PDA

View Full Version : can it get any worse

dustinhurley
09-18-2002, 06:44 AM
OK some of you may remember me posting about my lug nuts getting stripped and my bearings getting busted by some shop. That cost me $950 in repars. Then after that was fixed, my brakes started grinding, so I took it to my dealer to get fixed. Last night while my car was at my dealer, someone (probably an employee since they had the lug adapter) stole 3 of my 18" Racing Hart C3 wheels. Gotta love my luck. I think this all is a sign to get rid of this car. Don't want to, but I may do it.

SBC31
09-18-2002, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
I think this all is a sign to get rid of this car. Don't want to, but I may do it.
Are we a little superstituous (not sure how to spell that word).

X 2KS2K
09-18-2002, 07:25 AM
man, that sux. isn't the dealer responsible for replacing your wheels? and isn't the shop responsible for the damage they did to your lugs? i would be raising some serious hell.

SBC31
09-18-2002, 07:29 AM
Dude why did the first shop charge you for something they broke???

And as for your dealer, well, obviously they owe you 3 new wheels, and I would get them to get you 4 since this is their fault. I'm sure they have insurance for this kinda' stuff.

nickw252
09-18-2002, 08:14 AM
Where do you live in Ohio? I would love to get my hands on an EP. You interested in a 00 EBP Si?

CleanBlackSi02
09-18-2002, 12:02 PM
That's so lame man.....those wheels looked rad.

dustinhurley
09-18-2002, 12:11 PM
The dealer won't cover anything. I'm not sure why. My insurance is though. My dealer left my car outside, unlocked with the center cap tool and the lug nut adapter in the seat, overnight. That's what pisses me off.

CleanBlackSi02
09-18-2002, 12:13 PM
I wonder why only 3 wheels? Hopefully you still have your stockers! Hey, if you have a chance (and I'm sure it's the last thing on your mind) could you take a pic of your car from the side. I was interested to see the car on stocks with Sprint springs.

SBC31
09-18-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
My dealer left my car outside, unlocked with the center cap tool and the lug nut adapter in the seat, overnight. That's what pisses me off.
Wow, if the dealer admits to have left the car unlocked with the lug nut adapter on the seat, then they should have to pay.

You need to raise some hell, this is ridiculous.

SmoothOperator
09-18-2002, 12:33 PM
Man, talk to a lawyer. They've gotta be held responsible for this shit. I'd be FURIOUS!

iR-VTEC2
09-18-2002, 12:59 PM
I hope you didnt sign that paper stating that "*honda is not responsible for damages or thefts that may occur etc etc" otherwise you got no case.

In my opinion, it was an inside job. I'd hire the mob to pay them a visit.

X 2KS2K
09-18-2002, 01:00 PM
insurance companies are usually pretty good at handling this stuff, and they have teams of lawyers on staff. if they have already decided that it's a valid claim, i would make sure they have all the information (ie idiot dealership left car unlocked...) and let them battle it out. especially if the claim is going to effect your deductible. give your insurance company another call and have a good talk with 'em, i'm sure they deal with this stuff a lot.

yomamaInMySi
09-18-2002, 01:07 PM
You just have to make sure that you did not sign the work order, which in some cases lists that they're not responsible for theft on their premises. You will find these clauses in a very small print .000005 point or something like that. They make sure the print this stuff really small so no one bothers to read them. Also, one time when I traded my car, I told them to hold the wheels that I will come pick them up from the car. They told me to worry about it that they will be safe. The wheels were stolen, it took me like 4 months to recover the money. I did not even recover the whole amount. A word of caution, if you plan to go after the dealer, then be nice and political about it. Don't go all nasty about it, or they won't give a shit and your chances of recovering will drop. If you plan to be nasty, then hire a lawyer, because they know how far they can push. IMO

dustinhurley
09-18-2002, 05:31 PM
I got my car back. I had the stock wheels put on. The car was locked, turns out. They only took 3 because they stripped out the last lug nut on the 4th wheel. So, the dealer is not responsible. BTW, my step-dad is a lawyer and I'm a pre-law student. There's nothing we can do to my dealer. Shit happens. I'm putting the car back to stock and selling once I build some equity in it in about a year or so.

SmoothOperator
09-18-2002, 06:15 PM
Sorry to hear that man...hope you have better luck with your next car.

!@#$%
09-18-2002, 09:27 PM
i remember reading something on H-T about a ITR getting broken into.....well it goes to the dealer for repairs and it got broken into something like 3 or more times that night, dealer left it unlocked. The next morning the engine head, intake manifold, header, emblems, interior, and a bunch of other stuff was completely gone. the bad thing about owning nice stuff.....others want it :(

CleanBlackSi02
09-19-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
i remember reading something on H-T about a ITR getting broken into.....well it goes to the dealer for repairs and it got broken into something like 3 or more times that night, dealer left it unlocked. The next morning the engine head, intake manifold, header, emblems, interior, and a bunch of other stuff was completely gone. the bad thing about owning nice stuff.....others want it :(

Hence, the advantage to having a sleeper...

02TafWhtSi
09-19-2002, 06:07 PM
I feel really bad for you, man. Why do lowlifes want other people's things. Guess they are too ignorant to find themselves a job and actually EARN what they want instead of stealing it like a dick. I agree with hiring a lawyer or getting your father to help - thats the best way.

SiNi$t3R
09-19-2002, 07:53 PM
Personally, I would go back to that dealer and take a baseball bat to one of their new 03 4 door accords. Take the bat to the roof of that car. Those accords are so ugly anyways. They look like piece shit saturns from the back. (4 door)

SpeedRacer
09-19-2002, 07:59 PM
fuck man you must not be a good lawyer because that is bullshit thare has to be something you can do you obviously arn't looking hard enough. This shit piss's me off.

dustinhurley
09-19-2002, 08:13 PM
I did sign a paper. They said "initial here and sign here saying that we are allowed to work on the car" But I guess in the fine print it says something about not being responsible for theft. If I wouldn't have signed, they wouldn't have worked on the car. I guess I learned to not go on the benefit of the doubt. Anyone be interested in 4 brand new 18" C3's with 215/40/18 Parada Spec-II's, mounted and balanced? If so, let me know and we can try to work something out.

02TafWhtSi
09-20-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by SiNi$t3R
Personally, I would go back to that dealer and take a baseball bat to one of their new 03 4 door accords. Take the bat to the roof of that car. Those accords are so ugly anyways. They look like piece shit saturns from the back. (4 door)

What does this have to do with what he is talking about?@! :rolleyes: