PDA

View Full Version : '04 Si...Most Powerful Si Ever?

VBSI
12-08-2003, 04:24 PM
http://cars.ign.com/

There is a flash ad from Honda that claims that very fact. I wonder what makes it more powerful....some gay tails maybe?

Brettnyt
12-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Well yeah, it has the same engine as we do, but still it is the most powerful of any Si's to date... for torque specs at least...

Silentplanet
12-08-2003, 04:35 PM
I would have thought the ghey tail lights would reduce power output...

bratkat64
12-08-2003, 07:29 PM
Will it have the same crappy tranny?

02NJHondaep3
12-08-2003, 08:35 PM
or crappy engine mounts?

TheMutt
12-08-2003, 08:43 PM
Or crappy drivers?

Heh, that sounds mean almost. So I figure I should add a "j/k"

yellerep3
12-08-2003, 09:00 PM
i say all the ep3 members get together and stand outside of honda complaining to thier customers until they agree to bring over the type ri mean all of us, all 3000 plus and we'll complain to thier customers about how our cars suck, and the service dept treats us like shi!!!

CIVICBOOST
12-08-2003, 10:49 PM
I want to see some specs, it would be just like U.S Honda to say something like that and only increase torque by 5-10 lbs/ft somewhere in the powerband.:(

CIVICBOOST
12-08-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by yellerep3
i say all the ep3 members get together and stand outside of honda complaining to thier customers until they agree to bring over the type ri mean all of us, all 3000 plus and we'll complain to thier customers about how our cars suck, and the service dept treats us like shi!!!

As much as many of us would like to do this, it wouldnt do any good. Bringing a CTR over here to the states would take away sales from the Rsx-Type S which has the CTR motor. Since Acura is a North American branch of Honda, the overall corporation would sustain a large cut in sales, The EP3 chassis isnt very popular with the exeption of the good people like you and I and everyone on this forum. If you looked at how many Si/Sir were manufactured and how many were actually sold its pretty bad. Another thing to consider is American corporations in this nation are very money hungry, so they will benefit themselves before the consumers. The Import aftermarket has become so large and generates so much money on we the consumers trying to make our cars like the JDM counterparts that this would be another reason not to bring it over.:(

SiR_d1
12-08-2003, 11:11 PM
sure:D

Stupendous Man
12-09-2003, 02:40 AM
Aren't our EP's the most powerful civics ever?

Released in the U.S. that is...

LASI02
12-09-2003, 06:40 AM
If the Ep3 chassis is selling so poorly why is it that Honda elected to produce them for yet another year? That just doesn't seem very bright on their half. I was looking in the 04' brochure at the dealership and all the specs are the same for the 04's as far as drive train is concerned.

bratkat64
12-09-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by CIVICBOOST
As much as many of us would like to do this, it wouldnt do any good. Bringing a CTR over here to the states would take away sales from the Rsx-Type S which has the CTR motor. Since Acura is a North American branch of Honda, the overall corporation would sustain a large cut in sales, The EP3 chassis isnt very popular with the exeption of the good people like you and I and everyone on this forum. If you looked at how many Si/Sir were manufactured and how many were actually sold its pretty bad. Another thing to consider is American corporations in this nation are very money hungry, so they will benefit themselves before the consumers. The Import aftermarket has become so large and generates so much money on we the consumers trying to make our cars like the JDM counterparts that this would be another reason not to bring it over.:(

Oh... looks like that idea is out. We can still complain about other stuff though!

