PDA

View Full Version : problem with sunroof switch?

jdmsi
12-07-2003, 12:31 PM
as some of you may know I been having this weird problem with my sunroof. I can make it go up(with that button), but when I push on that sliding thing to make it go out, nothing happens. I removed the headliner and can't find anything wrong. I even removed the switch. I am now suspecting its the switch itself. Is there any way to test it out and see if it works without having to buy a new one? Thanks a lot for your help.

Sb00
12-07-2003, 01:07 PM
honda should cover that under warrenty, couldn't hurt to take it in.

mhx
12-07-2003, 01:14 PM
check the fuse.

jdmsi
12-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by mhx
check the fuse.
do you know which fuse, that would really help me out. I have no manual or anything. is there seperate fuses for sunroof, like one to go down and one to slide? Thanks a lot for help. And dealer is out of the question, don't ask why.

JapanExpress
12-07-2003, 05:35 PM
I may be misreading your post, but you do know that the sunroof doesn't slide back over the roof, right? It goes into the roof, so you press the slide button while the sunroof is in the closed position. The only thing you can do after it is tilted is close it.

jdmsi
12-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by JapanExpress
I may be misreading your post, but you do know that the sunroof doesn't slide back over the roof, right? It goes into the roof, so you press the slide button while the sunroof is in the closed position. The only thing you can do after it is tilted is close it.
hmm interesting, well the sunroof doesn't go in nor does it come back down. It only goes up and stays there. I pressed the button that I pressed to come up and it doesn't do anything. It just stays there.

chubbychu
12-07-2003, 11:25 PM
i would like to pexiglass my sunroof (nonfunctional)

jdmsi
12-07-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
i would like to pexiglass my sunroof (nonfunctional)
if you want to give me yours, I would gladly take it :)

glw
12-08-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by jdmsi
hmm interesting, well the sunroof doesn't go in nor does it come back down. It only goes up and stays there. I pressed the button that I pressed to come up and it doesn't do anything. It just stays there. the tilt button only tilts it up. you need to press the open/close button to close it once it's tilted up.

jdmsi
12-08-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by glw
the tilt button only tilts it up. you need to press the open/close button to close it once it's tilted up.
thank you! so that means either my open/close button is broken or there is damage in actual mechanism. D
Do you know if there is a seperate fuse for 2 buttons?

jdmsi
12-08-2003, 06:05 PM
ok so I checked the fuse, its not the fuse. Also, when I move the switch back I hear slight(its very quite)noise(I believe its motor) and when I move it forward, I hear noise too. Does that mean my mechanism is messed up?

jerseyjew
12-15-2003, 04:55 PM
I have a similar problem. The tilt button no longer works on my car. Whenever you hit the sliding button forward and tilts the sunroof up. When it is in this position you would normally slide the switch back to close and lock it. My sunroof won't go to the lock position. It just continues to go all the way open. What is going on with these terrible sunroofs. I hate stupid little problems like this. I never have anytime to take it to the dealer, but I will soon and let everyone know what is up.

dw735
12-16-2003, 02:13 AM
i will have one for sale soon, so i anyonw wants to buy mine, pm me with an offer or message. eric