeved an RSX-S two years ago when people said it couldn't be done. We developed a turbo kit on that car and made 350wHP back before anyone even had a turbokit for it. I guess our prior lack of voice over the internet hasn't allowed people to learn about our business and what we can offer people. I've been with SFP since august and previously had my own small shop. As a consumer, not just an employee, I can say that SFP's quality of work is second to none. As an example on the EP kit, every piece is engineered to be a bolt on unit with no modifications necessary. Basically, with the exception of the oil return fitting on the pan, you could give this kit to someone with the most basic mechanical knowledge and or skill and they can bolt it on and it'll look and function just like Most-Wanted's setup. I'd like to remind people also that dyno numbers can be very deceiving. An individual can set up there dyno to misrepresent what is true real world HP #'s. If you'd like to know how, I can go into the details as to how they may do it. One must back up HP #'s with 1/4mile mph to weight ratio statistics to truly gauge a vehicle. For example our kit making 250wHP with a novice driver went 14.0 and bested it's mph at 110mph (best e.t. and mph respectively). 110mph is really really fast. That's a 12 second run on slicks with a good driver. That's a 6lb. bolt on kit that fits beautiful, looks beautiful, and functions beautiful. If you're looking for the cheapest possible kit you can find, SFP might not be for you. If you're looking for maximum performance, maximum style, and best quality kit on the market then we can fufill your every need. I invite anyone to stop by SFP and compare our kit piece by piece and item by item to any of our competitors kits on the market and see for yourself.

P.S. I'm not trying to spam what so ever. I've just been reading along and some of the uninformed opinions on here are very inaccurate and I wanted to set the record straight and I'd very much like to help out the K20 community in any way myself and SFP can. We have some very big things coming up for the K20A community that are very exciting. I'm sure you're all gonna love what's to come.

02SilverSiHB
12-30-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by SFPracing I'd like to remind people also that dyno numbers can be very deceiving. An individual can set up there dyno to misrepresent what is true real world HP #'s. If you'd like to know how, I can go into the details as to how they may do it. [/B]
I would like to know so I can watch out for something like that...I have no idea how they can do that.

K-Series
12-30-2003, 06:59 PM
Jesus SFP, go ahead and just say CN alters their dyno. I've heard that SOOO many times.

I just want to know how many EP's and RSX's are running your kit. I'm not saying your kit is shit or the best, I just want to know how many cars are sucessfully running other than REVWheels old one.

Steve

esmith13
12-30-2003, 08:15 PM
Well, weather SFP is claiming CN alters their dyno's or not, Me, EPHatchGirl, and surfsi all live in the same general area and have the stage I kit from CN. Surfsi's car was dyno'd by CN themselves (as well as tuned by them) and EPHatchGirl Did her own tuning on a local dyno and got even HIGHER WHP than the one done at CN on the same car ('02 EP3) with the same kit - Oh, and she installed her turbo HERSELF - no mods at all, straight bolt-on with the exception of the oil pan tap just like SFP's kit. I'll be tuning and dynoing mine on the 17th of Jan. and I'm hoping to see numbers comparable to EPHatchGirl's.

Anyways, I really am glad their's more than one kit to choose from, like SFP, CN, RH, and GReddy - BUT - It's total crap that you guys are coming here and pluging your kit as a true bolt on kit for dummies and about the dyno fudging when I have personally seen the CN kit be installed by an entry level modder and have personally seen the dyno of that persons car at an independant local shop and it's higher than a car straight out of CN's own shop.

EVERY car is different. Surfsi has made a habit of preaching that. It's true. His car makes more Torque than any other stage I CN Kit for the EP documented but less WHP. EPHatchGirl makes more WHP than surfsi but less Torque.... Every car is slightly different. If that wasn't true, than every car in the same altitude and region could have a fuel setup typed into the computer instead of needing a dyno tune to get it just right.

Their are a few threads specifically set up to show available kits, prices, and advantages/disadvantages when compared to others... Take your pitch there...

