PDA

View Full Version : Had it with the the EP!

02NJHondaep3
12-09-2003, 11:32 AM
That's it, final straw. I've broken my:

engine mounts
axles
power outlet
transmission
Gas pedal

The only thing i have is a AEM CAI, HID's and The shifter bushings. My Honda's service sucks. They always claim that i abuse the car when i don't. They make me feel guilty about buying a Honda and working on it. Once everything is fixed I'm going to have the car detailed, fix the rear bumper and I'm putting my stock parts back in. I'm currently looking for another car. I'm going to sell it,return it, whatever get rid of it unless someone can convince me otherwise. I think i'm going to go for awd or turbo. Maybe both.

Zero Three Si
12-09-2003, 11:38 AM
I think you should sell the car...give it to somebody that doesn't abuse it and never come back to ephatch.com again!:p :D

SiR_d1
12-09-2003, 11:40 AM
sorry to hear your having such bad luck with your ride

Suk02Si
12-09-2003, 11:47 AM
I think you bought a rebadged Neon

BlackNRedSi
12-09-2003, 11:49 AM
trade that bitch in for a sRT4 haha im sorry man

02SilverSiHB
12-09-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by 02nighthawksivi
That's it, final straw. I've broken my:

engine mounts
axles
power outlet
transmission
Gas pedal

The only thing i have is a AEM CAI, HID's and The shifter bushings. My Honda's service sucks. They always claim that i abuse the car when i don't. They make me feel guilty about buying a Honda and working on it. Once everything is fixed I'm going to have the car detailed, fix the rear bumper and I'm putting my stock parts back in. I'm currently looking for another car. I'm going to sell it,return it, whatever get rid of it unless someone can convince me otherwise. I think i'm going to go for awd or turbo. Maybe both.
I'm on the verge of giving up on this car. It's okay, not that great. For sure, I'm going to stop modding it now. I'm thinking about returning to stock completely. Not too sure yet though...because I know I won't be able to stand looking at the car in stock form

STP03BlueSI
12-09-2003, 11:54 AM
I LOVE MY EP....sorry had to say it.

Hey since you plan on trading it in are you gonna part it out?:D
Possibly intrested in the HID's:blushm: :smilem:

BlackNRedSi
12-09-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
I'm on the verge of giving up on this car. It's okay, not that great. For sure, I'm going to stop modding it now. I'm thinking about returning to stock completely. Not too sure yet though...because I know I won't be able to stand looking at the car in stock form

come on silva keep your car the way it is, it looks great....dont get rid of it!!!

BlasTech
12-09-2003, 12:10 PM
I can deal with my EP not being perfect because I know no car ever will be.

motomoron
12-09-2003, 01:03 PM
Ok...you've broken your:

engine mounts
axles
power outlet
transmission
Gas pedal

and you don't abuse your car. It is evident to anyone other than your obviously delusional self that you are completely smoking a big fat ten dollar rock. My EP3 is my 4th Honda product with S or Si on the hatch, and I've driven the lot of them a half million HARD miles, and I've had essentially NOTHING ever break or go wrong with them. I've used up clutches on a few, and the 89 and 90 Sis comsumed brake rotors and pads pretty vigorously, but stuff breaking? nope. My EP3? I've done the suspension with Konis, springs, wheels and tires. I drive it to tire limits very often. I check for the presence of the rev limiter in first pretty often.

I don't:

Hold it on the rev limiter and drop the clutch in the totally VHT coated launch area at a dragstrip and ignore the poor car trying to take itself apart from the frantic trammeling of the front end.

Repeat above 'til the half shafts fail

stomp the accellerator pedal hard enough to BREAK IT?

Please!!! Honda builds superb cars with better build quality than Benz these days. They design cars for the lowest common denominator Joe public, so that even the most mechanically insensitive non-driver can have a decent experience, yet still deliver a product that a dedicated engineer/gearhead/artist racer can appreciate on a functional, mechanical, visceral, aesthetic,and performance standpoint.

you don't have a bad car. You're a bad driver. Under your abuse, any car would suck. Buy a nice Neon SRT4. It's a shoddily constructed little crapbox car, but it's got heaps of straightline power, so it would undoubtedly function as a fine substitute for a proper car, and it has a bigger back window than your EP, so there's more room for your HUGE APC stickers.

:yellm:

Stoop
12-09-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by motomoron
You don't have a bad car. You're a bad driver. Under your abuse, any car would suck. Buy a nice Neon SRT4. It's a shoddily constructed little crapbox car, but it's got heaps of straightline power, so it would undoubtedly function as a fine substitute for a proper car, and it has a bigger back window than your EP, so there's more room for your HUGE APC stickers.

:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

van_yammer
12-09-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by motomoron

you don't have a bad car. You're a bad driver. Under your abuse, any car would suck. Buy a nice Neon SRT4. It's a shoddily constructed little crapbox car, but it's got heaps of straightline power, so it would undoubtedly function as a fine substitute for a proper car, and it has a bigger back window than your EP, so there's more room for your HUGE APC stickers.

Face it, Honda sucks. Have you heard about the new Accord? I just hope my Si lasts until 30,000 miles without the engine falling out.

02NJHondaep3
12-09-2003, 01:38 PM
Excuse me, i'm not a bad driver. ALL MY PROBLEMS ARE COMMON PROBLEMS. Before you insult me check your facts and do a search. I dont mash the pedal.Its not really broken its loose but its still annoying cause it squeaks. Sorry Domestic is not the way for me. I dont like apc dickhead. I agree most Honda's are reliable but these new ones are just garbage. I have an 02 which is a brand new car. There's no previous model K20A3s and ep3 transmissions. ITs new therefore it will have problems. Also i've had my mounts checked and honda told me they were fine,i even have paperwork. I had another shop check them and they're broken. Honda Service sucks, I dont beat on my car, you have the asshole mentality most people have when looking at someone like me or my age. They say "Its an Si you raced it and abused it." Just cause i buy a car like this, its doesnt me I race it.

02SilverSiHB
12-09-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
yeah, I can deal with that too, but this squeaking steering wheel is driving me bannas. I hope you don't run into this once you put the jic's on.

van_yammer
12-09-2003, 01:46 PM
There is nothing I can't stand more than people who act like Honda is some infallible super-entity, incapable of error.

And I love how Honda proponents love to say both of the following things:

A) This car is made to take abuse! Anything less than 250,000 miles on a Honda engine is brand new, and that's with redlining every shift, no break in, and no oil changes!

B) Well if you drive it hard, what do you expect? It's not Hondas fault you're an idiot!

"Please!!! Honda builds superb cars with better build quality than Benz these days. They design cars for the lowest common denominator Joe public, so that even the most mechanically insensitive non-driver can have a decent experience, yet still deliver a product that a dedicated engineer/gearhead/artist racer can appreciate on a functional, mechanical, visceral, aesthetic,and performance standpoint."

The new Accord doesn't have better quality than Kia these days.

What is an artist racer?

BlasTech
12-09-2003, 01:47 PM
Yep, the little things will drive you nuts, but they're fixable. A spot weld might be all you need on that shock.

As for the gas pedal, mine made a little squeak, but lithium grease took care of it lickety split. Clutch and Axels going bad--- you cant blame someone for thinking its gotta be a drag racer.

ConeCrazy02
12-09-2003, 01:51 PM
No squeaks whatsoever with the jics on.

