PDA

View Full Version : Well my trans is fixed and runs great, what next?

ep pilot
12-11-2003, 12:20 PM
Well I

sonic imperial
12-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot
Lately I just feel like the car always needs to be rung-out when leaving the light, just to keep pace with traffic or accelerate around traffic.
-Ryan

I have the same problem, if you can call it that. I have to hit 4.5k rpms in order to just stay side by side with the car beside me when taking off at stoplights. The car is rather slow IMO.

By the way, since your tranny was O/H, what would be different about it than the one's they are currently installing in the Si's we see on the dealer lot?

ep pilot
12-11-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by sonic imperial
I have the same problem, if you can call it that. I have to hit 4.5k rpms in order to just stay side by side with the car beside me when taking off at stoplights. The car is rather slow IMO.

By the way, since your tranny was O/H, what would be different about it than the one's they are currently installing in the Si's we see on the dealer lot?

Seriously, the only thing I can think of is that, I got my car with 67miles on the clock. I look at it as being 50 test drives of either idiots who couldn

Peking
12-11-2003, 02:47 PM
Ryan, was there any cost to you? Reading about what the shifting is like for you now, makes me remember how great my tranny used to be when I first got her. Did they replace the whole tranny, or did they replace stuff within the tranny?

Mugen Power
12-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Also, do you or did you ever have a grind going into first? First and third are my main problems.

ep pilot
12-11-2003, 03:28 PM
The exact issues I had originally with the shifter assy was as follows

ep pilot
12-11-2003, 03:37 PM
I hope this helps some of you as well

younggotti266
12-11-2003, 04:22 PM
good to hear you got some good service from a honda dealer

Did you end up paying for anything?

My tranny's been pissing me off lately
planning to make an appointment and take it in...
I'm also gonna take a print out of the tsb's and point out
all of my concern relating to the car....

hopefully they take care of me,
without me having to cuss someone out.

danoonez
12-21-2003, 05:10 PM
Anybody have the link to those TSBs? I had them all on my old laptop before I accidentally killed it. But I want to print out a copy of the "clutch pedal squeak upon application" TSB so I can have it for the dealer when I take my car in for the 15k mile service.

siver-SI
12-21-2003, 09:04 PM
Went to the dealer Saturday for this problem, along with a oil change and rear defroster problem. Well got the oil changed and getting a new window when it comes in but they could not reproduce the problem. So when I take it in for the rear window I am going to drive it while they ride to show them. They did a whole 1 mile with it. I could not belive that. How can you find a problem with a mile of driving.

The guy got an idea that I knew what I was talking about though after they said to me that they could not find anything wrong. After that I told them I wanted this taken care of becuase this is a know prbolem with this transmission and it this problem is not taken care of it will bend the fork in the car and I maybe be broken down on the side of the road because of it. I will make them responcable for any cost that I incure becuase of them neglecting my problem.

The guy looked at me and then stated that they would make sure to take the time with me to get the problem fixed. I just hope my EP acts up when I need her too now.

Siman
12-22-2003, 09:30 AM
"or people that just sat in the car 100 times, shifting the shifter out of curiosity, bending the shift fork, linkage and syncros

Siman
12-22-2003, 09:32 AM
on what i just quoted. my car was a showroom car...for a 2 month period. Hmmmmmm........:rolleyes:

siver-SI
12-22-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Siman
on what i just quoted. my car was a showroom car...for a 2 month period. Hmmmmmm........:rolleyes:

Mine was too for a few months. That could be why ares acted up so soon while others took so long.

Just wondering does anyone have the TSB # on this problem?