Just my .02

Eric

SFPracing
12-30-2003, 08:40 PM
I said absolutely nothing about CN altering dyno numbers and please don't put words in my mouth. My point was, when you have different dynos "possibly" set up different ways, you'll get "possibly" different numbers. And remember it's only a number. When you dyno a car you look for a flat fuel curve, and yes what HP it makes is a great tuning tool. But lets face it. We wanna go fast on the street or track not make a dyno queen number. That has nothing to do with racing. The true test is what the car does at the track. The dyno gets the car running safe and proper. The track is where the winners and second bests are determined. I'd be interested in seeing what type of times you guys are running and especially at what mph you've run at. Lemme see those impressive dyno numbers shine at the 1320ft mark.

Please understand that I'm just trying to get people to think deeper into what is trying to be achieved.

If any of you turbo'ed EP's would like to stop by SFP at any time, we'd be happy to give you two free pulls on our freshly dynojet factory spec calibrated dyno. Please call ahead and ask for Scott.

Most-Wanted
12-30-2003, 08:41 PM
Let's just do a shoot-out! Let's put them on the Dyno and Track and see who's making the most horsepower and drives the fastest EP3 for all to see. Then the public will have all the info, pics, and videos to make an edjucated purchase based on up to date info. It is stupid to keep arguing on the internet when both organization's are located in South Florida and can easily set up a mini contest. That should end all the HOOPLA................OK maybe it won't. But, at least we could all hang out and have fun.

surfsi
12-30-2003, 09:06 PM
We all know that the both are turning impressive #s but this bash fest is out of hand!
I say if you're going to have ay kind of turbo shoot out then you should get the best driver from each company and let them drive both cars each and then we'll see if this 110mph trap speed is a pile of B.S. or not?
Another thing is that it's nice to know that someone else is sleeving a block, but you still have alot to learn about marketing, and flat out people skills, trash talking never sold a thing!
I commend you on your research, but Lee's politeness and confidence in his methods of furthering the k20 research will be the reason I use CN for my stage3 goodies.
Happy new year and good luck on everyones means of making more HP.

SFPracing
12-30-2003, 10:00 PM
I really don't know where you are getting off saying that I'm bashing anyone at all? There is no bash fest as far as I'm concerned. I made a general statement about inconsistancies between dyno setups.

If you wanna split hairs, who's to say that the person who had some other tuner tune their car did a better job than cybernation. Maybe cybernation does a better job and the other tuners dyno is "happy". Maybe people think our dyno is conservative. Maybe Rev Hard is the best for making the most power. Maybe this, and maybe that. You can take this any way you want to. You are just choosing to take it the way it was not intended and that I'm bashing someone, when in fact I am not at all. Possibly taking it objectively, instead of defensively you'd see that I'm trying to raise people's awareness of "possible" inconsistancies. You cannot compare company A, B, C, and D, solely on a dyno number at 4 or 5 different facilities. That's my whole point. You have to look deeper and investigate further. My point is a simple one. Lets see timeslips to back up dyno claims. Let's see cybernations owners times and mphs. Lets see the same from rev hard owners, and greddy owners. If you wanna take that as calling people out then take it that way. Let the "real world" numbers speak for themselves to support the dyno numbers. If you run hard at the track great, if you don't then you don't. The cars will run what they run and we'll all have learned a little bit more about what kit is what. If you have the dyno numbers, you will have the mph. How well you drive elapsed time wise is less critical. the HP and weight of the car relate to the HP. The e.t. relates to the driver. You can run 14.5@100 and 13.8@100.. the mph doesn't change much cause the power is there no matter what. I hope you understand what I'm getting at.

TheMutt
12-31-2003, 02:40 PM
What happened to the SFP thread that was here this morning? I hope mods aren't getting all power-happy because I thought it wasd pretty informative on the kit.

myeverlovinsir
12-31-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by TheMutt
What happened to the SFP thread that was here this morning? I hope mods aren't getting all power-happy because I thought it wasd pretty informative on the kit.

Yeah, I started that thread and it vanished, poof! I don't think they were out of line and they are more than reputable. Hello?:confused:

02SilverSiHB
12-31-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
Yeah, I started that thread and it vanished, poof! I don't think they were out of line and they are more than reputable. Hello?:confused:
that was like days ago right? I had unlocked like 5 days ago and since it has been going...Edit: I just checked it's in the recycling bin :mad: :confused: I didn't put it there, but I'll find out who...

