PDA

View Full Version : got my magnaflow today

Black 02 SI
12-08-2003, 09:12 PM
as the title says, i just got in the mail my magnaflow today. first impression was damn those are some big tips, i like it. came about 4:15. had to get ready for work around 5 so I was like eh i'll do it, should only take bout a half an hour or so, wrong. 10 of 5 i'm still trying to get one of the cat bolts off. finally had to give up so i could get ready for work. i will post pics soon as i get it on. i was pissed i couldnt get it done today and was "forced" to drive my 2000 si, lol. i haven't driven that car in about 2 months, and all i can say is why o why did they switch to i-vtec. my 2000 is awesome, way faster than my 2002(has more work done to it too). anway, the two cars are so much different it still amazes me.

p.s-my old exhaust in in the classified section, includes axle back and mid-pipe. here's the link....

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=25807

andy
12-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Yah, if it's just you, give yourself about 3-4 hours. That's how
long it took me and a buddy, granted it was from 1am-4am (don't ask,
heh). Hardest part was the heat shield on the cat and the stupid
muffler hangers. Putting on the new one was the easy part...

02civicSI
12-08-2003, 09:23 PM
took me an hour and a half to put in my magnaflow by myself. not too hard if you have a couple brain cells. hardest part are those damn cat bolts.

chinq6t
12-08-2003, 09:28 PM
i just got me a magnaflow today as well, just installed it, a good couple hours.. i don't know about it though.. it's pretty damn loud! i cant hear my radio when i drive or hear any one im talking to.

andy
12-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by chinq6t
i just got me a magnaflow today as well, just installed it, a good couple hours.. i don't know about it though.. it's pretty damn loud! i cant hear my radio when i drive or hear any one im talking to.

You guys are faster than me. Must have been sleep deprivation. ;)

A couple guys have said the Magnaflow was loud at first, but quieted
down after a couple weeks.

02civicSI
12-08-2003, 09:42 PM
mine is a used magnaflow and it is loud. especially on the freeway in 5th gear. i LOVE it :D my intake has quieted down :( i actually liked the roar of my intake more than the exhaust. maybe i have just gotten used to it...or gotten a little def...either way no biggie

chibianh
12-08-2003, 10:03 PM
what kind of loud is it? I'm planning on getting one too. Is it a raspy loud? or a deep throaty loud?

02civicSI
12-08-2003, 10:30 PM
deep throaty loud. check out this vid.

link to vid (http://ep3boost.com/HTMLobj-209/Magnaflow_Rev2.avi)

chubbychu
12-08-2003, 11:25 PM
comon now, thast a LITTLE rapsy

02civicSI
12-09-2003, 06:46 AM
not when you are inside of the car

Black 02 SI
12-09-2003, 09:17 AM
just put it on this morning after work. must say i like it a lot. sounds pretty close to my old exhaust, which is a good thing cause i loved the way my old one was. i finally ended up taking off the cat from the header and taking it in my garage and used a breaker bar on those damn bolts. there was no way in hell i was breaking them loose under the car in the snow with two jackstands. once out from under the car, no problem. putting everything else back together was easy, started it up, sounded raspy as hell for like 2 secs, then nothing but nice deep sounds. took it for a drive, sounds great. i give it 2 thumbs up for cost, quality, and overall looks. def worth every penny i didn't spend on it ;)

ViViDPeArL
12-09-2003, 09:32 AM
a friend of mine has a magnaflow exhaust...blah, i think it's way nasty when you rev it high, sounds like super rice

IIx 03 EP xII
12-09-2003, 03:49 PM
my magnaflow just came in today. im putting it on tomorrow with one of my buddies. ill get some pics up by the end of the tomorrow as well.

BluePearl03Si
12-09-2003, 06:29 PM
Magnaflow is about as close to perfect as you can get on the EP.

Sleeper styling, incredible worksmanship, good sound, good name.