RedLight_Si
12-09-2003, 01:55 PM
I wouldnt really care about the problems Im having with my car if Honda would just fix them and stop saying all the problems Im having are normal. Such as my creaking clutch pedal and my creaking front end. But then again I would.

02SilverSiHB
12-09-2003, 01:56 PM
Yep, the little things will drive you nuts, but they're fixable. A spot weld might be all you need on that shock.

not sure if that will work, not too mention koni warns strictly against that and that the shock could explode.... :eek:
From what I've been reading, this creaking sound is something about honda's new design...some get it, some don't. even with stock shocks. It usually happens when lowered...not sure if you read up on that in the suspn area
By the way, I'm at work right now, can't check my email :D I had problems trying to access that ftp server.

02SilverSiHB
12-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
come on silva keep your car the way it is, it looks great....dont get rid of it!!!
:D don't worry, It's probably just my time of the month to bitch :D

BlasTech
12-09-2003, 02:03 PM
My clutch pedal creaks too, but only once every couple of months... same thing I just spray the lithium grease and its fine again.

That clutch pedal does get a hell of a workout!

I guess spot welding wouldnt be optimal would it. :D

David K.
12-09-2003, 03:52 PM
This is my first, and possibly last Honda. My 02 so far has had a rebuilt tranny, two busted windshields, creaky clutch, creaky entire front suspension, and now it has no A/C. I'm also out of warranty.

icegrill
12-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Good luck getting a fucking brand new sport/luxo car for $16k. The si is by far the best Honda I've ever driven, my list includes 93 civic si, 95 integ. GSR and a 01 V6 coupe all of the cars had their issues. The newer the car the less quality parts become, it's just somthing that I've come to discover. I think our cars are pretty goddamn solid. I mean breaking axles?!!! Give us a break. :rolleyes: Most people aren't enthusiasts so they don't think twice about the little noises that we analyze for days. I can honestly say that the skill and common sense of the driver greatly affects how the car performs and maintains. If you don't shift correctly, it's not the cars fault. I agree that most Honda dealers are complete assholes especially their service and parts, but shop around for a good dealer to take your car to for service. Like bio said no car is pefect and thats the truth. I'm sure everyone knows someone or has a family member who bought a new Audi, BMW, Lexus, Volvo or Benz that has had much more severe problems than anything mentioned about the ep. My long 02. about all the bitching about the si.

Vierge99
12-09-2003, 05:35 PM
Had my Ep3 for almost a year now. No problems. I even neglect oil changes every now and then. I have over 20k miles on it already. I love this freaking car and I'm going to keep it well into the 100k range. Should be next year sometime... lol

HokieSi
12-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
trade that bitch in for a sRT4 haha im sorry man

Your profile pic rox

Mugen_EP
12-09-2003, 06:07 PM

GAWD DAMN IT!!! Took the words right outta my fuckin mouth. For everyone who wants to trade in their EP read the line above written by, "The Great BlasTech".:mad:

I'm really getting tired of these bitching threads. If you dont like it, get rid of it. Hell if it was up to the EP it would probably trade YOU in!!!!:mad:

-Tony

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
12-09-2003, 06:13 PM
They say "Its an Si you raced it and abused it." Just cause i buy a car like this, its doesnt me I race it.

LOL...look at this guy's sig:

"Where do you shift?....... Usually fuel cutoff"

Sure you don't race it.
You don't break axles driving like a granny.
Transmission problems I could see, that seems to be a hot topic with the EP, though I've never had a problem at all with mine.
<knock on wood>

chubbychu
12-09-2003, 06:30 PM
man dont just give up...its something you work at. =o) Personally, there must be 10lbs of duct tape in my door pannel keeping it from rattling...just get those things fixed and you shoudl be good. dont just quit...and its really not cool that your dealership is bad. but odnt let that discourage you.

mod on. and make your car better =o)

bratkat64
12-09-2003, 07:03 PM
1990 Honda EX/EX-R - JHMCB7666LC030682
My previous Honda had tranny issues when my parents bought the car for me and the car had 147,670 miles on it when they had given it to me. Prior to that it was sitting in a lot for 2 yrs. I fixed so many things on that car only to have the ins company total it cause it was old later on cause of a minor fender bender. Mileage was 171,373 when it happened and I had owned it for 1 yr and 6 months. I cried.

Then I bought the SI spur of the moment cause the bf liked it and I really needed a new car. I also had to return the rental neon the next day.

Now, 14,680 miles later (every service on time except the last oil change which was 600m overdue) the transmission failed at a stop sign when my friend put it in to 1st for it to go. It revved, but wouldnt move. Tried again and only slide forward into the road. We gave up, popped it into neutral and pushed it onto a parking spot. Wham, here I am today. 3 days later and they still haven't looked at my car.

I was a Honda freak until this. At least the problems on my accord were from the car being old and unmaintained before I got it. It was expected. This didn't make any sense. Since about July or so, I have hardly driven my car at all. I put about 2500 miles a month on my car between April and July (around 10,000 miles) when I was driving to Atlanta on a regular basis (- the 730 already on the car when I bought it). I've driven around 4000 miles since then. My car then got nails in the tires so I couldnt go above 60 mph (cruise control became my best friend). Then at the install meet, Scott swapped my tire to the back in hopes it would make a lil difference since he couldn't do anything without the right tools. The rest of the time my car has been chilling in the parking lot or in the garage.

I would understand if I abused my car, but I don't. My car has been involved in tray sliding 2 times back in June (once with me driving and stalling cause I was still new to a manual and once with Brandon driving - both times taped - obvious by the avatar). That's the only abuse I can think of. We raced one night, but my car with me driving cant keep up with anything. I lost both runs. I learned to drive a manual on it back in April.. could that be part of it? I haven't ground any gears since I started (I had a lil practice on Andys saturn prior). I've redlined my car once and that was by accident back when I was learning. = P

If they fix it, I'll be happy. Right now I'm just frustrated cause this happened at the worse possible time. Merry Christmas to me! I miss my car = (

bratkat64
12-09-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
GAWD DAMN IT!!! Took the words right outta my fuckin mouth. For everyone who wants to trade in their EP read the line above written by, "The Great BlasTech".:mad:

I'm really getting tired of these bitching threads. If you dont like it, get rid of it. Hell if it was up to the EP it would probably trade YOU in!!!!:mad:

-Tony

I'm sorry. = ( I miss my car I really do! I'm just mad cause they aren't getting around to getting her looked at. They said it would take 7 hours to do. They havent even moved my car. It's been 3 days without her now.

Rueda del Queso
12-09-2003, 07:20 PM
Hmm, I would suggest a thread to compile a list of Honda dealerships that have good service dept's and really crappy ones. I have had virtually no experience with my dealer since I bought the car though so I don't really know about any good/bad ones.

bratkat64
12-09-2003, 07:53 PM
Good idea! Gwinnett Place Honda is where my car is staying for the moment. It's in Duluth Ga for those who don't know.

My problem is the closest dealer to me is Gwinnett Place. I've heard both good and bad things about them. Next closest is mall of ga 15 miles away. Imagine the bill for the towing there! It cost us $65 as it was to get my car towed to Gwinnett Place 2 or 3 miles away.

Hopefully they will hurry up and fix the car. Both me and one of my roomates are out of a car, hence the super complication cause he was using my car to get to work. I am a firm beliver that everyone should have a second car that works. = D

02NJHondaep3
12-09-2003, 08:03 PM
First off my sig was something a girl told me and i thought it was pretty funny. Doesnt mean i do it. I broke both my cv joints which Honda in turn replaces the whole axle.I changed a tire the thread breaks off the hub with the hand wrench. Now you tell me i've abused the car?. My friends,parents and people i know believe i drive stick fine and it is my first manual transmission car. I was advised by 2 mechanics that my car was just a lemon. Its not me. I'm not a bad driver. Hondas may not be invincible but they should take at least the daily drive. I raced it twice at the track. I stopped racing it and after a month these problems come up. My problems are common. I loved my ep3 when it worked right. I changed my oil almost every other week and i check all the fluids. I wash it a lot too. I babied this car. My mounts and my transmission shouldn't break as easy as they did. You all seem like your against me. I thought this ep brotherhood was better than that but by the look of things i was wrong.

OH YEAH ADAM wheres my custom eyelids?

02NJHondaep3
12-09-2003, 08:07 PM
Honda replaced 2 of the 4 mounts and tells me the other ones are fine after i drove a week without 1 engine mount. Another Honda dealer charged me $900 parts + $200 labor for 1 axle. Honda said they'd fix most not all of my problems. A friend of mine conviced me to give it one more chance and i will. I love the car but if Honda gives me anymore bs thats it. I'm picking up an Evo 4 or GTI.

2k2_nbp_egg
12-09-2003, 09:08 PM
Just hit 23K, and I feel ya Mike, this creeking steering wheel is driving me fucking nuts too. The other thing are these shocks...god they're so blown. I drove over a speed bump somewhat quick (wouldn't have even been close to being a problem stock) with daniel and dave in the car and holy SHIT that sucked. And i'm getting alot of weird ass creaking noises when I turn etc.

Oh well, I didn't really pay for the car, and I still love the damn thing to death. Just need some koni's and rims now...and a K24 with a type S head...and a quaife...and a JDM 6 speed...and an RSX front end...;)

icegrill
12-09-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm picking up an Evo 4 or GTI. Your parents must really love you:*

peenaySI
12-09-2003, 10:22 PM

A:M:E:N:D

Vertigo
12-09-2003, 10:37 PM
I agree with you 100% BlasTech!

If Honda made and then sold rocks, i'm sure some of you would find a way to break it!

RedLight_Si
12-10-2003, 12:00 AM
Some are less perfect than others.......

BluePearl03Si
12-10-2003, 12:35 AM
MOST CARS MAKE NOISES! Rattles, squeaks, they keep Click and Clack busy on the radio.

Ferraris make noises, the one tested in the latest car and driver had carbon fiber body peices and sounded like a squeaky matress when subjected to hard cornering. So what? it's a mechanical device with hundreds of moving parts, subjected to forces of heat, weather, gravity, torque, tempature changes, whatever. If the interior squeaks, isolate the squeak and put something between the rubbing parts.

You will not get a quality car besides a Toyota, hey, toyotas are reliable as heck! We used to have a camry with 250,000 miles on it without much trouble. But they are not very exciting either, the celica GTS has less torque than us yet sells to chicks for 25K all the time. The Matrix XRS is a true beast. The MR2 is a fun, pure midengine car but the spirit is gone........and where's the Supra? Oh yea, no market for it?

You are not going to find anything in the under 25K range worth driving besides the WRX, which has some intresting reliability problems as well, and the RSX, but it's a "Honda" so I suppose that's not good enough. Running from one peice of sheet metal to another isn't gonna save you with the lax quality control of most companys, and Honda is guilty of this too. But damn, Toyotas are boring as fuck. The MR2 Spyder is the only car that ever gets mention in SCC besides the Supra and the final generation MR2....ya know, the one that had a turbo and wasn't designed to be a cute lil' miata's bitch?

And hey!!!!! I am very sorry if you got a lemon! It fucking sucks, I know the feeling. If you can pursue the lemon law, do it. If not, make them fix it. Have fun with it, make the service managers life a living hell.

I love my EP, flawed or not. :*

oldschoolimport
12-10-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by RedLight_Si
I gave on my EP a long time ago.
Go for a Toyota. BIG MISTAKE. my mr2 went thru 3 turbos, and 4 transmissions in less than 10k miles.

STP03BlueSI
12-10-2003, 06:04 AM
I will say it again..

I LOVE MY EP!!! actually his name is stitch. and he loves me.:blushm: :smilem: :angelm:

RedLight_Si
12-10-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by oldschoolimport
BIG MISTAKE. my mr2 went thru 3 turbos, and 4 transmissions in less than 10k miles.

Whats the whole story on that? Im interested.

oldschoolimport
12-10-2003, 07:44 AM
redlight_si this for you!

it had 100k on it when I bought it, 92 turbo. #2 synchro was going out along with the clutch. put a factory clutch in and had a toyota tech build the trans. 3k later #2 and #3 synchro. during the tear down I checked the turbo and it was wobbling, BAD. pulled it and had it built. changed the shift linkages, also changed the master and slave cylinders out of hope that was part of the problem. 1k later turbo bearings went out, 2500 later, tranny crunching. built trans again. lasted about 2k and I sourced out a salvage trans. meantime, the turbo shaft was loosening, bad bearings. upgraded to supra specs in turbo. salvage trans went out. sold it with a new supra ct-26 and the trans on a pallet. I have driven 5 speeds for 14 years, and I am convinced some part of the shifting mechanism ie cables, mounts, something, was tweaked and contributed to the problems with the trans. the turbo turned out to be the shop that built it. the car eating trannys I feel was inherent to that particular car.

and I also destroyed a ram powergrip clutch, fingers collapsed and pulled the hub springs out warping the hub, and ram "offered" to f*ck me with a new clutch for wholesale when they are "supposedly" guaranteed to last 3 times stock. Quote the raven, "NEVERMORE".

one more thing, my neighbor has a 02 camry se that the brakes loose pressure, 9 times now. toyota can't fix it, and say for his wife and kids to drive it til they can duplicate it for the 3rd time at the dealership. thats on top of the 9 times they have had it happen to them. thats why I say f*ck toyota. rattles are nothing, at least our brakes work.

bratkat64
12-10-2003, 08:31 AM
Can I get an opinion on this and tell me if all this sounds right:

Tim: HEY
*** Auto-response sent to Tim: Sleep!
Me: hey
Tim: SUP
Me: what is a rear differential
Tim: WHY
Tim: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT A DIFFERENTIAL IS?
Tim: DAMN RICERS
Me: cause the reason my transmission died it cause it sheared off
Tim: YOU DON'T HAVE A REAR DIFF
Tim: YOUR CAR IS FWD
Me: well i read thing and a forget
Tim: SO YOU MAY HAVE BLOWN YOUR DIFF
Me: well honda said my rear diff sheared
Tim: I DID THAT AT THE RACE TRACK IN MY SVT
Tim: YOUR DIFFERENTIAL IS WHAT DIVIDES THE POWER TO YOUR AXLES
Me: how does it happen?
Me: cause i dont dog my car
Tim: A LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL DOES THE SAME THING ONLY IT ADJUSTS WHEN ONE WHEEL LOOSES GRIP AND TRANSFERS POWER TO THE NON-SPINNING WHEEL
Tim: COULD HAVE BEEN SET WRONG FROM THE FACTORY
Tim: DIFFERENTIALS SIT ON THE RING GEAR WHICH EXTENDS FROM THE CASE INSIDE THE BELLHOUSEING
Me: yeah but they might not cover it under warranty
Me: which is the problem
Tim: WHEN YOU SET IT UP, THERE HAS TO BE AN EXACT AMOUNT OF PRELOAD AND END PLAY (AND I MEAN EXACT) , YOUR DIFF AND TRANNY WILL GO TO SHIT A FEW THOUSAND MILES DOWN THE ROAD
Me: okay how would i break it
Me: if its not their fault
Tim: ITS INTERNAL, YOU CAN BREAK IT BY RAGGING ON THE CAR
Me: it broke at a stop sign
Me: O.o
Tim: WHEN YOU WENT TO START MOVING AGAIN?
Me: yeah
Tim: IF HE DID A CLUTCH DUMP IT'S VERY LIKELY
Tim: WELL NOT VERY. BUT IT MAKES SENSE
Me: how do you dump a clutch cause all he did was put it into gear and try to move
Tim: REV THE RPMS, DROP THE CLUTCH AND MASH THE GAS
Tim: SAME WAY YOU GET WHEEL HOP
Tim: WHEEL HOP DESTROYS A DIFFERENTIAL
Me: i dont do that
Me: and he sure as hell didnt
Tim: OKAY
Me: i was with him
Tim: SO WHAT'S THEIR REASONING FOR NOT WARRANTYING THE PART
Me: he's been driving like a grandma since his accident
Me: we dont know yet
Tim: YOU MAKE EM SHOW YOU WHY
Me: andy went up there to see what it was and take pictures and i know already they are going to say it was our fault. = P
Me: andy plans on it when they call him back
Tim: HAVE THEY TOLD YOU SPECIFICALLY THAT THEY DO NOT PLAN TO FIX IT
Me: not yet
Me: they are still looking at everything
Tim: AIGHT, DONT' JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS THEN
Tim: IT DOESN'T COST THEM ANY MONEY TO FIX IT
Me: well here is another question
Tim: THE WARRANTY COMPANY PAYS FOR IT
Tim: WHAT?
Me: when he put it into gear and tried to go and it wouldnt, was the car already messed up or did we make it worse when we tried to go
Tim: SO HE GOT IT INTO GEAR, LET OUT THE CLUTCH AND NOTHING HAPPENED RIGHT?
Tim: JUST REVED THE ENGINE
Me: yeah thats all that happened
Tim: THAT'S A BLOWN DIFF
Me: and we rolled forward cause we were on a hill
Tim: AT THAT POINT YOU HAD NO GEARS SO YOU CAN'T DO ANY MORE DAMAGE
Me: so it blew the diff between leaving the parking spot and the stop sign
Tim: YOU CAN PUSH THE CAR ALL AROUND TOWN AND NOT DO ANY MORE DAMAGE

bratkat64
12-10-2003, 08:42 AM
I also asked about the thing that records stuff since what my friends told me didnt make sense. My bf wanted me to look into it:

Me: im screwed
Me: i dont want my car anymore
Tim: YOU SHOULDN'T BE
Tim: I DON'T SEE HOW IT'S YOUR FAULT
Me: whats worse is it only has 14000 miles on it!
Tim: ARE THEY KNOWN FOR WEAK TRANNY'S
Me: i put 10000 (-730 that came on it) when i was working
Me: yeah
Me: but they havent issued recalls yet
Me: i think they should
Tim: THEY WON'T
Tim: TRANNY WORK IS TOO PRICEY
Tim: TO RECALL 30000 CARS
Me: yeah but everyone is having problems
Me: 13000 i think
Tim: YEAH WHATEVER
Tim: THERE'S A BILLION CIVICS
Me: lol
Me: okay what records stuff on your car
Me: someone told me obd2
Tim: YOUR PCM
Tim: ODB2 IS A SCANNER
Me: oh ok
Tim: WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING TO ABOUT THIS STUFF
Tim: ??
Tim: JEEZUS
Me: lol
Tim: YOUR PCM IS A COMPUTER.
Me: well someone said the odb2 did something
Tim: PCM STANDS FOR POWERTRANE CONTROLL MODULE
Me: something about emissions and such
Me: would it be able to tell them stuff?
Tim: ODB2 IS THE SCANNER THE DEALER USES TO READ THE CODES THAT YOUR PCM THROWS WHEN SOMETHING IS WRONG
Me: oh okay
Me: that makes more sense
Tim: MOST NEW PCMS KEEP A LOG OF ALL THE CODES EVER THROWN SO THE DEALER CAN TELL WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE CAR
Tim: HELPS THEM IN WARRANTY CASES
Tim: STOP ASKING RETARDS CAR QUESTIONS

RedLight_Si
12-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by oldschoolimport
redlight_si this for you!

it had 100k on it when I bought it, 92 turbo. #2 synchro was going out along with the clutch. put a factory clutch in and had a toyota tech build the trans. 3k later #2 and #3 synchro. during the tear down I checked the turbo and it was wobbling, BAD. pulled it and had it built. changed the shift linkages, also changed the master and slave cylinders out of hope that was part of the problem. 1k later turbo bearings went out, 2500 later, tranny crunching. built trans again. lasted about 2k and I sourced out a salvage trans. meantime, the turbo shaft was loosening, bad bearings. upgraded to supra specs in turbo. salvage trans went out. sold it with a new supra ct-26 and the trans on a pallet. I have driven 5 speeds for 14 years, and I am convinced some part of the shifting mechanism ie cables, mounts, something, was tweaked and contributed to the problems with the trans. the turbo turned out to be the shop that built it. the car eating trannys I feel was inherent to that particular car.

and I also destroyed a ram powergrip clutch, fingers collapsed and pulled the hub springs out warping the hub, and ram "offered" to f*ck me with a new clutch for wholesale when they are "supposedly" guaranteed to last 3 times stock. Quote the raven, "NEVERMORE".

one more thing, my neighbor has a 02 camry se that the brakes loose pressure, 9 times now. toyota can't fix it, and say for his wife and kids to drive it til they can duplicate it for the 3rd time at the dealership. thats on top of the 9 times they have had it happen to them. thats why I say f*ck toyota. rattles are nothing, at least our brakes work.

So you bought the car knowing it possibly needed some trannsmission work and a clutch? What was the previous history of the car? Were you given the service records? Sounds like the car was very abused before you got it,but thats the risk you run buying a used car. There was a TSB for the transmission though for "M/T - Improved 2nd & 3rd Shift Feel".

As far as the Camry,what do you mean by losing pressure? Does the pedal go all the way to the floor? Make a grinding noise? Ive read up on this and have been reading some complaints about these brakes and they pretty much all say the same thing and seem to be consistent of the ABS working. Thats what I get out of it anyways.I remember when I had my 2002 Civic EX and one night I was driving around and went to use my brakes and all of the sudden they just kinda gave out and there was a weird grinding noise. I was freaking out. I later found out that was actually the ABS working. Duh. But anyways let me know if your neighbor ever gets this "fixed".

oldschoolimport
12-10-2003, 04:16 PM
when I bought the car, 2nd was notchy, so I knew it would need the trans built. my old roommates dad was a toyota tech and he built it for cost of parts while it was out for the clutch. no biggie. the clutch I figured was just time. it was a cousin of mines and I found out lots after I bought the car. I still think that after the trans was built with new synchros and bearings and 2 new gears it SHOULD have been right. not my problem anylonger.

the camry, the brake pedal hits the floor. no resistance. the master cylinder has been changed, booster has been changed, the calipers are dry. the dealership has duplicated it twice there. the trouble shooters for southeast toyota could not duplicate it for the third time, so jay was told to take it home, stick his wife and kids in it and hope for the best. he has since gotten a lawyer. "get the feeling-toyota" their slogan, not mine.