TheMutt
12-31-2003, 02:59 PM
Bring it back plz, I liked that thread and i was one of the last to post in it. I wanted to hear about it :P

02SilverSiHB
12-31-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by TheMutt
Bring it back plz, I liked that thread and i was one of the last to post in it. I wanted to hear about it :P
I would if I could. I don't have those types of admin/mod controls :( once it's there, I can't do shizat...I'm trying to find out who did it and hopefully get it back on.

SFPracing
12-31-2003, 03:05 PM
I hope I didn't do anything wrong here. I am a newb here but didn't think I was out of line. No harrasement, no foul language, no fighting, etc... I was hoping it wasn't deleted or moved to a trash bin myself.

02SilverSiHB
12-31-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by SFPracing
I hope I didn't do anything wrong here. I am a newb here but didn't think I was out of line. No harrasement, no foul language, no fighting, etc... I was hoping it wasn't deleted or moved to a trash bin myself.
I don't think so, if anything, it would probably be the CN owners that don't care for you too much :D

I have to admit, when you mentioned someone can mess with dynos, I instantly thought of when this other guy was on here and telling steve (US_SI) that they do that...saying he isn't get that much power as it shows.

I think both kits are nice, from what I've seen, but I do have to admit, I've seen more with the CN than yours. I like the look of yours though, looks like a clean install. One other question for me...does your kit keep the stock cat, or is it like CN where you have a down pipe that eliminates the cat?

Most-Wanted
12-31-2003, 03:14 PM
Steve do you know where the thread went???????????????????????????

02SilverSiHB
12-31-2003, 03:16 PM
? who steve as in US_Si? he doesn't mod here, so I doubt he would know.

K-Series
12-31-2003, 05:14 PM

When you ban the site owner from his own site, you normally don't get mod/admin powers anymore. But thanks for acusing me of such....lame ass.

Steve

Most-Wanted
12-31-2003, 05:57 PM
Such fowl language. You got a bad attitude Mister! LOL

K-Series
01-01-2004, 08:30 AM
Whatever man....

I don't participate in these lame ass south FL "shop wars" that seem to be going on ALL of the time.

You get these fake fucks in your face and than backstabbing bullshit when you walk away. It's quite mature and loads of fun to deal with...:rolleyes: Hence my lack of involvment outside of the boards. I do things for me only and that's the only person that I have to please.

How about SFP calling Lee at CN and setting up a legimate challenge/excercise? Or would that be breaking the rule of engagement in the war?

Steve

1FSTEP3
01-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Every EP owner that is planning on boosting their cars really need to do their research. Most of the kits are fairly new, so not a lot of research has been put into them. I have never been a CN fan and seeing the manifold just solidifies my opinion. I would never put that thing on my car. Their cars may be pushing out the best numbers right now, but would you really pay that much run at best 13's?

02SilverSiHB
01-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by 1FSTEP3
Every EP owner that is planning on boosting their cars really need to do their research. Most of the kits are fairly new, so not a lot of research has been put into them. I have never been a CN fan and seeing the manifold just solidifies my opinion. I would never put that thing on my car. Their cars may be pushing out the best numbers right now, but would you really pay that much run at best 13's?
I wouldn't, but I have no idea what all your dc5r goodies are ;) I'm pmd you to ask if you would explain to me how you have your setup...I know you are a great driver, so I don't expect those times you get, but I would love to stay NA and just be in the mid to high 13's...can you please pm on your setup?

K-Series
01-01-2004, 12:25 PM

No, I'd pay that much to take baby steps towards 12's and 11's.

Steve

esmith13
01-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by US_Si
Steve

EXACTLY!! ;)

Eric

1FSTEP3
01-01-2004, 03:02 PM

I would rather let everyone else test it out before and than buy a proven kit that'll runs better. If you've got a boosted car these days you can't even make it to the quick 8 street class unless you run a 10. In time our cars will make their mark, but not now. At least not turbo charged.

I just like being the all motor car that whips up on the turbos. ;)

SFPracing
01-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Have you seen our kick a$$ turbo manifold? It's like a work of art. The polished thermal finish is optional. With higher flow than cast manifolds and a full 3 year warranty it's a win win situation.

http://www.vtecturbo2000.com/pics/spfmanifolds/ep3/DSC05571.JPG

SFP EP2 turbo manifold (www.vtecturbo2000.com/pics/spfmanifolds/ep3/)

02SilverSiHB
01-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Have you seen our kick a$$ turbo manifold? It's like a work of art. The polished thermal finish is optional. With higher flow than cast manifolds and a full 3 year warranty it's a win win situation.

http://www.vtecturbo2000.com/pics/spfmanifolds/ep3/DSC05571.JPG

SFP EP2 turbo manifold (www.vtecturbo2000.com/pics/spfmanifolds/ep3/)
that does look good!

