PDA

View Full Version : Ultra High Performance All Season Tires

mancalvo
12-09-2003, 05:45 PM
I just order some ultra high performance all-season tires.
After debating between the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S and the Continental ContiExtreme Contact (A New Tire on the Market). The ContiExtreme Contact is only 99 bucks versus 198 bucks. The ContiExtreme has slighly better rating on wet surface or snow than the Michelins. I will let you guys how they turn out in the next snow storm. We just got a foot! I am currently using 215/45-17
:D

irrational
12-12-2003, 05:36 AM
www.neogentire.com ? i have these and they are pretty good but living in cali i dont get to experience any severe weather conditions.

Loudpedal
12-12-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by mancalvo
I just order some ultra high performance all-season tires.

If you have not already ordered, don't waste your money. Simply get a set of stock sized winter tires, and a set of summer tires. When compared against real winter and summer performance tires, all seasons do nothing good by comparison.

Mighty_Mouse
12-12-2003, 10:33 AM
Stay away from the Contis. You can't trust what the idiot end-users rate tires on tirerack. The Contis are very mushy, average in the wet and have some balancing problems. I just went with a set of PZero Nero M+S. So far, so good.

Driftin SI
12-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Loudpedal
If you have not already ordered, don't waste your money. Simply get a set of stock sized winter tires, and a set of summer tires. When compared against real winter and summer performance tires, all seasons do nothing good by comparison.

Best advice right there.