PDA

View Full Version : How do y'all like the Civic coupe FP wheels?

adrew
12-07-2003, 02:51 PM
I did a quick photochop below.

I really like 'em, because they look kinda like the Type R rims--and because they're 4-lug wheels, so they'd fit my '03, presumably.

I emailed handaparts.com and they said that Honda won't sell the wheels separately...only as part of the complete set...bummer.

I've been looking on eBay, but haven't been able to find any...any ideas?

Thanks,
Adam

http://www.frontiernet.net/~adrew/photochop.jpg

bobdobbs
12-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Drool!

They do show up on ebay once in a while. Why OZ or Enkei doesn't offer something similar is beyond me.

redronin22
12-07-2003, 03:24 PM
Why doesnt Rota, Konig etc steal the design like they steal everything else?

Suk02Si
12-09-2003, 10:15 AM
Here they are on Cease's car.

http://www.teamstealthonline.com/images/dec6meet/dec6meet27.jpg
http://www.teamstealthonline.com/images/sep1meet/sep1meet12.jpg
http://www.teamstealthonline.com/images/sep1meet/sep1meet13.jpg

SiR_d1
12-09-2003, 11:50 AM
I want them, im just hoping someone in my area would be willing to trade my 5zigens for them plus a bit of cash

Im pretty confident I could get it down....yeah right:(

STP03BlueSI
12-09-2003, 12:21 PM
I like those rims...

BSEVEER
12-09-2003, 05:33 PM
I'm waiting for Cease to get tired of them and sell them to me. Come on already Cease!:D

civic si hb
12-09-2003, 05:38 PM
those rims are hot...... are they 16's or 17's and what size rubber is on them? thanks.

2k2_nbp_egg
12-09-2003, 05:48 PM
Will 215's fit on them? And anyone got the weight on those bad boys?

Suk02Si
12-09-2003, 05:57 PM
The wheels are 16x6.5 so you should be able to fit a 215 on it.

StrangeShadow
12-09-2003, 08:54 PM
:eek: :confused: paint!!!;)
is that the usdm kit? or a chop?

Brettnyt
12-09-2003, 10:24 PM
Yummy wheels, but i prefer 17"s... If you would like a somewhat similar wheel, check out the Ace Spade...

evilep3
12-09-2003, 10:39 PM
i would love to sport those :eek:

adrew
12-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Wow, Cease's looks great. I've got a blue EP3 myself--and really want these now.

Cease, where'd you get yours?

Thx,
Adam

adrew
12-10-2003, 09:08 AM
I emailed the guys at Hondaautomotiveparts.com (Majestic Honda) and the wheels cost $170 each...not bad!

Still hoping for an eBay deal, tho.

BSEVEER
12-10-2003, 09:32 AM
Cease got them off Ebay for about $1100 if I remember right.

cease
12-11-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
:eek: :confused: paint!!!;)
is that the usdm kit? or a chop?

i hope to have my kit painted next month. its usdm fiberglass front and rear lips and jdm side skirts.

gary thanks for posting them pic's good looking out

whats up bseveer :)

StrangeShadow
12-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by cease
i hope to have my kit painted next month. its usdm fiberglass front and rear lips and jdm side skirts.

gary thanks for posting them pic's good looking out

whats up bseveer :)
cool!:) can you post a picture of the front by any chance? thanks.
That's gonna look great once its done.

adrian1281
12-12-2003, 06:07 PM
anybody know the honda part number for those rims?

StrangeShadow
12-13-2003, 12:33 PM
I don't think they sell them separate from the whole fp package. That's why ppl look for them on ebay. :(

Stoop
12-13-2003, 02:47 PM
I don't think they sell them separate from the whole fp package. That's why ppl look for them on ebay. :(

That is correct. The Honda Part Number is 08W16-S5P-101, but you cannot get them seperate from the Honda Factory Performance package. You can either get them on ebay like StrangeShadow said, or have a hook-up through Honda. (Or you can be a parts manager like me, order a whole kit for your store, and rob the wheels from the kit like I did :D :D. That's how I got mine.) Plus they only cost me $560 for the set.:D

StrangeShadow
12-13-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by StoopSi
have a hook-up through Honda. (Or you can be a parts manager like me, order a whole kit for your store, and rob the wheels from the kit like I did :D :D. That's how I got mine.) Plus they only cost me $560 for the set.:D
I think we found our guy!:D

Blackapino85
12-13-2003, 06:33 PM
That is correct. The Honda Part Number is 08W16-S5P-101, but you cannot get them seperate from the Honda Factory Performance package. You can either get them on ebay like StrangeShadow said, or have a hook-up through Honda. (Or you can be a parts manager like me, order a whole kit for your store, and rob the wheels from the kit like I did :D :D. That's how I got mine.) Plus they only cost me $560 for the set.:D

i'd pay for those!;)

BSEVEER
12-13-2003, 07:01 PM
Count me in!

