PDA

View Full Version : cleaning mufflers

IIx 03 EP xII
12-11-2003, 01:06 PM
ive tried a search... and from searching the past year, ive found nothing. what should i use to clean my magnaflow tips and the rest of it. i dont want it to rust or turn black or anything. are there any products yall 'pros' would reccomend. any information would be much appreciated.

chet
12-11-2003, 01:30 PM
GREAT QUESTION

I've been wondering the same thing.

IIx 03 EP xII
12-11-2003, 02:33 PM
anybody? hellooooooo?? come on guys, does everybody with EP's have tarnished and black mufflers? please help!!!

Me ep3
12-11-2003, 02:38 PM
Mothers billet polish works great:D

Btrthnezr3
12-11-2003, 02:39 PM
CLR?
Calcium Lime and Rust
In a grey bottle with like orange green and white stripes on it
hardware store/walmart i think
that cleans nasty looking kitchen and bathtub stuff
hope this helps!

IIx 03 EP xII
12-11-2003, 03:57 PM
glad to see some answers. thanks so much, ill be heading out soon to go get some of those products, maybe ill test a few myself. thanks again.

BlackNRedSi
12-11-2003, 04:01 PM
i wash it down, clean, wax then polish for a nice shine (borla exhaust)

eric

Btrthnezr3
12-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Let us know how it works out for ya man...I know that CLR cleans the ass out of shower heads/faucets ...so I figure it'd do the same awesome job on mufflers...hehe...who knows...might have to rub it on and let it sit though...then wipe/rinse off...good luck...let us know!

Karim
12-11-2003, 06:35 PM
mother billet polish works very well
http://www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/productpix/05106.jpg

the other thing i reccomend I learned form the harley guys and read it on s2ki.com since they are always trying to keep their exhaust clean and shiney. Use Glass cleaner. I heard this and gave it a shot with windex first and it worked great, I'm currently using stoners invisible glass (can be found at your local walmart) and it works amazing well, all the dirt and sooth and such come right off with no problem and it leaves a great shine! Just spray the tips down with the inv glass spray and let it work for a few mins and let the excess drip off along with a lot of the dirt and stuff. Then spray it down again and finally wipe it clean with a Micro fiber towel and you'll be set.

Karim

Peking
12-11-2003, 09:35 PM
When I wash the ride, I clean the muffler first (using reg. mild soap and a hand mit). Then after drying, I go back with a soft towel. Also using Windex, and just wipe it off. I know that sounds strange, but it is easy and looks good :)

IIx 03 EP xII
12-12-2003, 09:24 AM
i just picked up some mothers mag and aluminum polish... it said it works for all metals. that was all the local wally world had. my pal sittin next to me right now says that anybody that polishes their exhausts are gay... do ya'll agree? he drives a slow slow slow chevy camaro v-6. by the way... I DONT AGREE!!!

Peking
12-16-2003, 09:59 PM
Hell no :mad: , tell him he is gay for being ignorant :D

AkronSi
12-17-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Peking
Hell no :mad: , tell him he is gay for being ignorant :D

I second that!

Polish away. And if your feeling extra ambitious, the Mother's Mag and Aluminium polish works good for cleaning up some of the discolored areas in the engine.

Also, check out Fizz and Wenol. Those are both supposed to be good. They come in tubes like toothpaste.

dtexan
12-17-2003, 10:48 AM
I just called magnaflow and they told me the best product they have found is Eagle one wire wheel polish or something like that