Most-Wanted
01-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Now that is what I call a work of ART! Truly beautiful Scott!

esmith13
01-02-2004, 06:14 AM
Have you seen our kick a$$ turbo manifold?...

I thought you wern't trying to spam on this thread? A debate is one thing - but now your trying to market here... This is getting rediculous...

Oh, BTW - You manifold really does look great - but who will ever see it on the car?? All's that matters is flow and strength - not looks. MAYBE you get brownie points for having one that dosen't need sanding down first too (for the self installer) but any shop that does a turbo install will sand down a cast iron manifold for ya as part of the base fee.

Basically put - untill we here of CN or SFP cars blowing their manifolds or you guys get some kind of durability/flow tests done on THAT PART ALONE - all you did is show you like to "bling" your parts out - non visible ones at that. Jesus, if your gonna try and push your shit as better - why don't you boast about the turbine you use, or how your intercooler is bigger or what ever else you may or may not be able to say. I don't understand how these fights always come down to the manifolds with no proof of the argument... "Here - mine's prettier!!". So what. That's like selling me an anodized purple piston... WTF?

Eric

K-Series
01-02-2004, 06:43 AM
If you've got a boosted car these days you can't even make it to the quick 8 street class unless you run a 10.

That's great, but how many home builders build a ten second car within a year of buying a BRAND NEW car with a new engine? Go ahead, count them on 1 hand. My guess, no one does.

I'm not made of money. I have a full time job, 2 kids, a stay at home wife, and new house that I'm moving into in 2 weeks.

I don't live at home, get tons of free shit from sponsors, or run stolen parts. I have to build my car the old fashion way, I have to work and pay for it. (This is not a stab at anyone.)

My car will be in the 12's and it will be in the 11's and hopefully one day, I'll have the opportunity to run 10's or better yet 9's. But I don't plan for that, I work on today and part of the next day. It's a more realistic approach.

I just like being the all motor car that whips up on the turbos. ;)

Like that for now, it won't last long. :)

Steve

SFPracing
01-02-2004, 07:55 AM
First of all Esmith...Eric, I don't know who you think you are, but someone said they didn't like some manifold so I offered up a pic of ours. I don't know what your beef is but why don't you just keep it to yourself of PM me. People have been asking for pics of the components via PM so I figured I'd post it for all to see instead of sending it in numerous PM's. Secondly, we flow tested out manifold compared to another MFG's cast manifold and got higher flow numbers. Third, the thermal coating is not only for looks but more importantly to keep heat inside the manifold and to prevent rust/wear. Hotter exhaust gas flows faster so keeping heat in the manifold and not in your engine bay is beneficial on two fronts. Our manifolds are made of 1010 heat treated mild steel which is much stronger than stainless steel but some people are scared of aging which this coating would prevent. If you don't opt for thermal coating the manifold comes pre glass beaded and black header paint finished so there is no sanding necessary.

BTW: If I were marketing I would have tried to include a price, wastegate and turbo flange options, availability, etc... Also if I didn't have SFPracing by my name and something else, which I could have done, and posted a simple pic no one would care, but since I'm from a shop I'm automatically the spammer. Just remember that if anyone on this site needs help or tech. support I'm there for them. I'm here to let people know what SFP is about and to inform people about our turbo kit since many questions have been asked. Other forums don't seem to have a problem with this, I dont know why you should be up in arms about it.

K-Series
01-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Mainly because you're not paying to advertise like everyone else. (Not that I care, I can just see where Eric is coming from.)

Steve

SFPracing
01-02-2004, 08:56 AM
We "advertise" on numerous forums and I don't feel this constitues advertising. I haven't offered any pricing, specials, group buys, etc... Like I said, if I wasn't an employee of SFP or chose to post anonymously no one would have a problem with it. Quite the double standard IMO.

1FSTEP3
01-02-2004, 09:01 AM
That's great, but how many home builders build a ten second car within a year of buying a BRAND NEW car with a new engine? Go ahead, count them on 1 hand. My guess, no one does.