LannyM
12-13-2003, 09:16 PM
What is part # 08W16-S5P-100?

Stoop
12-14-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by LannyM
What is part # 08W16-S5P-100?

Part number 08W16-S5P-100 was the part number for the wheel for the 2002 Civic Factory Performance package. That part number supercedes into 08W16-S5P-101 which is the part number for the wheel for the 2003 Civic Factory Performance package. There is absolutely NO difference in the 2 wheels. It is the EXACT same wheel.

StrangeShadow
12-15-2003, 12:16 AM
so...can you hook any of us up with that price?

LannyM
12-15-2003, 03:51 AM
Thanks Stoop....

Does your dealership ship out the FP package at a discounted price? Local dealerships want $4000 plus install costs, and all the internet Honda websites either don't carry it or can't ship it.

Thanks,

Lance

tom3
12-15-2003, 10:32 AM
Anyone know how much these weigh each? I've always liked these, can we really get them through either StoopSi or Hondaautomotiveparts.com (Majestic Honda)

K-Series
12-15-2003, 10:37 AM
Since they're OEM wheels, I'm sure they're on the heavy side.

I'm not a fan, even if they were 17" like the CTR. They're going to be freaking heavy.

(Car looks great Cease!)

Steve

Stoop
12-15-2003, 08:24 PM
so...can you hook any of us up with that price?
The Honda Factory Performance package that came with the kick-ass CTR look-alike wheels can only be purchased by a dealer as a complete package. The parts cannot be purchased seperately, even if the dealer has the part number for the individual items. The dealer's cost for the kit is $2641.00. Retail price for the kit is $3849.34. Honda breaks all the prices down for the individual parts on the invoice they send to the dealer along with the parts. The invoice also lists all the part numbers for the individual pieces. The HFP wheels have a dealer cost of $140/wheel which comes to $560 for a set. Since I am a parts manager at a Honda dealership, I ordered a factory performance kit to our store and bought the wheels seperately out of the kit for myself. The rest of the items were stocked into our store's inventory until I could sell the parts seperately. It is not easy to sell the parts seperately as I still have the aero kit pieces in my store's inventory.

Eventually, I intend to do the same thing with the '04 Si Honda Factory Performance Kit once it is released for sale (Hopefully by end of December is what I'm hearing from my district representative.) I'm going to order an '04 kit so that I can get the rear hatch spoiler and suspension kit. None of these parts will be available seperately either (but damnit, I want them for my car.)

I'd love to hook people up with the prices and parts, but I can't justify buying 2 or 3 HFP kits just for the wheels when my store still has the other parts in stock from the kit I ordered for myself.

Does your dealership ship out the FP package at a discounted price? Local dealerships want $4000 plus install costs, and all the internet Honda websites either don't carry it or can't ship it.
If someone did want to order a whole kit and have me ship all the pieces, I could give a discount on the parts, but the cost of the shipping for the suspension parts and wheels would kill them and would probably be relatively close to the cost of the kit at regular price anyways, so it wouldn't be worth it. It would probably be around the same amount to just go to your local dealer.

Originally posted by tom3
Anyone know how much these weigh each? I've always liked these, can we really get them through either StoopSi or Hondaautomotiveparts.com (Majestic Honda)
I'm not sure how much each wheel weighs. I meant to weigh one before I mounted the tires on them, but I didn't get around to it. Like Steve said, they DO feel like a rather heavy wheel (not as heavy as some wheels), but weight was not an issue for me since eventually I hope to get a JDM Type-R kit and go for the CTR look and these wheels are as close as you can get short of a hub conversion.

I hope I answered everyones questions and am sorry I can't be of more help as far as getting parts.:(

K20A3Si
12-15-2003, 10:10 PM
i love the work emotion cr's..there awsome..i am hoping to get them for this spring..the spoon racing EP3 is using them....:)

K20A3Si
12-15-2003, 10:13 PM
hey stoopsi..where are you a parts manager...i am involved with Lundgren Honda in Auburn Mass?..it's cool to know someone else has a in with honda.

LannyM
12-17-2003, 12:13 PM
Stoop,

Thanks for the info you posted about the HFP kit.