And all for just over 300 bucks, hell of a deal.

master7
12-10-2003, 01:24 PM
Magnaflow- one of the best mods for the price and great quality!!! I love mine! The OEM dual tip look is the Bomb!

02SilverSiHB
12-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by 02civicSI
not when you are inside of the car
LOL, this alone tells me I'll stay away from that exhaust...just imagine the people that are outside your car...they are probably cracking up and thinking..."what a ricer". I listened to that vid...raspy as hell. That sounds like what my car sounded like with the test pipe in. Embarrassing as hell. that's why I sold it....sooooo glad I read this thread...shew! :eek:

IIx 03 EP xII
12-10-2003, 07:42 PM
i just got my magnaflow installed. and it does not sound raspy inside or out. when it is revved to higher rpm's it gets alot more quiet... almost cant even hear it inside the car. i love it.

BlackSi613nin
12-10-2003, 09:16 PM
i have a magnaflow on myne, i love it, its bassy, and low, not raspy at all compared to the skunk 2 i had on my 01 civic ex.. i definently recomend, i have gotten compliments on its sound also... the sleeper/stock syling is always a plus.

joHn

02SilverSiHB
12-11-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by BlackSi613nin
i have a magnaflow on myne, i love it, its bassy, and low, not raspy at all compared to the skunk 2 i had on my 01 civic ex.. i definently recomend, i have gotten compliments on its sound also... the sleeper/stock syling is always a plus.

joHn
hhhmm, strange, then I guess that guy that made a vid of his didn't install it correctly?

i-WERKS
12-11-2003, 08:37 AM
I think it's just the video. Sometimes the sound in videos are not accurate plus you can't really tell how loud it is from a video.
It does sound smooth from the inside. I wouldn't describe the sound outside as raspy.

Black 02 SI
12-11-2003, 01:08 PM
here is a pic of the exhaust, sorry for the car bein so dirty, but we got over a foot of snow here, and the roads are shity.

Gasp23
12-11-2003, 01:37 PM
Maybe it's raspy because the car is not warm????? This is how my car sounds when it's not warm and I rev it. Afterwards when it's warm it goes away. When I took the sound clip of my car I did it when it was cold and then when it was warm big difference

the JigGa mAn
12-11-2003, 03:37 PM
can someone post a video or a sound clip of a si with the magnaflow from the inside of the car as well as when the car is warmed up and driving off at higher rpms?

Black 02 SI
12-11-2003, 05:53 PM
from inside it's real deep, sounds good. i actually had a friend of mine drive the car so i could hear it. it sounds a tiny bit raspy from outside on full throttle. i love the way it sounds inside and out. you have to remember it still is a 4cyl and really no matter what exhaust you get is going to have a little "ricey" sound. for the money this exhaust is as good if not better than any others i have heard.

thereisnospoon
12-12-2003, 07:14 AM
glad i listened to that vid. no exhaust for me. that thing sounds like every other bondoed up civic with an unpainted body kit that feels they need to rev their fart pipe when they pull up next to me...

Whiteboy
12-12-2003, 08:01 AM
I've had my magnaflow for about 2 months now and I love it. Like others said, maybe his car wasn't warm in the video? Mine sounds like complete shit before it get's warmed up. Also as others have said, it does seem like it's gotten quieter. Great exhaust at a great price.

FCobra94
12-12-2003, 06:31 PM
Yeah, his car was probably cold when he took the vid. You guys need to go to the Magnaflow site and hear the vids from over there.

http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/import.htm

It's the Magnaflow exhaust on a base RSX, but I'm assuming it's the same muffler, etc.

I don't think it sounds that bad. I would like to hear a Greddy EVO before deciding for myself though ;)

Brettnyt
12-13-2003, 01:35 AM
Nope, the exhaust on the base RSX is the single tip... We are unique, but yes, i have heard that the sound is similar...

chinq6t
12-13-2003, 08:49 AM
are there any silencers made for the magnaflow exhaust?

