PDA

View Full Version : Many Suspension Q: EIbach/GC/KW ??

03silverEP
12-11-2003, 02:35 PM
I'm going to need some drop when my wheels come in (so i'm not sporting the SI 4x4)

I had eibach sportlines on my old delSol and I loved them. But I also had tokico shocks (n/a unfortunatly). How is the ride w/ sportlines and stock shocks and how much time do you get before they are totally blown out.

I'm also considering GC's (eibach springs!) but i've heard that they are noisy, poping and cracking over bumps, anyone have any experience?

Additionally would the steering arm/ball joint? relocators that KW work with either of these setups (to fix bump steer) or do you have to have the KW's to use them?

I'm trying to get my suspension sorted right the first time. I've already got Neuspeed: front upper, front x-brace, rear upper, and rear lower tie/22mm sway combo. 17's are in the mail now it's lowering time.

ps. w/a 1/5-2.0 drop i only need camber correction in the rear?

thanks again

03 silver EP

Peking
12-11-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by 03silverEP
I'm also considering GC's (eibach springs!) but i've heard that they are noisy, poping and cracking over bumps, anyone have any experience?
Additionally would the steering arm/ball joint? relocators that KW work with either of these setups (to fix bump steer) or do you have to have the KW's to use them?
I'm trying to get my suspension sorted right the first time. I've already got Neuspeed: front upper, front x-brace, rear upper, and rear lower tie/22mm sway combo. 17's are in the mail now it's lowering time.
ps. w/a 1/5-2.0 drop i only need camber correction in the rear?

Ground Controls are not noisy, great ride. KW are expensive, not sure anyone has them here, Mugen and the Tein coilovers come with the whole thing. Relocating it for you in one fatal swoop. You might as well get both front and rear camber (you can get it in the vendors secion for like 120.00, front and rear). Front camber bolts are not that expensive.

Congrats on your wheels, also great list on the suspension.

greenguy
12-11-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Peking
. KW are expensive, not sure anyone has them here,
Actually there are a few of us that have the v2. I love mine. the ride is absolutley great. What is expensive? Is a great ride and great quality worth a few extra dollars? Plus if you live in a snowy rainy climate, them the S.S is worth every peny!
KW has my vote!
BTW: i will be installing my bearing plates (any day now) and I guess they will fit other manufactures designs:)

fsugatorbait
12-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Hey greenguy let me know how the bearing goes and any difference that you notice, ive been trying to decide it i want to go ahead and get it or not but would like to hear from someone with them first.

greenguy
12-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Hey greenguy let me know how the bearing goes and any difference that you notice, ive been trying to decide it i want to go ahead and get it or not but would like to hear from someone with them first.
Will do. My biggest worry is that I will need a new alignment. and $120.00 right now is hard to come by and justify with the holidays and all.

fsugatorbait
12-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by greenguy
Will do. My biggest worry is that I will need a new alignment. and $120.00 right now is hard to come by and justify with the holidays and all.

thanks, im in no rush so whenever you get a chance. What exactly is this bearing plate supposed to do besides replacing the factory one that supposedly will wear out over time?