I called a couple of local dealers looking to possibly order the whole kit, and this is how the conversation went.

me: "Could you get me pricing and availabilty of the HFP kit for a 2003 Civic Si hatch in Satin Silver?"

parts guy: "Hmmm...we just got a flyer on the 2004 kit....let me look...(three minute wait)...looks like the 2004 will be coming out."

me: "The 2003 kit is ALREADY out, and the 2004 wheels won't fit my car anyway. Could you find out about a 2003 kit?"

parts guy: "Hold on...(three minute wait)...our distribution center doesn't carry the 2003 kit yet."

me: "It's been out for a while"

parts guy: "I'll have to call California."

So, he takes my number, and leaves me the following message a few hours later: "The 2004 HFP kit is due out on Jan 15, 2004. If you have any other questions, please give me a call."

Anyway, as my other conversations all basically went like this, I was wondering if you could give me all the part #s that constitute a full kit for a 2003 Si in Silver (I'm assuming they come painted.) You could PM me if you don't want to post it all on here....

Thanks

Stoop
12-17-2003, 12:54 PM
I was wondering if you could give me all the part #s that constitute a full kit for a 2003 Si in Silver (I'm assuming they come painted.) You could PM me if you don't want to post it all on here....

Thanks

Honda never made a factory performance kit for the 2002 or 2003 Si. These wheels came from the 2002 and 2003 factory performance kit for the Civic 2-door coupe. In order to get the wheels you'd have to order THAT kit, but then you'd be stuck with all the aero kit pieces and suspension that fit the 2-door. That's why it's so difficult to get the wheels. They can't be ordered seperately from the kit. And obviously it's not worth the money to order the whole kit just for the wheels.:confused:

HondaMan
12-18-2003, 06:24 PM
Stoop,
Which Honda dealer you work at? I bought my EP when I was living in Portland. :)

BTW, great looking EP...I also love those wheels and wish we could get them easier. You lucky dog! ;)

Stoop
12-18-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan
Stoop,
Which Honda dealer you work at? I bought my EP when I was living in Portland. :)

BTW, great looking EP...I also love those wheels and wish we could get them easier. You lucky dog! ;)

Thanks for the compliments, Hondaman.

I work at St Johns Honda in North Portland (yeah I know, THAT part of town ;) ). I don't know if you ever visit Portland anymore, but if you do, stop in sometime if you ever need a deal on parts or something for your Si or your Odyssey. I think I can overlook the fact that you went to Beaverton Honda to buy your Civic. *Cough*BEAVERTON SUCKS*Cough* :D :D

HondaMan
12-18-2003, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the compliments, Hondaman.

I work at St Johns Honda in North Portland (yeah I know, THAT part of town ;) ). I don't know if you ever visit Portland anymore, but if you do, stop in sometime if you ever need a deal on parts or something for your Si or your Odyssey. I think I can overlook the fact that you went to Beaverton Honda to buy your Civic. *Cough*BEAVERTON SUCKS*Cough* :D :D

North Portland...Ack! ;) I don't get out that way anymore...if had known about you when I was there I would have bought my accessories from you (I got them at Thomason Honda...they matched prices off the internet). I lived in Portland but near Clackamas. I was working for Boeing @ Oregon Iron Works at the time overseeing production of missile silos. LOL about Beaverton Honda, I was not real impressed with them to say the least but went through carsdirect.com to get my car at the time since nobody around there would give me a good deal when the EP first came out. Probably would have gone some where else to get my EP if carsdirect.com didn't take care of all the dealership crap/haggling for me. :)

StrangeShadow
12-19-2003, 01:12 AM
SO

Stoop
12-19-2003, 07:17 AM
Yes that is correct.....:D

No, actually, I already had someone that wanted to buy the suspension pieces/shift knob/emblems for his coupe. He just didn't want the aero kit which is no big deal because it's the same one that CAN be ordered seperately for a customer who wanted the accessory aero kit for their Civic coupe. :cool:

Vivid04Si
12-19-2003, 05:43 PM
i know where u can get a set...email me if you are interested

the JigGa mAn
12-19-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Vivid04Si
i know where u can get a set...email me if you are interested

judgeing from your username you have a 04 Si??? is this correct?? if so show us some pics and congrats on being the first one with a 04 (i think)

StrangeShadow
12-19-2003, 11:32 PM
Yes that is correct.....:D

No, actually, I already had someone that wanted to buy the suspension pieces/shift knob/emblems for his coupe. He just didn't want the aero kit which is no big deal because it's the same one that CAN be ordered seperately for a customer who wanted the accessory aero kit for their Civic coupe. :cool:
hehe :D that's cool, I was just gonna say, if someone else ever realized there was an incomplete kit sitting there you might be in for it :confused: but then it worked out great for you. :)

yellerep3
12-20-2003, 09:36 AM

so hook us up bro we are all brothers!