PDA

View Full Version : Eibach pro kit or sportlines

fASTBACK
09-17-2002, 10:44 PM
I dropped mine with the Eibach pro kit. Theres is still a three finger gap. I have 205 40 17's. I know this kit wouldnt drop it that much but wished it was a little lower. The handling is awsome though and it looks alot better. Does anybody else have a pro kit. And for those who hase the sportlines. Is the camber really off?

sicivic2002
09-17-2002, 10:50 PM
I have the Eibach Sportline here is a pic of the front you can see the gap. There really isn't any front camber. Not sure on the back the shop suggested adjustable arms so I don't know how off it would be.

civic hatch boi
09-17-2002, 10:51 PM
sicivic, that drop looks great.

sicivic2002
09-17-2002, 10:55 PM
Thanks here is the back too. I can fit maybe a finger and half back there.

civic hatch boi
09-17-2002, 11:29 PM
damn those sportlines look good. how much were they? i might be able to get teins for $200. which would be better? people say Teins are the best.

sicivic2002
09-18-2002, 01:00 AM
I am not sure which one is better Tein or Eibach. The Eibach ran me $249. I have heard that Teins are great quality.

ApexinSi
09-18-2002, 04:27 AM
The back looks a little higher... Anyone got any more pics of different springs w/stockies?

X 2KS2K
09-18-2002, 05:46 AM
I'm trying to decide the same thing, should I go with the pro kit, or sportlines? I'm more concerned about performance than looks. Any advice?

fASTBACK
09-18-2002, 07:11 AM
I was told at my shop in Houston, Tx( CARBOY ) that the pro kit doesn't need a camber kit and that he suggested that i would go with that. He said the sportlines require a camber kit unless u want to buy new tires every 3 to 4 months. I believe the kits are expensive too. The handling is awesome on these springs. I have 205 40 17's and there is a three finger gap all around but it looks real nice. You can distinctly tell that it is dropped though but it is not slammed. i took it road racing with the springs and it handles like a dream. My fastest time was 68 seconds which is pretty good for my class. I'll will post some pics soon. :D

X 2KS2K
09-18-2002, 07:30 AM
thanks for the advice. i'm definitely leaning towards the pro kit. have you noticed any unusual wear on your tires at all?

silver ep
09-18-2002, 07:45 AM
will you all be getting shocks with your sportlines/pro-kits?

fASTBACK
09-18-2002, 07:46 AM
No, not at all. as long as u get an alignment afterwards than there wont be. My brother is about to get a set for his Ep too. I've got mine for $230 bucks at my shop.

Jeremy R
09-18-2002, 07:59 AM
Hey Fastback,
You would not have any pics would you?
Right now, I am planning on the pro-kits with a
205 45 17 tire. I race mountain bikes and I have to
take my car on gravel roads etc... So I can't have a
slammed car. Also, I care about performance more than
looks as well. I was worried that an inch drop would not make
enough of a difference handling wise, but you seem to be happy
with the handling, right? Was the improved handling something
that you noticed right away?

sonic imperial
09-18-2002, 08:18 AM
Are you using the stock shocks? How long will the original shocks last with a pro-kit?

fASTBACK
09-18-2002, 08:48 AM
I am using the stock shocks right now. They should last me about 30 thousand miles i believe. I am extreamly pleased with the handling. It handled awsome when i took it road racing. The ride is less bumpy than sportlines. There is a three finger gap though but it is not ugly. U can tell that it is dropped. Ive got lots of compliments so far. The front bumper is lower to the ground but not too low to scrape on moderate inclines. Will post pic a.s.a.p. :D

sicivic2002
09-18-2002, 08:51 AM
It actually sits pretty even. I think it's just the distance I was away in each picture is different. I will try and get a side shot of the whole car today and put it up here for you guys to see. The ride isn't bumpy and it corners very well I am very happy with them.

sicivic2002
09-18-2002, 12:03 PM
ok here you go.

PoRT
09-18-2002, 12:10 PM
goto www.coximport.com. i got my sportlines for $208 shipped, and my AEM CAI for 220 shipped good prices

sammysir
09-18-2002, 09:32 PM
guys everyone's taking this camber thing way to out of proportion by the way with macpherson strut in the front camber is basically adjusted automaticaly and unless you like a 3 inch drop you have like less than 1% negative camber in the rear get big wider tires makes the wheels have bigger contact patch and sit fine. YOU DON"T NEED TO SPEND THAT MUCH MONEY ON CAMBER KITS. If you go GC's or some other coilover and wanna have it sit on the ground so you can be the "lowest" kid in town then sure get em. Also if your that concerned with tire wear rotae the front and rears every oil change youll be fine

PoRT
09-18-2002, 11:30 PM
agreed. i dont have a camber kit and i have sportlines and i love them!

sniperSI
09-19-2002, 01:32 PM
If you go to vtec.net and watch the videos they made of a full walk thru of the SI

From driving, to autocross, to on a lift

they actually show where underneath in the back how you can manualy adjust rear camber on the new SI.

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=11984

kick ass videos

HondaMan
09-19-2002, 02:04 PM
Coolness, I've seen that article but didn't realize they had so videos. I'm going to pass on the camber kit for now (basically cause I'm poor now). :)

sicivic2002
09-19-2002, 03:52 PM
Those videos don't have anything about manually adjusting the rear camber.

Busta J
09-19-2002, 05:00 PM
Can someone post pics of the Eibach pro kit on stock rims...

HondaMan
09-19-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by sicivic2002
Those videos don't have anything about manually adjusting the rear camber.

They do, but nothing we could really do.

JSIR
09-20-2002, 06:51 PM
I got the Pro-kits because I feel that the stock shocks are really good quality/performance pieces, and the Pro-Kits will work best with the stock shocks. I'm pretty sure our shocks are the same as CTR shocks. More agressive springs will wear out the stock shocks quicker IMO. Pro-Kits are very close to CTR springs, just a bit more agressive from what I can tell. So good overall match to the stock shocks. I'm not crazy about the slammed look, just want to lower the wheel well gap a tad and increase performance as well. So they seem like the right spring for me. I haven't installed mine yet though.

02TafWhtSi
09-21-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by JSIR
I got the Pro-kits because I feel that the stock shocks are really good quality/performance pieces, and the Pro-Kits will work best with the stock shocks. I'm pretty sure our shocks are the same as CTR shocks. More agressive springs will wear out the stock shocks quicker IMO. Pro-Kits are very close to CTR springs, just a bit more agressive from what I can tell. So good overall match to the stock shocks. I'm not crazy about the slammed look, just want to lower the wheel well gap a tad and increase performance as well. So they seem like the right spring for me. I haven't installed mine yet though.

my thoughts exactly - which is why I bought them and have nothing but great things to say 2 months later :D

HondaMan
09-21-2002, 09:15 PM
I'm happy with my Progress springs...very good ride/performance.

2fastcivic
09-21-2002, 10:56 PM
the life of the stock shocks w/ eibach springs just all depends on how you drive your car and where you drive it. i had a 97 civic dropped with neuspeed sports (1.75in). its been dropped for about 4 years now and my factory shocks are still good. and if you are gonna pay that much for just springs, might as well put out alittle more money for gc. but thats just me.

i02si
09-22-2002, 02:52 PM
i'm thinking about buying either sportline or progress. i have 17 inch wheels which spring would drop the car more.