PDA

View Full Version : Civic Type R on ebay, kind of...

DrivenImage
12-08-2003, 10:03 PM
Thought this might be of interest

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6256&item=2447625620

:D

Cheers,

Lawrence

Civicvtec1ps
12-08-2003, 10:04 PM
Car looks awesome , Except tach..

SiR_d1
12-08-2003, 10:06 PM
the reserve price must be hella high

william
12-08-2003, 10:15 PM
cool car, but they didnt do a good job of modifying the rear spoiler to fit the USDM car. Oh well, more than I can afford.

ChapSchtick
12-09-2003, 01:22 AM
I've seen a few dealerships around the country doing this sort of thing to try and get the Si to sell better. Some do good jobs, some do bad. But this is the first one I've seen that went to such lengths as to do an all out swap. Despite the asking price of this car, which I am sure is going to run into the $22K range give or take a grand, it will sell...Sadly however, the dealership that did the swap and other mods is not offering a factory warranty, for obvious reasons. So in the event that somethings goes horribly wrong with the car, the purchaser will more than likely be roped into some major "extended warranty" work or be raked over the coals for full amounts...scary.

StrangeShadow
12-09-2003, 01:41 AM
not bad, I was wondering what a blue(kit) type-r would look like.

STP03BlueSI
12-09-2003, 07:23 AM
This is a stuip ?

http://i21.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/07/15/4a_1_s.JPG on the type R's are the grills painted?

BlackNRedSi
12-09-2003, 07:37 AM
its nice, but i think they should take the type r symbol off it...yeah it might be more powerful then a type r, but that doesnt make it a type r.

nice find

eric

jeeesus, they couldnt even mod the damn wing for a cracka?!

http://i15.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/07/2f/b8_3.JPG

looks like a sloppy job if they even tried

sk8flex
12-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
on the type R's are the grills painted?

Nope, they

Suk02Si
12-09-2003, 09:55 AM
For some reason, it doesn't look very good. :confused:

klik
12-09-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
For some reason, it doesn't look very good. :confused:

are u saying it would be better if its black or white. im not sayin blue is ugly but i dont like the set up with the blue color

BlackNRedSi
12-09-2003, 10:12 AM
i cant stress how much that wing looks like shit, everytime i look @ it it makes me wanna puke! Come on honda, get yer sht right! :)

eric

Suk02Si
12-09-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by klik
are u saying it would be better if its black or white. im not sayin blue is ugly but i dont like the set up with the blue color

I'm not sure. Maybe its the bad quality pics, the ugly wheels, or the color of the car itself. It just doesn't look very good.

STP03BlueSI
12-09-2003, 11:16 AM
I think i will e-mail them and ask if they Modded the wing correct?

BlackNRedSi
12-09-2003, 11:17 AM
good idea STP03BlueSI lets see what they say

eric

ps. yeah suk about the wheels i love them,i want them...thats the rims they use on the Wings West Si :) they are very expensive rims

Zigen5
12-09-2003, 11:21 AM
This was the same car that was in the other thread. It was about a $50,000 car that some man had invested in. I can't seem to find that thread. But I see the car has finally made it to Ebay..

Mighty_Mouse
12-09-2003, 02:48 PM
$50,000? Yeah, in your bra!

nyxie
12-09-2003, 02:58 PM
i think the car looks awesome. you can always shave the wing yourself or get rid of the tach or get a black grill. they probably won't warranty it because it won't pass smog. the type r kit looks really nice in blue. :)

SilverEP
12-09-2003, 03:39 PM
Yes I remember that same thread. It had pics of it at night. Guy traded it in for something....cannot remember how the story went. But that is the same car....NC and everything

FIX THAT SPOILER!!!!!!!!:mad: :yellm:

S800Racer
12-10-2003, 08:37 AM
If you read the recent "$40,000.00 EP" thread, this is the same car. Original owner spent HUGE money on it - for example, he had the car shipped to Canada (don't ask me why) and back to get the K20A motor installed.

I know someone at the dealership and she told me it was sold for $25,000.00 and the buyer backed out when the car was put up on a lift and he saw oil on the motor. She says it was only a loose valve cover and the motor is fine but the buyer got cold feet.

If the car is still there next week (I'm out of town this weekend), she wants me to take her for a ride and test drive the car. If they sell it for $25,000 again, it's really a good deal. You can't duplicate that for $25K.
New EP $17K
K20A $ 6K
coil over $ 1K
wheels/tires $ 4K
Brakes $ 3K
Body kit $ .5K

I'm up to $31K and I'm not counting instruments, stereo upgade, Hondata(?), headers, exhaust, etc, etc. I'm also not figuring any labor costs to do it all. The original owner spent at least $40K and probably more.
If anyone here at EPhatch is seriously interested in the car, e-mail me at s800racer@earthlink.net and I will get you in contact with the person I know at Flow Honda. It might help you get past some sales BS and cut to the chase on their price.

