PDA

View Full Version : The EP is SAFE!!!!

Zero Three Si
12-10-2003, 06:11 PM
I got to rent a car today. 2004 Chevy Malibu with 1200 miles on it.

Let me tell you I did NOT feel safe it in one bit. I spent a little more than 16,000 on the EP. I feel so safe it's like driving an SUV. A Chevy Malibu feels like garage and it's about the same price.

This is for all you SUCKA'Z that are crying like little *ussy a$$ girls!!!!!!!!:mad:

Civicvtec1ps
12-10-2003, 06:16 PM
At least new malibu has cool taillights.

Brettnyt
12-10-2003, 06:20 PM
At least our car isnt a chevy malibu.

BluePearl03Si
12-10-2003, 06:52 PM
GM did a survey that found 75% of their drivers had no problem with their "Value Series" Pushrod V-6's, in the Malibu. Way to botch that one GM.

The problem is that the 75% polled are the people who will buy whatever is cheaper! The 25% are gonna chose the car they like best. And you would be better off luring them in than the 75% that doesn't care much what they buy.

Pushrods......Ugh....

TheMutt
12-10-2003, 07:04 PM
My parents just bought a new Malibu, it actually feels kinda nice. Leather interior, not fast but I think it could keep up with the Si, seperate climate for driver and passenger. A few nifty small things, but everything is too big compared to my car. I think with the new taillights (they remind me of skylines :P) they are ok cars, at least the SC'ed SS trim :cool:

Zero Three Si
12-10-2003, 07:50 PM
Guys the point of this thread is to prove that the EP is a great car. Contridicting what all those biznitches say. It kills me how they think the EP sucks and that they should trade their car away.

TrippZ
12-10-2003, 08:07 PM
oh yaeh? try driving a Daewoo Lanos for a month... coming off an EP!!!

Zero Three Si
12-10-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
oh yaeh? try driving a Daewoo Lanos for a month... coming off an EP!!!

Is that what you had to drive while your EP was wrecked?

Vertigo
12-11-2003, 05:11 AM
Did you rag the hell out of it? It think it was Snazzy sig that said "Nothing stops faster, handles better or accelerates quicker than a rental car"!

HokieSi
12-11-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Vertigo
Did you rag the hell out of it? It think it was Snazzy sig that said "Nothing stops faster, handles better or accelerates quicker than a rental car"!

Damn right.

Bob: "Today on Car and Driver, 0-120 and 120-0 tests and also an exclusive Off-Road Rally test of the Chevy Malibu!"
Bill: "I didn't know Chevy made a rally car"
Bob: "Well they do now!"
Bill: "Did you buy the insurance?"
Bob: "Yes, Now lets get this show on the road."

Vertigo
12-11-2003, 06:11 AM
Hahahaha...It would be like that part on Jackass the movie, where they take the car off-roding then bring it back all smashed to hell. That would totaly rule just to see the persons face when you say here's your car...bring in the flat bed boys...lol

andy
12-11-2003, 06:30 AM
w00t, Malibu's are the shizzy. I've got a "Classic" right now
as my rental. In all honestly, though, I think I like this better
than the POS automatic V6 Mustang I was driving. That thing was total
shyte.

Brettnyt
12-11-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Vertigo
Hahahaha...It would be like that part on Jackass the movie, where they take the car off-roding then bring it back all smashed to hell. That would totaly rule just to see the persons face when you say here's your car...bring in the flat bed boys...lol

HAHAHAHA, yeah! I love that! I was totally thinking about that when i read the other posts... Isnt that in one of the CKY's? They do have the rental car smash up in Jackass the movie tho, too...

BlackNRedSi
12-11-2003, 08:14 AM
I love my EP i dont care what ne1 says!

BluePearl03Si
12-11-2003, 09:58 AM
Yea it was in CKY2K

"No CD Player, not even a tape deck, it's got an AM.....FM....Radio!"

It DESERVED to die.

"N' Taiwan city, and Hong Kong I can smoke a bong and I can do it all night long, but don't mistake me for a Viet Cong!"

hahah

Dunrick
12-11-2003, 10:15 AM
lol a malibu

reminds me of pulp fiction

'you dont mess w/ another mans automobile'

hahaha

van_yammer
12-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by BluePearl03Si
GM did a survey that found 75% of their drivers had no problem with their "Value Series" Pushrod V-6's, in the Malibu. Way to botch that one GM.

The problem is that the 75% polled are the people who will buy whatever is cheaper! The 25% are gonna chose the car they like best. And you would be better off luring them in than the 75% that doesn't care much what they buy.

Pushrods......Ugh....

The fact is, the 3800 in the new Malibu, has similar performance to the Honda/Toyota 6s, but with gas mileage better than the 4cylinders. I really doubt that you would even know it was a pushrod if you had to drive the cars back to back with the other cars. (and weren't told ahead of time) Not to start a OHV-DOHC debate, but I really think that the majority of the issues people have with pushrod engines is just perceived inferiority.

And by the way, I'm sure that way more than 75% of the people that buy Accords and Camrys don't care what car they buy. I've owned 2 camrys and one accord, and they are very boring cars, they do everything well but they have no special qualities.

The LS6 engine is obviously world class in every category, and its a pushrod. And the next one is going to be a pushrod with cam phasing, and is probably going to get better mileage than our EPs. (despite being 6.0 liters to our 2.0 liters. Notice, I'm not comparing performance, the engine is much more expensive, but shouldn't a 2.0 liter honda economy engine get better mileage than the supposedly inferior giant american OHV?)

Another thing I don't understand, is why people make such a big deal out of the hp/liter efficiency of DOHC. What about the physical size of the engines? OHV engines are far more compact, cheaper to manufacture, simpler, and generally (NOT ALWAYS), have better torque characteristics. Sure a 3.5 liter DOHC engine might make more power than a 3.8 liter OHV, but the physical size is much bigger. Ever see a Mustang 5.0 engine next to a newer DOHC 4.6 liter?

I just think that everyone should be able to appreciate each engine for what you get out of it, rather than reflexively dismissing it.

TrippZ
12-11-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Is that what you had to drive while your EP was wrecked?

yep! took that fucker drifting, burning out, donuts, everything...

returned it with bald tires and didnt get charged shyte! :D im a bastard

Zero Three Si
12-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
yep! took that fucker drifting, burning out, donuts, everything...

returned it with bald tires and didnt get charged shyte! :D im a bastard

And you had the nerve to call me a dick!!!!:mad: