PDA

View Full Version : How not to exit a parking lot

cbecker333
12-08-2003, 08:30 AM
http://cbecker333.homeip.net/webpub/imahugedumbass.jpg

This happened at about 2 mph....god damn light post was on a cement pillar that rose only 2 feet off the ground and was painted dark green. I never saw it coming. I knew shit got sour when I heard the metal crunching, by that time I had fully applied gas & clutch so the damage continued for another foot before I brought the car to a stop.

cbecker333
12-08-2003, 08:34 AM
Oh, yeah, almost forgot the total: $1600 and the car will have to be at the collision shop for 7 days. Those of you who have dealt with this might notice that I managed to affect 3 different body panels, including the rear quarter which retardedly comes all the way up under the drivers' side.

Peking
12-08-2003, 08:37 AM
Damnnnnnnnnn :eek: That sucks. Good to see you still come around here though. Good luck getting that fixed :)

cbecker333
12-08-2003, 08:38 AM
hehe...seems like I only come here to complain...:( but actually I'm pretty happy with the EP - still fun to drive and when I'm inside it I can't see the atrocity I committed ;)

icegrill
12-08-2003, 09:07 AM
Damn, you poor bastard. :'( That had to be a terriable feeling.

Zero Three Si
12-08-2003, 09:47 AM
Damn!!!

1abSi
12-08-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by cbecker333
including the rear quarter which retardedly comes all the way up under the drivers' side. yeah but as long as the other part of the rear 1/4 is fine, they can just cut that one part out...that is the opposite of what they did to mine...that part was fine with the wholre rear 1/4 needing to be replaced, and they just cut near some welds

oogy-boogy
12-08-2003, 10:54 AM
Wow....hope all goes well with the repairs.....

Did you make a claim out to your insurance company?

HgSi
12-08-2003, 11:19 AM
including the rear quarter which retardedly comes all the way up under the drivers' side.

That panel has tentacles all over the place. It reaches to places no one would expect a quarter panel to reach. I mean... I appreciate the seamless look of it, but it really just adds to the price tag of fixing it when the doodoo hits the fan.

STP03BlueSI
12-08-2003, 11:38 AM
ouch!

icegrill
12-08-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by HgSi
That panel has tentacles all over the place. It reaches to places no one would expect a quarter panel to reach. I mean... I appreciate the seamless look of it, but it really just adds to the price tag of fixing it when the doodoo hits the fan.

This is one of the main reasons I want to get sideskirts. Some added protection from road debris and shit fucking up your entire quarter panel. :(

cbecker333
12-09-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
Wow....hope all goes well with the repairs.....

Did you make a claim out to your insurance company?

Yep, insurance will cover all $1600 of the repair - and the shop I'm going to is fantastic, from experience I know I have no worries about the finished product. I'm losing my accident free discount and there will also be a "surcharge" because I had a ticket in 2001??? I don't get that part but I don't like talking to insurance people so I didn't ask. My insurance was pretty reasonable before (compared to some folks on this board) so I won't take too big of a hit...I hope.

oogy-boogy
12-09-2003, 10:39 AM
Yep, insurance will cover all $1600 of the repair - and the shop I'm going to is fantastic, from experience I know I have no worries about the finished product. I'm losing my accident free discount and there will also be a "surcharge" because I had a ticket in 2001??? I don't get that part but I don't like talking to insurance people so I didn't ask. My insurance was pretty reasonable before (compared to some folks on this board) so I won't take too big of a hit...I hope.

Great, glad to hear it. I don't understand the surcharge for such an old ticket??? How could it just resurface if it hadn't effected you in the past?