S800Racer
12-10-2003, 08:46 AM
If you read the recent "$40,000.00 EP" thread, this is the same car. Original owner spent HUGE money on it - for example, he had the car shipped to Canada (don't ask me why) and back to get the K20A motor installed.

I know someone at the dealership and she told me it was sold for $25,000.00 and the buyer backed out when the car was put up on a lift and he saw oil on the motor. She says it was only a loose valve cover and the motor is fine but the buyer got cold feet.

If the car is still there next week (I'm out of town this weekend), she wants me to take her for a ride and test drive the car. If they sell it for $25,000 again, it's really a good deal. You can't duplicate that for $25K.
New EP $17K
K20A $ 6K
coil over $ 1K
wheels/tires $ 4K
Brakes $ 3K
Body kit $ .5K

I'm up to $31K and I'm not counting instruments, stereo upgade, Hondata(?), headers, exhaust, etc, etc. I'm also not figuring any labor costs to do it all. The original owner spent at least $40K and probably more.
If anyone here at EPhatch is seriously interested in the car, e-mail me at s800racer@earthlink.net and I will get you in contact with the person I know at Flow Honda. It might help you get past some sales BS and cut to the chase on their price.

bryan
12-10-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by S800Racer

New EP $17K
K20A $ 6K
coil over $ 1K
wheels/tires $ 4K
Brakes $ 3K
Body kit $ .5K

Where is Flow Honda?

S800Racer
12-10-2003, 09:50 AM
Winston-Salem, NC

Mighty_Mouse
12-10-2003, 10:26 AM
One problem with your pricing is that you're quoting new prices. What's being sold is a used car with used parts and no warranty. Also, $7,000 for Brembo calipers and wheels is a little out of whack. That being said, I'd expect it to go for around $20,000.

Loose valve cover? I guess that it's possible, but very unlikely.

S800Racer
12-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse
One problem with your pricing is that you're quoting new prices. What's being sold is a used car with used parts and no warranty. Also, $7,000 for Brembo calipers and wheels is a little out of whack. That being said, I'd expect it to go for around $20,000.

Loose valve cover? I guess that it's possible, but very unlikely.

I said you can't replicate it for $25K.
The car in question has 1,600miles on it - virtually new. I also figured a used price on the K20A - I have no idea what you would have to pay for a NEW K20A!
I don't know what all the prices are - I'm taking some guesses on what this stuff costs but I really don't see how anyone could do the same for less than $30K plus labor even with used part pricing.
I don't have any financial interest in the sale of this car so I don't care but the used value of the parts plus the cost of the car is way over $20K.
I agree with you about the warranty issue - that takes away some value. You would also be buying a car that doesn't pass emissions - that would suck.
I don't know about the loose valve cover bit - If I were buying the car I would want to make sure the motor is in good shape.

Mighty_Mouse
12-10-2003, 01:38 PM
I understand. I'm certainly not bagging on you since it's not your car. I'd just be suprised if it sold for $25,000. Since a used Si can be had for around $14,000 with those miles, anyone could replicate that car for about $25,000.

EP3 = $14000
K20A = $4000
brakes = $800
Ex system = $1500
Hondata = $600
Wheels/tires = $2000
Body kit = $1000
coilovers = $1000

Total around $25,000, not including labor. Nothing is labor intensive though. Given that modified cars never sell for what you would think that they're worth, I'd guess right around $20K for this one. Tough to justify more than that for a car with no warranty and nowhere near the performance of something like a used EVO that would blow its doors off (with a warranty).

StrangeShadow
12-10-2003, 03:32 PM
I wouldNOT pay over 15k for it, and the miles on the k20a would have to be about the same. ppl put 20k+ into their CIVIC everyday and can't even sell them for 5k...with all those mods it's still a civic so someone shouldn't expect a lot of money for it.

side note: some homopho was trying to sell his moded gt-s for a lot around where I live...for what he was asking I could get a *new bmw...so yeah, ppl need to remember they aren't exotics just cause you dropped an engine or added boost.

TrippZ
12-10-2003, 08:22 PM
those are NOT the wheels on the ww si, ww si has Konig Holes!!!!!

and YES, that looks veyr nice, and YES, i would trade my Si in for that in a heartbeat!!!!!