PDA

View Full Version : Q 4 those with a aem cai!

klubhedsi
12-10-2003, 08:07 PM
I was just wondering how many of you had to cut the plastic in order to fit the aem cai, bc mine isnt really fotted well and i had to zip tied it!

bioevolve
12-10-2003, 08:31 PM
I cut that plastic inner fender cover and the notched out the alittle bit of the metal frame.

jandetuning
12-10-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by klubhedsi
I was just wondering how many of you had to cut the plastic in order to fit the aem cai, bc mine isnt really fotted well and i had to zip tied it!

You will need to trim the fender liner. I recommend mounting the CAI as far back on the lower rubber mount as you can, because mine ended up hitting my fan, and it nearly wore a hole in it.

civicracer1128
12-10-2003, 10:25 PM
everyone that installed right had to cut the fender liner. i used a wire cutter on mine. it was very sharp cause it was brand new and did a great job. its not hard either if your worried about that. just install the intake and start trimming bit by bit till it fits perfectly. not a big deal. this is also the reason that i chose aem over injen. it doesnt look half as good but i believe with injen you have to cut sheetmetal. and i know you have to move the fuse box too. i wasnt down with all that so i went aem. its a really nice intake. i like mine alot so far.

klubhedsi
12-10-2003, 11:04 PM
thanx 4 the input did anybody do it without cutting?

phatfreeza
12-11-2003, 12:02 AM
yup i've heard of people doing this w/o cutting... they said they used a lot of patience to get it to fit... i don't remember who it was.. but it was more than one.. i'm too lazy to do a search... sorry!

fsugatorbait
12-11-2003, 08:14 AM
Yeah i didnt cut mine, just used A LOT of force to get the fender liner to go back together, it isnt perfect but it isnt cut.

civic hatch boi
12-11-2003, 08:34 AM
u do NOT need to cut it. why cut it? its the only thing keeping water from going in there! mine fits perfectly w/o having to cut it.

MCeez02Si
12-11-2003, 11:23 AM
How about the DC CAI? Does it require any type of modifying? I know there something about relocating the washer reservoir. Also, does it perform just as well as the others?

jandetuning
12-11-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Yeah i didnt cut mine, just used A LOT of force to get the fender liner to go back together, it isnt perfect but it isnt cut.

See if yours is hitting the left fan in your car. Mine was and the added pressure of the fender liner may make the problem worse.