PDA

View Full Version : EP Dilema Update

02NJHondaep3
12-11-2003, 01:50 PM
OK i got it back from Honda. They fixed only 2 engine mounts and told me to forget the other ones. They didn't give me any paperwork and disconnected my HiDs but later i told them and they fixed them. I dont care as long as its fixed.

My Transmission still grinds third but this is what they said. Monday they're going to have a Honda tech open the transmission and replace the third gear set. If thats all that wrong with it, it will be under warranty. They told me if its a bent shifter arm? then i would have to pay for all the parts and $380 just for opening the tranny and looking at it.

Does this sound right?

I've decided to stick with my ep if things go well. I love the car and i feel it has a lot of potential. I just wish there all the kinks are out of the way so i can start modding already cause you know more are going to come up.Monday is judgement day and i hope these Honda people dont try and screw me over.Pray for my black beauty

RedLight_Si
12-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Why didnt they give you any paperwork? According to the law they must give you some kind of written documentation of the work they did. You will need these records if you should ever have to file under the Lemon Law.What dealer was this?

Peking
12-11-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by RedLight_Si
Why didnt they give you any paperwork? According to the law they must give you some kind of written documentation of the work they did. You will need these records if you should ever have to file under the Lemon Law.What dealer was this?

Yes, demand proof. I don't think this problem will fall under any lemon laws. Lemon laws were covered way back in the day here. Good luck :)

Mugen Power
12-11-2003, 02:53 PM
Would you mind telling which dealer's actually willing to look at your tranny? I want to know which one(s) are willing before I get turned around by another dealer...

ep pilot
12-11-2003, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE][i] They told me if its a bent shifter arm? then i would have to pay for all the parts and $380 just for opening the tranny and looking at it.

Does this sound right?

QUOTE]

I don't think so. Just my opinion. I think having aftermarket parts on the car doesn't help your case, but just hope the shift arm isn't bent. From what I'm told it wouldn't take much to bend it, but it would be difficult to prove abuse to it also.

-Ryan

02NJHondaep3
12-12-2003, 08:00 AM
DCH ACADEMY HONDA Rt.9 Old Bridge NJ. They said they'd give me the paperwork later. Your right I'll take off all my aftermarket parts.

Mugen Power
12-12-2003, 11:03 AM
Cool, can you scan your paperwork so that when/if I go to DCH, I'll have proof that something like this exists? Cuz I have a feeling they're gonna deny it or the tech I speak to won't have a clue about your case. Thanks.

02NJHondaep3
12-12-2003, 12:40 PM
why what happend with your ep?

Mugen Power
12-12-2003, 12:46 PM
I've got a crunchy transmission, especially in 3rd gear. I took it to Planet Honda on Rt. 22 twice and both times they thought it was fine. I was just hoping that they'd document the work they did for you if they replace your 3rd gear under warranty.

rs_1101
12-12-2003, 01:35 PM
heres an interesting thought on warranty work:

when honda covers a warranty, their labor is reimbursed by honda of america. so they want to fix ur shit cuz its business.

if their claiming that ur shifter arm was cuz of abuse, let them know that you havent abused your car. also let them know that if honda parts are that shitty, youll prolly go to an aftermarket shop for new parts, at lower costs. theyll lose business. u see they tell u that u have to pay for shit that should be warrantied, theyre not counting on you bailing on them.
give them hell. im sure theyll cave.