PDA

View Full Version : Dash Paint

dobiejoe
12-11-2003, 03:48 PM
Does anybody know the paint code used to paint the center panels of the EP. You know the silver radio and shifter dash parts.

dobiejoe
12-14-2003, 06:55 AM
I guess by the overwhelming response to this thread that nowbody knows. I wonder if I can take it to home depot and have them use that paint matching computer thing on it.

oogy-boogy
12-14-2003, 07:52 AM
That's actually not a bad idea. You can easily take off one of the silver door highlight handles and scratch off a small amount of paint from the back (not visual when on). My only question would be: How are you going to apply the paint? What type of paint will you use?

I've always had great luck with spray cans but I'd be unsure of shooting paint out of a Wagner.

oogy-boogy
12-14-2003, 07:53 AM
Also, look around as there are a few members that did the color match with great results.;)

dobiejoe
12-14-2003, 08:48 AM
I would shoot the paint with a airbrush that I use for models. I got a whole dash panel top and bottom off of ebay and am planning to do the mod here at EPhatch that shows the radio all bondo'ed in and looks good. I want to put gauges were the storage slot is and make a nice custom dash with the radio and three gauges.

oogy-boogy
12-14-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by dobiejoe
I would shoot the paint with a airbrush that I use for models. I got a whole dash panel top and bottom off of ebay and am planning to do the mod here at EPhatch that shows the radio all bondo'ed in and looks good. I want to put gauges were the storage slot is and make a nice custom dash with the radio and three gauges.

Oooo, Nice!

Keep us posted.

VividDreams
12-21-2003, 11:22 AM
i dont think that the silver is painted on, i think its actually molded that way, could be wrong though

TWEST
12-21-2003, 04:00 PM

haha airbrush for models. multiple meanings

shimmy_yaz
12-30-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by VividDreams
i dont think that the silver is painted on, i think its actually molded that way, could be wrong though

It is painted on I know cuz I removed it when i painted mine gunmetal

02SilverSiHB
01-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Does anybody know the paint code used to paint the center panels of the EP. You know the silver radio and shifter dash parts.
I believe US_Si painted his from black to that silver...might want to pm him.

AzN Si GuY
01-27-2004, 03:21 PM
a friend of mine painted the silver center of the dash on his ep3 as well as the silver pieces on both door panels. it was a metallic black. very nice look. not trying to be a biter, but i'm planning on doing that to maybe with a different color though.