PDA

View Full Version : turbo kit ???

undeboost
12-11-2003, 07:09 AM
hey guys I am a little confused here, I am sure you guys can clear this up. First from what i read only greddy is carb approved and rev hard is pending correct, and the greddy isnt a kit it is a custom set up?? What is the advantage of a mitsu turbo over the garret? Next is reliability (sp) How bad is it really for the engine for a daily driver that isnt gettin beatin but drivin like it should? and what can be done to make a kit like the cybernation pass nj inspection if anything. and the greddy kit is only supposed to add 50 hp is this before a fmic? if not that number isnt much better then the jrsc. thanks guys

BlackNRedSi
12-11-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by undeboost
hey guys I am a little confused here, I am sure you guys can clear this up. First from what i read only greddy is carb approved and rev hard is pending correct, and the greddy isnt a kit it is a custom set up?? What is the advantage of a mitsu turbo over the garret? Next is reliability (sp) How bad is it really for the engine for a daily driver that isnt gettin beatin but drivin like it should? and what can be done to make a kit like the cybernation pass nj inspection if anything. and the greddy kit is only supposed to add 50 hp is this before a fmic? if not that number isnt much better then the jrsc. thanks guys

The greddy kit is carb legal because you keep your cat....

reliable, the car should be fine if your not boosting all the time thats where your going to get more of your heavy wear and tear...(for the daily driving concer, also see esmith13 for further questions)

NJ inspection? you mean NJ emissions? if you mean the emissions (im not to keen with NJ since i do live in philly) but in PA you MUST have a cat to pass, so throw one on, or get a High Flow cat. people are saying that since the Si is sooo low on the emissions as it is, if you put a highflow on (that looks like a real cat) you shouldnt have a problem passing (dont quote me on that when/if you do get a turbo)

the greddy kit is weak due to the parts that are supplied...e.g no intercooler, you keep your cat, smaller turbine....the list goes on...so thats why its close to the jrsc...

wait a few months and do what im doing in the philly area...

JRSC/Borla exhaust (does not remove your cat)/HighFlow cat(to stay carb legal)/Skunk2 cams...maybe alill 50shot! :)

that will put your EP right where you want it

Eric