PDA

View Full Version : Will 18's fit okay?

Blue03CivicSi
12-09-2003, 01:27 PM
I am getting ready to buy a set of 18" Kazera KZ-Rs from www.tirerack.com sometime within the next two months and am curious if they will fit without any modification. I will be lowering my car 1.5" with Tein springs sometime soon as well. The rims are 18x7 and the recommended tire size according to TireRack is 215/40-18. Here are the wheels (http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/DisplayWheel.jsp?wheelMake=Kazera&wheelModel=KZ-R&wheelFinish=Silver+Painted) and here are the tires I want (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=ECSTA+Supra+712) . ;-) Also, for those of you who have 18s, how much rubber do you have (thickness of sidewall), and do you have any worries about potholes? This car, starting next week, will no longer be a daily driver, so I am not terribly worried, but I don't want to drop $1,000 on rims and tires only to bend a rim. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Edit: Just wanted to let you know that the pics show 5-lug, but these wheels are available in 4. I'm sure you all are smart enough to figure that out on your own, but I don't want any replies that they won't work on my car 'cause they're 5-lug. lol.

liljosh63
12-09-2003, 02:48 PM
nah your cool man. there will be no problems with rubbing or anything. i have 18's with skunk 2 coilovers slammed all the way down, still no rubbing but yea avoid the potholes. i have hit some big ones and no bent rim yet but damn those curbs will tear the hell out of the side of em lol :D

02silverep3
12-09-2003, 07:23 PM
Dude you'll be fine I've ground controls all the way down and I drive every day On 18's. I even stuck a friend of mines 20's and they fit. Looked good too. Anyways dont get to close to those curbs, and get a good alignment. Also dont park on the those curbs that slope from the street to the sidewalk, if you do make sure that you stay out from the curb. Dont park with your tires on the curb because you will get flat spots, especially if you decide to run 35 series tires like me. PeAcE

Brettnyt
12-09-2003, 10:25 PM
would 18x8s fit? I was lookin at the buddy club rims and the 18s that I found only come in 18x8... rather wide.... I would have these with neuspeed race springs... any problems?

Blue03CivicSi
12-10-2003, 06:03 AM
Cool. Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I am looking forward to getting these rims. I will have the money to buy them in three weeks, but I am going to have to wait at least another couple of weeks, 'cause if I order the rims and tires together, TireRack will mount and balance 'em before they ship them, at not extra charge. :D

oldschoolimport
12-10-2003, 06:34 AM
I hope santa gets my letter :D
http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/millemiglia/swap/daisy_ci3_l.jpg
Oh shit, I told him the wrong wheels!!! :o

Blue03CivicSi
12-10-2003, 07:01 AM
oldschoolimport: LMAO. I hate those farkin' wheels. I swear I actually saw those on a VW Bug. It was scary...especially since it was a guy. I'm not even gonna make a gay joke or anything, 'cause it's just plain wrong to have those wheels, male or female.

oldschoolimport
12-10-2003, 07:26 AM
I was checkin out your wheels and saw those. they are aweful.
you made a good choice. the 18s will look killer on your hatchie.

Blue03CivicSi
12-10-2003, 09:22 AM
oldschoolimport: Thanks. I chose those particular wheels because I really like the split 5-spoke design. Honestly, if our stock wheels were 17", I wouldn't be wheel shopping...but I can't wait to get those 18s. :D

MrCivic03
12-10-2003, 02:26 PM
hey brett is these the wheels u lookin at, i cant wait for my 17"s to come from chuck i love them they look so hot. they are 17" X 7.5" and if i go bigger than a 45 series i will rub. so i wouldnt try 18 X 8 unless u pop those wheels out...eheheh

EDIT** ask Kis4KEN about the buddy club wheels he is runnin 18"s and dont kno how they run but he prob doesnt rub. ask him for any answers...

Brettnyt
12-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Nice, yeah, those are the wheels... I suppose they do look great in 17"s now that i have seen them on other cars... Any clue on the price with some rubber? 17x7.5

RacingCivicSi02
12-10-2003, 05:14 PM
18's should fit fine. Im on 18x8 buddy clubs. Like the ones they shown. with H&R 2in drop. They fit fine. Tire sizes are 215/35/18 on Falken ZE 512

My ep is the 4th EP to the left. The ones with the Buddy clubs

Blue03CivicSi
12-11-2003, 06:17 AM
Wow...not much rubber at all. Looks good, though. Btw, how the hell did you get so many white EP3s together at the same time?? Oh, and is that pearl-white I see on the far right one?

RacingCivicSi02
12-11-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Blue03CivicSi
Wow...not much rubber at all. Looks good, though. Btw, how the hell did you get so many white EP3s together at the same time?? Oh, and is that pearl-white I see on the far right one?

yea not the much rubber. We had a meet last Sat so that how we got so many EPs out there. I think the EP all the way on the Right is Championship white. Im not very sure though.

Blue03CivicSi
12-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Man, I wish I lived out in Cali. I've only seen a few EPs in southern Indiana, besides mine. There are only three that I see on a regular basis. Two of them are silver and all stock...one of those is owned by a guy in his 40s, so it will most likely stay that way. The other is owned by a younger guy about my age (I'm 19). It is still all stock, but may end up with something done to it. I don't know, tho, since I've never met the guy. The other one is a black one, which is always parked at the mall. I'm assuming the guy works somewhere in the mall, but I've never seen him, and I've never tried to track him down since I live 25 miles away. It's black (as I said before), with dark tint (20%?), exhaust, and gunmetal rims. It looks pretty good, but it needs to be lowered. I'm probably gonna wait and buy my rims and Tein S-Techs at the same time. :D