02NJHondaep3
12-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Your parents must really love you

No my parents love me naturally. but i pay for my car and insurance in NEW JERSEY. I work hard unlike half the spoiled brats on this board. I work 30-40 hours and go to school full time. I pay for that too. If i want an Evo 8 I'll work my ass off and get it. I'll max out cards if i have to. I'm that dedicated to my cars because no matter how shitty my life is going I know i can go out and enjoy a nice ride in a beautiful car. Driving is my form or meditation. Why does everyone go straight for attacks rather than suggestions?

bratkat64
12-10-2003, 08:38 PM
Well we're mad about our cars. Because they havent all experienced what we have, they feel that we abuse our cars and have to defend Honda. I just did the same thing to a few people not too long ago. Now my car is out of service. = P

What goes around comes around.

I'll love Honda again if they fix my car under warranty. Otherwise I'm selling it and getting something else.

bratkat64
12-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Finally pics showing why my car is fucked up. Someone please explain to me what happened.

http://rancidracing.com/alesiaimages/sheareddifferential1.jpg
http://rancidracing.com/alesiaimages/sheareddifferential2.jpg
http://rancidracing.com/alesiaimages/sheareddifferential3.jpg
http://rancidracing.com/alesiaimages/sheareddifferential4.jpg
http://rancidracing.com/alesiaimages/sheareddifferential5.jpg
http://rancidracing.com/alesiaimages/sheareddifferential6.jpg
http://rancidracing.com/alesiaimages/sheareddifferential7.jpg
http://rancidracing.com/alesiaimages/sheareddifferential8.jpg

!@#$%
12-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by bratkat64
Finally pics showing why my car is fucked up. Someone please explain to me what happened.

woah. While reading through your explantions of what happened, my initial impression was that your clutch went out completely.

After seeing the pics, it looks like what would maybe happen if you shifted not using the clutch at all.

That entire housing is jacked.....something else happened. If you truly don't know what it was, I will bet you money that your room mate or the person you are sharing the car does. They aren't telling you something because trannies go out, but they don't create random holes like that.

I run my car hard everyday and have no tranny problems at all. Why is everyone having all this crap? My steering wheel doesn't squeak. My shocks aren't blown (progress). Only rattle I had came from my aftermarket exhaust which hit the sway bar. I've ran the strip at least a dozen times and the axles are good as new. Only things I've worn out so far on the ep would be tires, and even then I'm working on having my 3rd full set which I don't really need, maybe a clutch this spring.

I'm missing the panel underneath my steering column (i think honda took it when i got my alignment done) and i have a ding near the back from some douche. Other than that my car is 10X better than the day I bought it.

If you can find an rsx-s tranny for cheap, I would jump on it. That's just me.

bratkat64
12-10-2003, 10:48 PM
Problem is I wasnt driving when it happened so I have no idea. He looked like he was doing everything fine. My car had been acting a lil weird but my bf said it was fine and since this was my first manual I was like okay and went on. = P

rs_1101
12-10-2003, 11:10 PM
oh my good lord. that is crazy. ive never seen a tranny do THAT before..

bratkat64
12-10-2003, 11:36 PM
Heh dont ever let anyone else drive ur car.

BlackNRedSi
12-11-2003, 07:35 AM
Heh dont ever let anyone else drive ur car.

thats rule number one for a car that you love...
(not bashing, i have learned this shitty lesson myself after letting a stupid bitch (no pun) drive my ep...)

I dont let NO1 drive my car, i dont care who they are, or how great of a driver they are....

as for the photos in question, that $hit looks dumb fucked up, someone wasnt doing their job while they were shifting...I honestly cant see anyother way that could have happened...

STP03BlueSI
12-11-2003, 07:53 AM
Eww that hurts.. That is the 2nd Tranny i have seen look like that since i have been workin for a car dealership.

The first one was a Ion Sedan with manual trans. They took the car off the truck and the gear arm went thru the casing and made a set of holes that were the size of 1/2 dollars, The car only had 8 miles on it.

BlasTech
12-11-2003, 08:18 AM
bratkat, you are a victim of someone's outright ass-hattery. They should pay for it, its blatant.

bratkat64
12-11-2003, 08:31 AM
Heh I still dont know what happened. My friend was pulling out of the parking spot and we stopped at a stop sign. Then he put it into first and tried to go - all it did was rev. We both were like WTF. So he tried again. Still just revved. I was like lemme try, maybe ur not doing something right. My car wouldnt do a thing but sit there and rev. So we pushed it into a parking spot since we were still in the publix parking lot and called a tow truck. We thought it was leaking oil cause thats kinda what it looked like, but no, it was some transmission stuff. Called a tow truck and 4 days later - wham - pics and no answers.

The dealer said that it happened instantly and we had to be at high speeds (like 50 mph +), but we weren't. So, I don't know. I've had people tell me it can happen going from 4th to second, but we didnt do that cause he only made it to second. I've had people tell me it had to be factory defect cause of how it happened. It could be done by ragging on the car, it could have been set wrong from the factory, ect. If I was driving and could explain what happened better, I would be like yeah "blah blah blah" - but I didn't feel like driving. So my friend drove. He's driven my car a 100 times before and this is the first problem my car has had. Tires do NOT count as a problem.

So who knows. My car is pretty much f*cked. I still owe money on it and I bet they won't cover it under warranty. Oh well. I didnt want a manual anyways.

trk
12-11-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by ConeCrazy02
No squeaks whatsoever with the jics on.

word.

same here... no more creaks with the mugens.

I do have rattles in the glove box and a couple other spots... and I warped/destroyed my rotors/pads in under 15000 miles... but I race the car and I am starting to expect some of that to happen. Quality is relative to need.

02SilverSiHB
12-11-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by trk
word.

smae here... no more creaks with the mugens.

what did you have before? I'd hate to have to get something like that when I forked out the money for these konis...I hope to fix this,if not, then mugen setup is probably the best for me. I don't plan to change the height.

trk
12-11-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
what did you have before? I'd hate to have to get something like that when I forked out the money for these konis...I hope to fix this,if not, then mugen setup is probably the best for me. I don't plan to change the height.

Eibach sportlines on stock shocks/struts.

siep
12-11-2003, 11:42 AM
I have the Mugens and they still make the noise near the steering rack. I had Eibach sportlines and H&R's prior to my current setup. :o

rs_1101
12-11-2003, 12:17 PM
have u ever had problems shifting bratkat? some one said the damage looked like someone didnt use the clutch and i was thinking of the clutching problems some of us have been having..

gets you thinkin..

guess u have a good excuse to buy a type s 6 speed!

bratkat64
12-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Well my car would shift funny.

