PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed short shifter

03SiBlack
12-09-2003, 04:18 PM
i searched on this but didnt come up with what i wanted. i Wanted to get a new shifter for my car. Where can i get a short shifter? Whats the difference? How do i install it and also what are the shifter bushings of something?

nyxie
12-09-2003, 04:23 PM
the neuspeed short shift kit is simply a bolt-on piece that places a bushing for the shifter cable in a higher spot so it allows shorter throws. shifter bushings replace the rubber bushings that have some play with aluminum ones so the shifts feel more precise. you can feel each gear engage better. don't expect super dope results from the bushings, but you do feel a difference and it is good for the price.

03SiBlack
12-09-2003, 04:25 PM
where can i order it?

andy
12-09-2003, 04:25 PM
"Neuspeed AND short" - over 7 pages of threads. (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=234163&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending&perpage=25&pagenumber=7)

"shifter AND bushings" search - 3 pages of threads (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=234168&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)

In short, the Neuspeed short shifter is really just an adapter for
the shifter. Will decrease the throw of shifts, but some don't like
it and others say to just get a shorter knob (that's what I did and
I'm fine with it). Others really like it and it is fairly cheap.
The steel/metal bushings replace the OEM rubber bushings. Will make
the feel of the shifter more "tight". Some don't like it, even though
it is a fairly cheap mod. Others enjoy the new, firmer feel.

02civicSI
12-09-2003, 04:27 PM
i recently got both the neuspeed ss and the aluminum bushings and i like the way it feels now. tight feel and of crouse the shorter throw. took me a while to get used to but i like it.

03SiBlack
12-09-2003, 04:30 PM
how do you change the bushings and the shifter do you just unscrew the oem shifter and replace it?

nyxie
12-09-2003, 04:49 PM
there is a how to section in this forum they have the shifter bushings install on there and trust me use it! not too sure about the neuspeed install, but that shit is easy and they both come with directions.

neuspeed = super easy

bushings install = not terribly bad.

03SiBlack
12-09-2003, 04:51 PM
yep found the directions and place to buy bushings now looking for a short shifter

STP03BlueSI
12-10-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by nyxie

bushings install = not terribly bad.

Unless you drop a bushing.:shockm: :blushm: :sadm:

03SiBlack
12-11-2003, 06:53 PM
hey guys can you recomend a place where i can order the short shifter? Also what do i do to install im really bad at that kind of stuff. Is it under the car or something? Also would this void any warrantees at honda?

Peking
12-11-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by 03SiBlack
hey guys can you recomend a place where i can order the short shifter? Also what do i do to install im really bad at that kind of stuff. Is it under the car or something? Also would this void any warrantees at honda?

Like Andy was kinda pointing at, the search feature would be of some help. Showstoppers would be the place, no it is not under the car. A product can only void if it directly causes the problem, there are many threads on this already.

oogy-boogy
12-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Short shifter + bushings = Super happy EP owner.

Huge difference from stock in regards to shifting comfort and precision. I would def recommend them to anyone.

skooba
12-11-2003, 09:13 PM
Neuspeed Short Shifter (http://www.tornactive.com/pd_neuspeed_billet_short.cfm)

Short Shifter Install Directions (http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=NS_EP_SS)

fsugatorbait
12-12-2003, 07:44 AM
If you order from tornactive, dont forget the ephatch5off promo ;)

03SiBlack
12-12-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Peking
Like Andy was kinda pointing at, the search feature would be of some help. Showstoppers would be the place, no it is not under the car. A product can only void if it directly causes the problem, there are many threads on this already.
woah take it easy i just got on this board and sometimes the search feature doesnt help me because i have to go through 10 threads to find the info and sometimes it not what i was looking for. Anyway thanks to everyone who helped me find what i was looking for. Im going to be ordering my bushings and short shifter now hopefully i can install the two without messing it up im really bad when it comes to mechanic stuff im thinking off taking to to the honda and having them install it or a local shop to do it if it looks like i wont be able to do it. But thanks for your help everyone!

oogy-boogy
12-12-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by 03SiBlack
woah take it easy i just got on this board and sometimes the search feature doesnt help me because i have to go through 10 threads to find the info and sometimes it not what i was looking for. Anyway thanks to everyone who helped me find what i was looking for. Im going to be ordering my bushings and short shifter now hopefully i can install the two without messing it up im really bad when it comes to mechanic stuff im thinking off taking to to the honda and having them install it or a local shop to do it if it looks like i wont be able to do it. But thanks for your help everyone!

Def do this yourself. Easy as heck...1 hour tops to get both done.....

Feel free to pm me. I can def help you out with some pointers if you'd like.:D

thugfolife2
05-12-2004, 07:57 PM
where is Tornactive's store located

oogy-boogy
05-13-2004, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by thugfolife2
where is Tornactive's store located

My bad. It was RoBear.

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27711