PDA

View Full Version : Hood not closing

SilVic
12-11-2003, 05:58 PM
I just got a carbon fiber hood but now it won't close all the way. It's even and everything. I don't think the latch is close enough and I don't have any tools that could fit in the holes. Any suggestions? Please help because I have school tomorrow.

Zero Three Si
12-11-2003, 06:02 PM
My 94 Ex used to do this. Your wire from the latch inside the car leading to the latch might be messed up. There is a metal piece below the latch you may have to slide it manually to the right.

SilVic
12-11-2003, 06:21 PM
metal piece? I don't feel any metal piece that moves around? can you tell me where it is exactly located/

SilVic
12-11-2003, 07:08 PM
I think I figured it out. The hook on the hood of the carbon fiber hood is too short. I think I can move the latch up? You guys think so?

BluePearl03Si
12-11-2003, 07:21 PM
Yes you can adjust it.

The latch has 3 bolts that you need to loosen a bit with a 10 MM socket (Or was it an 8?:p)

Then you will be able to move it up-down and side to side. There are notches along the edges of the metal pressed into the latch and the cars body that will allow you to see how much you are moving. You want to move it up untill it latches. It shouldn't need to be moved to the side but if it's already over to the side alot, that could be a problem you can fix at the same time.

Then retighten the bolts and adjust the rubber plugs to make sure the hood is flush, and you are good to go. Unless the hood just doesn't fit at all, then send it back.

Hope this helps =)

Zero Three Si
12-11-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by SilVic
metal piece? I don't feel any metal piece that moves around? can you tell me where it is exactly located/

The "metal" piece I was refering to is directly below the latch. It's attached to a wire. It sounds like you got it all figured out though.

fsugatorbait
12-12-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by BluePearl03Si
Yes you can adjust it.

The latch has 3 bolts that you need to loosen a bit with a 10 MM socket (Or was it an 8?:p)

Then you will be able to move it up-down and side to side. There are notches along the edges of the metal pressed into the latch and the cars body that will allow you to see how much you are moving. You want to move it up untill it latches. It shouldn't need to be moved to the side but if it's already over to the side alot, that could be a problem you can fix at the same time.

Then retighten the bolts and adjust the rubber plugs to make sure the hood is flush, and you are good to go. Unless the hood just doesn't fit at all, then send it back.

Hope this helps =)

I had to make the same adjustment when I installed my CF hood, just loosen the bolts and slide the latch up. I also had to turn the rubber supports down a bit for it to sit flush.