Brettnyt
12-13-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by chinq6t
are there any silencers made for the magnaflow exhaust?

No

styllinep3
12-13-2003, 03:12 PM
if the magnaflow sounds ricey . i want to know what the hell ricey sounds like. i think my maganflow is one of the best sounding 4cylnder exhaust i heard yet. i thought b seriers engine with a fartcan sounded like rice . the a3 with mangaflow and dc 421 header is far from sounding like rice. it does calm down alot after about 2 weeks, and the gians become more noticable.

02SilverSiHB
12-13-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by gabesilver02si
if the magnaflow sounds ricey . i want to know what the hell ricey sounds like. i think my maganflow is one of the best sounding 4cylnder exhaust i heard yet. i thought b seriers engine with a fartcan sounded like rice . the a3 with mangaflow and dc 421 header is far from sounding like rice. it does calm down alot after about 2 weeks, and the gians become more noticable.
did you watch that vid? it sounded raspy sounding...what I would define as a rice exhaust...but that could have just been that vid as others have said that their magnaflow doesn't sound like that.

Driftin SI
12-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Mine sure as hell sounds nothing like that when fully warm, just a nice deep tone. A lot of people have asked me if my car was a 6 cyl just from the tone of the exhaust

02SilverSiHB
12-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Driftin SI
Mine sure as hell sounds nothing like that when fully warm, just a nice deep tone. A lot of people have asked me if my car was a 6 cyl just from the tone of the exhaust
well this is good to hear, guess it was just the vid

Civicvtec1ps
12-13-2003, 10:10 PM
Ive heard Driftin SI' magnaflow catback. Sounds Awesome.
Not ricy at all.

styllinep3
12-14-2003, 07:29 AM
the magnaflow does not sound raspy. i saw your downpipe, cat and mid pipe vid, now that was raspy to me. how can u even make a call like that from 3 little revs. u didnt even heat it under acceleration. thats when its sounds its best . the thing snarls and growls at u .

dtexan
12-14-2003, 07:31 AM
I just installed mine yesterday I think it sounds great just pure deep tone.. Nothing raspy at all

MrCivic03
12-14-2003, 08:12 AM
U GUYS ARE CRAZY WHO THINK IT RASPY... ive had mine for 2 months almost and when i go places i get my dad to come with so he can drive my car home and it sounds so badass when it takes off but given it is warm... if cold and u rev to like 4-6 it sounds horrible but if u get warm and do that is sounds mean. just get a vid of someone drivin it instead of just revvin. and make sure it has been broken in bc it would make u want it more. TRUST ME!!

FCobra94
12-14-2003, 09:50 AM
Now that we got that whole "is it raspy" question out of the way ;) what I would like to know is does it drone at highway speeds? I'm usually around 75-80 mph on the highway and my long commute won't allow for any drone because I'm sure it will get annoying really quick.

What do you Magnaflow owners think?

styllinep3
12-14-2003, 10:43 AM
its quite at all crusing speeds. only loud under accleration. and its not even that loud then. more of a rushing air sound up top then exhaust IMO. my intake drowns it out after 6. i have a header to im sure that changes things

02SilverSiHB
12-14-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by gabesilver02si
the magnaflow does not sound raspy. i saw your downpipe, cat and mid pipe vid, now that was raspy to me. how can u even make a call like that from 3 little revs. u didnt even heat it under acceleration. thats when its sounds its best . the thing snarls and growls at u .
you kill me..here you go...attacking me :rolleyes: when you have no clue...I sold that damn test pipe because of that raspiness...I posted this a long time ago...way to keep up with your smack towards me. I listened to that vid of the magnaflow and that was raspy...now if you read my other replies to you and some others....you say that all of yours doesn't sound like that...I said that's great to hear and never kept saying it was raspy after that...I said it must have just been that exhaust on that car...holy fucking shit! did ya read that clearly now!