PDA

View Full Version : My Car Died!!!

bratkat64
12-07-2003, 03:47 PM
My transmission now has a crack in it towards the back and it's leaking oil from the crack. I don't know what happened either. Daniel was driving it and he was like it's not going into gear! So I dont have any idea what happened. I havent been driving it at all lately cause I haven't had gas money. The car has a nice 14k on it and that's it. = P Dustin and Daniel think it's what would have happened to Chris's SI had he not taken it in a few weeks ago cause of some clunking noise. Everyone told me my car was fine too! >= |

DavidT
12-07-2003, 05:58 PM
A crack huh? Maybe you or the people who have been driving your car hit something? Or drove over something that hit the tranny to cause it to crack? Why not put some more tranny oil in it and try it out to see if it's still grinding? How bad is the leak from the crack? If it's just small (like an inch or two long) and it's accessable, weld the bitch shut. Take it to reputable welding shop and have them lay a bead of aluminum weld on it...should take care of it. Or wait, 14k it's still under waranty if they will cover a crack'd tranny :rolleyes:

bratkat64
12-07-2003, 07:08 PM
Well it's on top by where the tranny meets the engine. It's weird. I wish I'd had my camera on me at the time, I would have taken pictures if I had. I'm going to see what Honda will do cause it's really weird.

DavidT
12-07-2003, 07:40 PM
Where the tranny meets the engine...there's no fluid right there. It's a bellhousing, the clutch and flywheel is in there. If there is fluid there, that means your rear main seal of the motor or shaft seal of the tranny went out...and that would mean your clutch would most likely slip because there's oil on the clutch too.

Are you sure it's not coming out of the breather? There's a tranny breather near the shift linkgage, it's normal for dust to collect around that area because if you rev your motor a lot and your tranny fluid is full there's a chance small amount of fluid might leak out the breather, I'm talking a small drip per hour here :D Either way, good luck.

bratkat64
12-07-2003, 08:18 PM
Heh I wish I knew. I should have Daniel post cause he was pointing stuff out and I didn't really see everything he wanted me to. I do know there was oil leaking like mad though. My car left a happy trail of it from where we had to push it back from the road to the parking lot. = P

Peking
12-07-2003, 08:46 PM
To go along with everything else, that sucks. Can you take it in to the dealer?

2k2civicSi
12-07-2003, 08:51 PM
if its not coverd i have a tranny for sale cheap http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25496

bratkat64
12-07-2003, 09:38 PM
my roomate paid to have it towed their cause the service guys said they'd reimburse him. so its chillin

bratkat64
12-08-2003, 08:01 AM
Well this sucks. They cant tell me anything without opening the tranny and they said it might not be covered under warranty. >= | I said no cause I have $0. I wish insurance would cover my car randomly exploding.

2003EPHatch
12-08-2003, 08:15 AM
Sorry to hear man. Hopefully everything works out for the best.

Peking
12-08-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by 2003EPHatch
Sorry to hear man. Hopefully everything works out for the best.

She's a girly :*

bratkat64
12-08-2003, 08:43 AM
lol

*sticks out chest*

bobdobbs
12-08-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by bratkat64
I wish insurance would cover my car randomly exploding.
I think it does. The problem is making it look random.

civicSIracer
12-08-2003, 02:00 PM
powertrain is covered for 30000 miles or 3 years. it is covered if it is a manufactures defect.

SiR_d1
12-08-2003, 02:01 PM
sorry to hear:(