Like when you bought the car, it would shift smoothly around 3 or 4 like an automatic. Then it started shifting rough around 3 or 4. I dont know. My bf kept telling me it was fine. Now the car doesnt work when I should have taken it in before. No one ever believes me, they just think I am overreacting. I hate being a woman. >= |

Oh well, I could just leave him with the car since it's in his name and say "It's your problem now". Too bad I'm not like that ..

evilep3
12-13-2003, 08:42 PM

damn thats pretty harsh, but i agree i love my car and if i take care of her she will take care of me. I TRUST HONDA, bottom line.

sorry to see ya go, but if i see ya drivin a focus or a neon(srt) im gonna have to laugh my ass off... and if you are looking for sock boost or awd the only option is Subaru, later

Driftin SI
12-13-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by evilep3
[B]

and if you are looking for sock boost or awd the only option is Subaru, later

or Audi

NamingException
12-13-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Driftin SI
or Audi

Or Mitsubishi.

FCobra94
12-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by BluePearl03Si
MOST CARS MAKE NOISES! Rattles, squeaks, they keep Click and Clack busy on the radio.

True that. I work at an Audi dealership and drive A4's, etc every day. The very worst of what people on here describe about their rattles, can only be expected in those cars...with only 3 miles on the odo! :eek:

I have a slight clunk towards the passenger side of the dash in mine and that's it, but it's no where near as bad as that of a $30K+ Audi...

bratkat64
12-17-2003, 09:12 AM
Well the verdict is in and both corporate and the dealer say that they refuse to cover it under warranty. I'm going to go shoot myself now.

oldschoolimport
12-17-2003, 10:48 AM
how much will it be if they box it up and you come tow it home as it sits. I would put a used 6 speed in it before I pay them 5 times that to just go back stock. good luck.

bratkat64
12-17-2003, 10:57 AM
I just want the car gone honestly. I don't want to deal with this crap. It shouldn't have happened and now they won't fix it. For all I know my roomate is lying to me about how he treated my car the 3 days I wasn't with him and he could have caused it. But I know he won't take responsibility and fix it either.

STP03BlueSI
12-17-2003, 11:43 AM
I just want the car gone honestly. I don't want to deal with this crap. It shouldn't have happened and now they won't fix it. For all I know my roomate is lying to me about how he treated my car the 3 days I wasn't with him and he could have caused it. But I know he won't take responsibility and fix it either.

aww i am sorry..:crym: :sadm: bastards...

bratkat64
12-17-2003, 01:13 PM
I hate life.

oldschoolimport
12-17-2003, 05:48 PM
let me help put this in perspective. you have a broken transmission, I am looking divorce down the nose. wanna trade?

not trying to be a dick, but the car can be fixed and sold. I will be dealing with shit for the rest of my life.

rbloedow
12-17-2003, 05:59 PM

I'll buy the clunker off of your hands for $5k :angel: You won't ever have to see it again.

bratkat64
12-17-2003, 07:18 PM
Well there is more to it than that.

audomatik
12-18-2003, 02:01 AM
i just wanna say one thing...

I LOVE MY EP3 AND MY HONDA DEALERSHIP...

well i guess that was two things. my honda dealership is the best. i had the slight grind in between 2nd and 3rd. let a honda tech drive the car, couldn't repeat the problem cause he was shifting like a retard. but on the way back he tried again and it did it a little. i said thats it. he was doing something like putting it between neutral and 2nd and in between neutral and 3rd. he said sometimes the synchros don't seat right and if you work it like he was doing it can fix it. he also said he noticed some play in my clutch. he fixxed the clutch and ever since, the car has been A OK. no grinds whatsoever. one problem fixed.

i didn't have my code to my radio. i unplugged the battery to install my ground wires, shit. i had no radio for like 2 days. went in and they pulled my radio out, got the code and voila. another problem fixed.

hell, i got a freakin christmas card from the guy that sold me my car. does that give you an idea of how cool my dealership is?

i love this car.

i pay for it, i pay for the insurance. with the payment and the insurance its about $385 a month. i work at circuit city making $7 an hour. on top of the car, i have school loans, credit card bills and right now christmas presents to buy. i barely have some money to eat and get gas. luckily my parents love me a little and feed me every once in a while. since i'm 20, i try and respect my parents by not mooching off of them.

but back to the car. the day i drove it off the lot, i had a huge smile. i still have that smile to this day. i absolutely love the car. people complain all the time about it being slow and blah blah blah. i came from driving an automatic 89 prelude. 140 hp rated at the shitty flywheel in 1988. in 2003 my car couldn't even beat focuses or neons. the transmission was horrible and the car had 195,XXX miles on it.

i love this car.

160 hp and 130 lbs/tq is amazing for a USDM civic. the past Sis were deprived of torque and power unlike our cars. the K20A3 is a good engine, of course it doesn't compare to the A2 but thats apples and oranges. we have two different head designs and two different style vtecs ie: we have intake only and they have both intake and exhaust. my car has about 9000 miles on it and its faster then when it was new. i installed a set of Spoon ground wires and have a 2" midpipe. of course this could have a miniscule amount to the increase in performance but its a lot faster. my tires are great hardly any tread wear and i get wheel spin at the top of 1st gear, raw torque.

i love this car.

my mom drives a 2002 Jetta GLS. leather interior, leather seats, etc. she has had more trouble with that car then her 1991 plymouth voyager. i'm not saying VWs are horrible, i am a vdub fanatic. but troubles happen in every manufacturer. every make, every model. she called me the one day saying her car was bogging and popping and it was stuttering. i said turn around and drive to the dealership. by the time i got off the phone with her, she said the car was fine and was good for about two weeks. then her CEL came on. i said call the dealership. she called and the tech had the nerve to say, we're busy come in on monday if the CEL is still on. it was thursday. so she takes it in on monday and her water temp sensor was failing and reporting all sort of non-sense to her ECU. the tech that repaired the car said and i quote "why didn't you bring the car in when you noticed the light" the nerve of these people.

she just got her complete interior trim replaced too. if you've ever been in a newer VW they have a sort of rubbery covering over vents and the arm rests and center consoles. well after about 3 months it begins to peel and crack and rub away. her interior looked fucked and her car is barely two years old. so she bitched and they replaced it all for free. damn york has some awesome dealerships (minus that idiot tech that told her about the CEL) they always wash her car for her and vacuum it out. too bad my honda dealer doesn't do that.

one more time. i love my car.

i could go on and on and on. sure i could've gotten other cars. svt focus was number one until i actually drove it. it just wasn't what i expected. let down by all the hype. wanted a gti vr6 but it was too $$$. neon srt4??? forget it, its still a neon. watch in 30,000 miles you'll hear something bad about these cars. i already know a couple of people with 3,000 miles complaing about dash noises and crappy seats etc. the Si was on the bottom of the list of cars i wanted. i drove it out of curiosity. i was one of the die-hard honda kids that said, oh they gotta be slow its not a b-series blah blah blah, the shifters on the dash thats gay. i took it all back after i drove it. the car was faster then i was lead to believe, the shifter is by far the best i've ever laid my hands on, etc.

I LOVE MY CAR!!!

freidaddy
12-18-2003, 02:26 AM
Sorry to hear that, but when I finish paying my car off, I going to motorex and geting a skyline gt-r. I can't wait. I'll still keep my ep though.:p

bratkat64
12-18-2003, 10:18 AM
I miss my car I'm just fed up with the dealership I took it to.

bratkat64
12-18-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by rbloedow
I'll buy the clunker off of your hands for $5k :angel: You won't ever have to see it again.

I still owe $13700 on it plus the $525 to get it from Honda.

03BlueSperm
12-18-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by audomatik
i just wanna say one thing...

I LOVE MY EP3 AND MY HONDA DEALERSHIP...

well i guess that was two things. my honda dealership is the best. i had the slight grind in between 2nd and 3rd. let a honda tech drive the car, couldn't repeat the problem cause he was shifting like a retard. but on the way back he tried again and it did it a little. i said thats it. he was doing something like putting it between neutral and 2nd and in between neutral and 3rd. he said sometimes the synchros don't seat right and if you work it like he was doing it can fix it. he also said he noticed some play in my clutch. he fixxed the clutch and ever since, the car has been A OK. no grinds whatsoever. one problem fixed.

i didn't have my code to my radio. i unplugged the battery to install my ground wires, shit. i had no radio for like 2 days. went in and they pulled my radio out, got the code and voila. another problem fixed.

hell, i got a freakin christmas card from the guy that sold me my car. does that give you an idea of how cool my dealership is?

i love this car.

i pay for it, i pay for the insurance. with the payment and the insurance its about $385 a month. i work at circuit city making $7 an hour. on top of the car, i have school loans, credit card bills and right now christmas presents to buy. i barely have some money to eat and get gas. luckily my parents love me a little and feed me every once in a while. since i'm 20, i try and respect my parents by not mooching off of them.

but back to the car. the day i drove it off the lot, i had a huge smile. i still have that smile to this day. i absolutely love the car. people complain all the time about it being slow and blah blah blah. i came from driving an automatic 89 prelude. 140 hp rated at the shitty flywheel in 1988. in 2003 my car couldn't even beat focuses or neons. the transmission was horrible and the car had 195,XXX miles on it.

i love this car.

160 hp and 130 lbs/tq is amazing for a USDM civic. the past Sis were deprived of torque and power unlike our cars. the K20A3 is a good engine, of course it doesn't compare to the A2 but thats apples and oranges. we have two different head designs and two different style vtecs ie: we have intake only and they have both intake and exhaust. my car has about 9000 miles on it and its faster then when it was new. i installed a set of Spoon ground wires and have a 2" midpipe. of course this could have a miniscule amount to the increase in performance but its a lot faster. my tires are great hardly any tread wear and i get wheel spin at the top of 1st gear, raw torque.

i love this car.

my mom drives a 2002 Jetta GLS. leather interior, leather seats, etc. she has had more trouble with that car then her 1991 plymouth voyager. i'm not saying VWs are horrible, i am a vdub fanatic. but troubles happen in every manufacturer. every make, every model. she called me the one day saying her car was bogging and popping and it was stuttering. i said turn around and drive to the dealership. by the time i got off the phone with her, she said the car was fine and was good for about two weeks. then her CEL came on. i said call the dealership. she called and the tech had the nerve to say, we're busy come in on monday if the CEL is still on. it was thursday. so she takes it in on monday and her water temp sensor was failing and reporting all sort of non-sense to her ECU. the tech that repaired the car said and i quote "why didn't you bring the car in when you noticed the light" the nerve of these people.

she just got her complete interior trim replaced too. if you've ever been in a newer VW they have a sort of rubbery covering over vents and the arm rests and center consoles. well after about 3 months it begins to peel and crack and rub away. her interior looked fucked and her car is barely two years old. so she bitched and they replaced it all for free. damn york has some awesome dealerships (minus that idiot tech that told her about the CEL) they always wash her car for her and vacuum it out. too bad my honda dealer doesn't do that.

one more time. i love my car.

i could go on and on and on. sure i could've gotten other cars. svt focus was number one until i actually drove it. it just wasn't what i expected. let down by all the hype. wanted a gti vr6 but it was too $$$. neon srt4??? forget it, its still a neon. watch in 30,000 miles you'll hear something bad about these cars. i already know a couple of people with 3,000 miles complaing about dash noises and crappy seats etc. the Si was on the bottom of the list of cars i wanted. i drove it out of curiosity. i was one of the die-hard honda kids that said, oh they gotta be slow its not a b-series blah blah blah, the shifters on the dash thats gay. i took it all back after i drove it. the car was faster then i was lead to believe, the shifter is by far the best i've ever laid my hands on, etc.

I LOVE MY CAR!!!

WELL-WRITTEN

nintendobratkat
12-19-2003, 01:08 PM
I dont understand why ephatch randomly logs me out.

Possible good news?

Well after talking to a lawyer and a head honda tech I know this:

1. To shear a diff you must being moving at a decent speed and slamming it into a wrong gear and going.

2. It happens instantly and no more damage can be done further to it.

3. The car can not be driven after that happens.

4. It happened when daniel and i were at publix, meaning even if he had dogged the car before, it still did not happen until that very moment in the parking lot.

5. Honda is wrong.

I can talk to them according to Honda Carlands Service Manager and if I am nice there shouldn't be a problem. If so, then there is the next option:

1. Get it in writing that the dealership AND Corporate headquarters of Honda that they are refusing to abide by their contract with the warranty that the car is under regardless if they think it's "abuse" or not
it's a matter that they are refusing to uphold the warranty

2. Ask for their names, manager names, phone numbers, Dealership numbers. Once you get as much info from them, inform them that this will be used to contact BBB (Better Business Burea) so they can be investigated.

3. Find a small claims lawyer to take them to court. Sue them for replacement of parts AND lawyer fees.

bratkat64
12-19-2003, 01:11 PM
I always forget I have a different login name on this site. = P

STP03BlueSI
12-19-2003, 03:20 PM
Bratkat..let me know if u need ne thing. ok.

Sounds like Honda is wanting to play your way.

jo3y
07-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Well the Si seems to be the car you either hate or love. Personally I like it somedays and not others. In any event its just a machine, like any car. If you know how and why machines work you can drive any car to its limit without breaking it. My 2002 (first year & modified !) Si is at 40k right now and ill tell you this car has been to hell and back and its still together. Its been raced its whole life. Ive let my friends race it - well the ones who know how to drive - and i'll agree with the people on the board saying that your mechanical problems are because of your SHIT ASS driving skills. I drive a lot of high end imports in my line of work and you have to drive the Si like its an Si and not like its an M5 or viper. Everyone whos on this forum know the transmission is the weak part of the car so drive it like that. Redline that k20a3 all day but fully depress your clutch when shifting and revmatch, its not that hard. Dont worry you people that are exploding your axles, or melting your clutches driving a car is not really that challenging and im sure you'll pick it up soon enough

Buckeye34
07-14-2004, 09:47 PM
wow you brought this thread back to life!

SIxtasy
07-16-2004, 12:39 AM

This guy sounds like he drives a VW. He should be on Vortex, in the MKIV forum.

- Jeff

tony speed
07-16-2004, 09:11 AM
i don't know man....i grind my clutch sometimes, redline weekly, hit the rev-limiter every now and then, hit the curb, spun out and hit a concrete wall...44,000 miles and my si is still going strong.....no complaints at all.

I fix all my problems myself because i don't trust mechanics unless i know them very well.

02NJHondaep3
07-16-2004, 09:32 AM
end of story I love my car and i'm keeping it. close this old ass thread please.

the giant ep3
07-16-2004, 10:17 AM
first off I love my si. i look forward to driving it whenever the chance arises. i look forward to getting off work, not cause i want to leave work, but so that i can drive my little ep3. if you compare the interior quality of our cars to that of any other car in its price range you will find that there is not a single one that is close to the same quality and build. my gf drives a matrix xrs. the interior on that car is the cheesiest most plasticy piece of poop. it is fun to get it into lift at 6k, but the damn thing feels and sounds like it is going to fall apart. she loves when i let her drive my car because it is far more quiet and so much smoother as far as shifting and driving goes. the ep3 handles like a dream and the power that is available throughout the power band is so nice compared to the older si's(i owned one). now i like how at the start of this thread it was i never race and drive nice, then it was well i raced a few times and this is my first stick. not to say that you are a bad driver, but that sounds like a few things that might lead to some of the problems that you are having. if you are not happy with the honda quality and build and think it is going to get better with a mitsu or subaru or another car you are in for a big dissappointment. i work at a honda dealership and the number of subaru wrx's and evo8's that we see come down to try to trade out of is huge. a lot of times we can't help cause they are so buried with inequity, but we usually have 3-4 times as many imports from brands other than our hondas in our pre-owned department. that oughta tell you something. the new accord is sweet, don't know who was bashing it, but you have to be off your rocker to think that there are any sedans in its class that compare to it. i am done. hope that you are not seriously dissappointed if you get out of it and into something else.

03silverEP
04-25-2008, 09:13 PM
it's about SHItty RELIABILITY!!!!
70,xxx

broken axle, wheel bearings, ball joints, water pump, intake pipe dryrotted, end links broken,

Honda reliability is a thing of the past :(

RAMSES EP3
04-25-2008, 09:40 PM
im kind of considering selling mine also just cause soon we wont be able to get the after market parts that we want they seem to be discontinuing everything that i want :mcry:

Godhand
04-26-2008, 05:02 AM
I wish everyone who thinks about getting rid of their ep3 would just get rid of the damn thing. It's clearly obvious that you don't want it, so just get rid of it, so it can either: 1. Sit at the stealership and make for even less ep3s on the roads or 2. sell it to someone who would appreciate the damn thing.

I bought an ep3 because I love hatchbacks, and I can't really see why anybody would buy it if they didn't really dig a hot hatch. I didn't consider looking at an rsx-s because to me, they look like shit next to an eg, ek, ep, and let alone a dc2.

Long live the last honda hatch.

VanDiesel
04-26-2008, 05:13 AM
get the r8 like i did,youll love it

Emerica459
04-26-2008, 07:26 AM
:meek: ANOTHER ZOMBIE THREAD :meek:

Too bad, there was a thread in general car talk before the crash where this line of thinking was discussed.

NitroBoarder
04-26-2008, 10:38 AM
I wish everyone who thinks about getting rid of their ep3 would just get rid of the damn thing. It's clearly obvious that you don't want it, so just get rid of it, so it can either: 1. Sit at the stealership and make for even less ep3s on the roads or 2. sell it to someone who would appreciate the damn thing.

I bought an ep3 because I love hatchbacks, and I can't really see why anybody would buy it if they didn't really dig a hot hatch. I didn't consider looking at an rsx-s because to me, they look like shit next to an eg, ek, ep, and let alone a dc2.

Long live the last honda hatch.

glad someone said it.

when I announced on my old prelude forum that I was getting an EP3, EVERYONE said, why not a rsx-s? it's in the same price range, and a lot nicer/faster. yea...and they are a dime a dozen around here, whereas I've only seen 2 other EP3's in my area (blueEP3piece & and a silver 04-05 I spotted at the 113/29 juncture while I was gettin gas) both of which I've only actually seen once. Long live the last honda hatch indeed.

Emerica459
04-26-2008, 10:47 AM
glad someone said it.

when I announced on my old prelude forum that I was getting an EP3, EVERYONE said, why not a rsx-s? it's in the same price range, and a lot nicer/faster. yea...and they are a dime a dozen around here, whereas I've only seen 2 other EP3's in my area (blueEP3piece & and a silver 04-05 I spotted at the 113/29 juncture while I was gettin gas) both of which I've only actually seen once. Long live the last honda hatch indeed.

agreed, it being a hatchback was really the main selling point for me. I only later found out about it being shafted by honda in the engine department.

rs_1101
05-10-2008, 05:36 PM
wooooooo..... ! zombie thread! ill say hi!

EPandaman29
05-10-2008, 05:45 PM
dang thats a lot of bad luck...good luck with ur next ride. SUBARU!!! awd and turbo woot woot

mannyboy23
05-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Hey my car has the creaking steering wheel and funny noises cornering and the 22mm sway bar is clunking on the lca so I just learned to live w/it and to blast the radio

oldschoolimport
05-11-2008, 07:52 PM
the 22mm sway bar is clunking on the lca so I just learned to live w/it and to blast the radio
its upside down. :mwink:

Windchaser
05-11-2008, 07:54 PM
its upside down. :mwink:

or maybe there is a ghost pushing hanging on it . . .

BeaterEP
05-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Face it, Honda sucks. Have you heard about the new Accord? I just hope my Si lasts until 30,000 miles without the engine falling out.

Just wondering WTF you're doing on this particular forum? :noidea:

And BlasTech, F Yeah!

Jesus, it's like the Si is supposed to be the end all be all of sport compact cars sometimes...tell you what, you don't like your Si kids, go drive a '99 Nissan Sentra (base model) around for a few days, and tell me that your little EP3 doesn't maybe, just maybe offer up a little more in the way of fun to drive.
I've been stuck tooling around in my wife's car the last few days waiting on some brake pads to show up, and holy shit do I miss my little blue eggmobile!

Is the EP3 the bestest car ever? No.
For the money, and what was on the market when Honda released it, is it a pretty awesome little piece of fun daily driver? You're goddamned right it is.

If you really dislike the car that much, why are you even here? Go somewhere else, or stfu...so tired of hearing this shit.

/rant

PS
Oh, and van_yammer, if you're that worried about the car, sell it to someone who will enjoy it and leave. Sheez.

SinisterCivicSi
05-14-2008, 11:32 AM
i love my ep, had it for almost 6 years... just put a k24 in her... lets see her go another 6?

maybe if some of you guys took better care of the car you wouldnt have all these issues? (dont get butthurt, that wasnt directed to ANYONE so get out of your feelings)

remember - when you mod a car, reliability goes down.... just keep that into perspective.

you cant rip all the oem parts off and still expect it to drive like a stock car or have oem reliability... thats just ignorant.

Zeth
05-14-2008, 11:11 PM
get the r8 like i did,youll love it

as in audi r8:meek:.... i bet you do love it thats a damn nice car:mtongue:

3ree_P
05-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Dude get rid of your car so somebody that wants an ep could have it, go get a school teachers jetta you'll prolly enjoy that you fruit cake!

frm_808
05-15-2008, 04:00 PM
as in audi r8:meek:.... i bet you do love it thats a damn nice car:mtongue:

haha r8

id get a veyron

ts ep3
05-16-2008, 01:01 AM
you must run that shit hard

civicsipower03
05-18-2008, 09:14 PM
i know a thing or two about abusing my car on the racetrack and i never had any problems with any of my performance parts but when it comes to driving on the streets you can put my in the old ppl with buicks driving category and it irretates me that ppl expect my to by driving like a freak whenever thers a read light everyone lines up behind my only to find out they not going anywhere any faster.