PDA

View Full Version : help

Big_T
12-08-2003, 02:29 PM
On friday I brought my si with 7500 miles on it into honda because it would shift into fourth gear. They told me they couldn't fix at it until a honda tech came and looked at it. Well today I get a call from honda saying that the tech has not yet come out but they think the tech will blame it on abuse because I have a k&n typhoon and my front tires are worn out more than my rear. The guy also wants me to give him a confirmation on if they can open my trans and if it was from abuse I am left paying for it. what should I do?

Driftin SI
12-08-2003, 02:40 PM
take it to a different dealer and tell the current one to f off

STP03BlueSI
12-08-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Driftin SI
take it to a different dealer and tell the current one to f off

i will second that!

RedLight_Si
12-08-2003, 03:38 PM
As far as the k&n typhoon, inform them of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. As far as the tires,the front tires will always be more worn out then the back tires on a front wheel drive car assuming they havent been rotated.

eurosteez
12-08-2003, 05:49 PM
blast the dealer in his face with a shotgun

ATRIOT
12-08-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by eurosteez
blast the dealer in his face with a shotgun

LOL, Test drive a new Accord into the side of the building!

Zero Three Si
12-08-2003, 07:48 PM
Go to a different dealer.

enecks
12-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by RedLight_Si
As far as the k&n typhoon, inform them of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

How would one go about applying that to a situation like this? I just read through it, but I couldn't really figure out how it might help Big_T. Any thoughts?

RedLight_Si
12-08-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by enecks
How would one go about applying that to a situation like this? I just read through it, but I couldn't really figure out how it might help Big_T. Any thoughts?

As I understand it,this act says that a company cannot deny your warranty or warranty work if a problem exists due to the fact that you have modified your vehicle. They must prove the modification was the cause of the problem.

Big_T:
Is this the dealership you bought the car from?