That's why I said earlier that it isn't the time for boosted EP's right now... However, there need to be people to test out parts in the early stages of development, like yourself, so I'm commending you on that. I just wouldn't spend that much money to go turbo and not that fast. I would rather wait until something proven comes out that runs better than the CN kit. I don't see the point in having a kit put on my car for that amount of money at this time when you can spend the same amount of money for an all motor car that goes faster. To each his own, that's just my opinion.

Addressing the manifold now, it does look better than the CN one. I've never seen anything as bad as that one, but it needs to be tested first. It may look good, but does it push out the numbers? You ought to test it out vs. the CN one.

esmith13
01-02-2004, 10:35 AM
... Other forums don't seem to have a problem with this, I dont know why you should be up in arms about it.

Simply put... READ THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD.

That's all I'm sayin.

Start your own thread, and even put a link to it here if you want. You are no different than anyone else, and this argument is not biased to you - RULES OF THE SITE. I am supprised a mod has not come in here and told you to make your own thread already.

It is irrelivant what "other" sites allow. If your not spamming, them you plan to respect the rules of this site, right??

Last time I checked, rules here were jacking a thread away from it's topic was not allowed. The topic of this thread is about CN's bad review. The quality of your turbo manifold has no place here.

Oh, and if you cared to fully inform the people who PM'd you you'd be doing a them a favor to put it in it's own thread so they could discuss it with you there further and get more questions answered. Now we have to deal with them either NOT getting their questions answered further, or letting them jack this thread more to ask you in here.

Look, I am not one to partake in the "which kit to buy" fight. Hell, I have recommended the Greddy kit to LOTS of people who asked me for my honest opinion even though I have a CN kit. Everyone has to make their own choices - BUT NOT IN THIS THREAD.

Eric

TheMutt
01-02-2004, 10:37 AM
All this CN vs SFP is getting kinda pointless. SFP, next time just leave the pics of your products in the thread so nicely titled "SFP pics". For caring so much about the k20a3 community, you just called our car the EP2 below that pic.

Same for the all motor vs. FI. It's dead. What your poking at with your little sticks is a rotten, decayed piece of animal on the side of the road. Actually no, I take that back, there are no sticks, one of you is soaking the poor remnants of this innocent creature in lighter fluid as the other lights a match...

okay I'm done making bad analogies. Arguing isn't going anywhere.

02SilverSiHB
01-02-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by esmith13

Start your own thread, and even put a link to it here if you want. You are no different than anyone else, and this argument is not biased to you - RULES OF THE SITE. I am supprised a mod has not come in here and told you to make your own thread already.

It is irrelivant what "other" sites allow. If your not spamming, them you plan to respect the rules of this site, right??

Last time I checked, rules here were jacking a thread away from it's topic was not allowed. The topic of this thread is about CN's bad review. The quality of your turbo manifold has no place here.

Oh, and if you cared to fully inform the people who PM'd you you'd be doing a them a favor to put it in it's own thread so they could discuss it with you there further and get more questions answered. Now we have to deal with them either NOT getting their questions answered further, or letting them jack this thread more to ask you in here.

Look, I am not one to partake in the "which kit to buy" fight. Hell, I have recommended the Greddy kit to LOTS of people who asked me for my honest opinion even though I have a CN kit. Everyone has to make their own choices - BUT NOT IN THIS THREAD.

Eric
actually, he did have his own thread in a way...it was the "Anyone have a SFP turbo?" by myeverlovingsir. It was put in the recycling bin by Mugen_EP because he stated he was using some "free advertisement"

Anyway, since this has gone waaayyyyyy off topic and become a SFP topic...el locko

Mugen_EP
01-02-2004, 10:58 AM
actually, he did have his own thread in a way...it was the "Anyone have a SFP turbo?" by myeverlovingsir. It was put in the recycling bin by Mugen_EP because he stated he was using some "free advertisement"

While many of you may disagree with my decision, personally I could care less.

When I read this :

I can clearly see that is marketing.

-Tony

02SilverSiHB
01-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
While many of you may disagree with my decision, personally I could care less.

When I read this :

I can clearly see that is marketing.

-Tony
true, I see what you are saying, I don't disagree, hence my lock not only because of the off topic, but because of those things...at first I really didn't care about it, but the more I look at his posts, the more I see that.