CivicSiR
12-09-2003, 11:34 AM
Check this out. I don

the JigGa mAn
12-09-2003, 11:48 AM
now how does bringing the type R here benefit us? i mean im not richie rich over here...i cant afford to sell off my car for 12K...pay off the rest of my car and refinance for a CTR...not to mention having the CTR here will prolly make the value of our cars go down even more...to prolly 5K resale value...id love to have a CTR as much as the next guy but unless honda is going to take back each of our Sis and replace them with Type Rs i dont wanna see it come here

CivicSiR
12-09-2003, 12:00 PM
And it prolly won

VividDreams
12-09-2003, 04:24 PM
hows this for a pipe dream?

we bitch to honda like the RX-8 owners did to mazda, then honda will replace the motors in our cars with the CTR motors.

if only...........:(

CIVICBOOST
12-09-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by LASI02
If the Ep3 chassis is selling so poorly why is it that Honda elected to produce them for yet another year? That just doesn't seem very bright on their half. I was looking in the 04' brochure at the dealership and all the specs are the same for the 04's as far as drive train is concerned.

Many people dont like the looks. So as you can see by the 04' model Honda is trying to make it more appealing to sell.
1)new headlights and tailights
2)5 lugs instead of 4
3)really thin factory sideskirts
4)16" wheels instead of 15"
Honda always runs there production lineup for a few years, regardless of how they sell. It gives the consumers time to get used to the new cars, and I admit when the EP3 chassis first came out I didnt like it but it rubbed off on me after a while then I bought mine last Dec.:D

CIVICBOOST
12-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by VividDreams
hows this for a pipe dream?

we bitch to honda like the RX-8 owners did to mazda, then honda will replace the motors in our cars with the CTR motors.

if only...........:(

I'd be down for that, or offer the K20A2 as a factory optional motor for the Si. Of course they would have to kick us previous buyers a really good deal on a swap:D

BarracksSi
12-10-2003, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CivicSiR
[B]Check this out. I don

CIVICBOOST
12-10-2003, 06:50 PM
I ran into this elsewhere on the internet and it is indeed a typo.

kylenls
12-10-2003, 07:04 PM
guys our cars have so much potential why do you continuosly bash them you are driving one. just piece together the tyrpe r parts (or rsx-s) parts for us and you will have your type r for probably cheaper than buying one, even if it were over here (thats including the price you bought you car even).just look at the gains just an intake and catback gave some i have seen slips all the way down to 15.4 from a 16.1 thats insane with just these two parts. think about what four cylinder gets these kind of gains from these mild and common of mods "name five" i cant think of one maybe the se-r spec v, maybe. did you guys buy this car hoping for it to be fast from the factory i knew the potential and also realized that they are slow and probably do have problems from the factory but i am willing to spend the money and time in biulding this car, i love it regardless.

CIVICBOOST
12-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by kylenls
guys our cars have so much potential why do you continuosly bash them you are driving one. just piece together the tyrpe r parts (or rsx-s) parts for us and you will have your type r for probably cheaper than buying one, even if it were over here (thats including the price you bought you car even).just look at the gains just an intake and catback gave some i have seen slips all the way down to 15.4 from a 16.1 thats insane with just these two parts. think about what four cylinder gets these kind of gains from these mild and common of mods "name five" i cant think of one maybe the se-r spec v, maybe. did you guys buy this car hoping for it to be fast from the factory i knew the potential and also realized that they are slow and probably do have problems from the factory but i am willing to spend the money and time in biulding this car, i love it regardless.

If a CTR came out tomorrow I probably wouldnt trade my car, I've put to much money and time into my Si to just throw it away. Plus I think my Si looks better than a stock CTR anyway:D
I/H/E, Hondata, ES motor mounts(not installed yet)JDM Buddy kit,VIS hood, Wings west spoiler, 17" ADR's (mugen style) etc.

kylenls
12-10-2003, 07:26 PM
good good i like to hear a fellow supporter for the ep i thinkt that they potential of these cars is insane and i will prove that within the next year garunteed.

