PDA

View Full Version : eibach+spc camber newb question help!

Plaidfinger
12-10-2003, 09:31 PM
I put the sportlines and an SPC full camber kit on my car. I wasn't gonna go with the camber kit since the drop was minimal, but the rear camber was pretty bad I guess. I dont know ANYTHING about suspension so please go easy. I have the printout from the alignment shop and am wondering if everything is in top condition. The car seems to have a lot of clicks and rattles with the new parts. is this normal? here are the camber numbers... is this good/bad? front right=0.5 front left=0.4 rear right=-1.4 rear left=-1.7 is it normal/ok for the numbers to be different for each side? the caster numbers were different on each side too. any answers would be awesome! thanks.

chunky
12-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Plaidfinger
I put the sportlines and an SPC full camber kit on my car. I wasn't gonna go with the camber kit since the drop was minimal, but the rear camber was pretty bad I guess. I dont know ANYTHING about suspension so please go easy. I have the printout from the alignment shop and am wondering if everything is in top condition. The car seems to have a lot of clicks and rattles with the new parts. is this normal? here are the camber numbers... is this good/bad? front right=0.5 front left=0.4 rear right=-1.4 rear left=-1.7 is it normal/ok for the numbers to be different for each side? the caster numbers were different on each side too. any answers would be awesome! thanks.

it's normal. they're close enough. sometimes the alignment tech will make changes to each side to make sure that the car still drives straight.

Everything looks to be within spec as well.

rs_1101
12-10-2003, 11:32 PM
u gotta consider that camber changes while ur driving. hard cornering can switch camber so its difficult to center out

Vertigo
12-11-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by rs_1101
u gotta consider that camber changes while ur driving. hard cornering can switch camber so its difficult to center out
That is called Bump Steer.

chunky
12-11-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by rs_1101

you only need to concern yourself with the camber while the car is at rest.

camber will stay the same until the suspension starts to compress, and during the course of typical daily driving, this is not a big concern.

chunky
12-11-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Vertigo
That is called Bump Steer.
bump steer is not a camber change during the course of driving. bump steer is exactly what it says - bumps in the road causing unwanted steering inputs.

The natural camber change of the wheel as it moves through the range of motion that the suspension allows is called the camber curve.