PDA

View Full Version : If you think of going turbo (fuel return solution?)

Whooopasss
09-17-2002, 09:54 PM
Read this from clubSi. Zipp22 has a solution for adding more fuel with out using a fmu.. then use the new j&S safeguard v2 4 channel (can controll 4 coils as in our cars).. looks like a streetable turbo for our cars is very duable.. all we need now is that damn turbo manifold.

http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB12&Number=1202890&page=0&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

02SilverSiHB
09-18-2002, 04:13 AM
I doubt that will work for us...he's more familiar with the b series than our engines. It will piss me off if we can use the J&S V.2 on our cars (which I highly doubt since VTEC is different on the b series versus the k series). I had one on my previous JRSC civic....cost like 500 with a monitor. :mad: I left it in the car when I traded it in, the dealership wanted everything that was in the car........................ :mad: I could have sold it and..........sorry, I'm ranting!

Whooopasss
09-18-2002, 11:29 AM
this is what I got from ZIp regarding using his unit on our 02 Si

"I currently don't have a wiring diagram for the 02 Si but the SMC only needs power, MAP signal, and rpm signal to properly function. "

So it looks like it will work, now with the J&S version 2, if you used it with your 99-00 Si then you were using the 1-2 channel model.. there is another model that has 4 channel that is for cars with 4 coils (EP) also, as far as I know, the Vtec wire for the J&S is only a signal wire that tells the J&S unit that the Vtec is on and should expect more noise.

The J&S Safeguard V2 retards on boost and retards again on detonation.. sound fun..