CIVICBOOST
12-10-2003, 08:35 PM
kylenis you going turbo? I will too eventually down the road when I get bored with Hondata:D my last mod for this year is installing my ES motor mount inserts, then starting in 04' I'll get my Mugen Carbon spoiler and some carbon mirrors, rear sway bar, Neuspeed X-brace, better tires, Fitanza flywheel and stage 2 clutch then on to my turbo if I'm still not content.

kylenls
12-10-2003, 08:38 PM
no i boosted my last car its time for an all motor set up i loved turbo dont get me wrong but i kinda thought i was cheating in a way. i like the way all motor sounds and there are less problems down the road if you dont use forced induction. besides the feeling you get when you just wated a boosted car in your n/a car nothing compares.

silver
12-11-2003, 03:57 AM
just look at the gains just an intake and catback gave some i have seen slips all the way down to 15.4 from a 16.1 thats insane with just these two parts. think about what four cylinder gets these kind of gains from these mild and common of mods "name five" i cant think of one maybe the se-r spec v, maybe.

i'm up for a challenge, 5 huh? i'm assuming you mean a cold air intake let's see.

k20a3:intake and catback...15hp

sr20det:filter and 3" exhaust plus downpipe...20-30hp gain
qr25de:intake and catback...16hp/18lbs tq gain
4g63-t:intake and 3" exhaust plus downpipe...18-25hp gain
2zzge: intake and catback...20hp/18lbs tq gain
ca18det: filter and 3" exhaust plus downpipe...18-25hp gain
sr20de: intake and catback... 12hp/16lbs tq
sr20de(high port): intake and catback... 12hp/17lbs tq
ka24de: intake and catback...14hp/13lbs tq (from a short ram)
and whatever the hell the matrix has: 17hp/13 lbs tq

did i win something? i got 8 motors. now of course 3 were turbo so we'll disregard those and go with 5. :)
but i'm not disagreeing with you, the intake does make great gains on k20 along with exhaust and header especially. i was just bored, sorry.

kylenls
12-11-2003, 05:01 AM
come on man most of the cars you named were turbo cars. you knew what i meant keep it 4 cyl na. use your head!

kylenls
12-11-2003, 05:03 AM
oh yeah and the sr20de is a truck motor with high dissplacement and torque this isnt a nissan truck forum, i know they were in the 240's but they were still a truck motor first.

kylenls
12-11-2003, 05:04 AM
so now your down to four havent won anything yet.

chunky
12-11-2003, 06:42 AM
oh yeah and the sr20de is a truck motor with high dissplacement and torque this isnt a nissan truck forum, i know they were in the 240's but they were still a truck motor first.

hey genius, the sr20de is not the truck motor, that's the ka24 that came in the USDM 240's. the sr20de came in the sentra se-r, 200sx se-r, and the infinit g20. The sr20det is the jdm turbo motor.

and those numbers mean nothing to me until I see dyno sheets. I'd like to see an sr20de keep up with the si mod for mod.

I know it won't actually. Some of my really good friends are nissan buffs, and their 200sx se-r's with intake & exhaust aren't any faster than my car with only a midpipe. Not to mention that getting anywhere close to 200hp n/a out of those motors is quite the task. the k20a3 can get there with a few simple steps starting with a head swap.

The neo vvl motors are cool though. I like the sr16ve. :)

kylenls
12-11-2003, 12:51 PM
my bad your right. but boy are you angry.

silver
12-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by chunky
and those numbers mean nothing to me until I see dyno sheets. I'd like to see an sr20de keep up with the si mod for mod.

I know it won't actually. Some of my really good friends are nissan buffs, and their 200sx se-r's with intake & exhaust aren't any faster than my car with only a midpipe. Not to mention that getting anywhere close to 200hp n/a out of those motors is quite the task. the k20a3 can get there with a few simple steps starting with a head swap.

depends on the car, an old school b13 ser should. as for motor vs. motor, the k motor will make more power through mods but has nowhere near the indestructability of the sr20, too bad nissan doesn't make motors like that anymore. and you can't say that a head swap is a simple step. but through bolt-ons, and a more aggresive cam profile the motor will make hella good power throughout the power band.

and man you are angry
j/k
:cool: