PDA

View Full Version : TB Coolant Bypass - Yes I searched

G-J
12-11-2003, 08:01 PM
Hey all, does anyone have a pic of the TB coolant bypass mod. I am about to do it and I just would feel better if I had a pic illustrating what is exactly done. I am looking at the TB and I see the two hoses - can I just use one of the hoses to connect the in and the out or do I need a new hose. It looks like it will reach though. Any pics/suggestions?

P.S. I live in Cali and I have lived in Napa all my 25 years here and it has gotten freezing cold twice and both days were in 1986. I am not worried about the freezing TB.

myeverlovinsir
12-11-2003, 08:03 PM
If your not worried about the cold, then just do it. It's a simple mod. I had pics until the database fucked up the order to things. I'll try to get one.

EDIT: check this thread (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6068&highlight=bore+out)

I did my TB mod a year ago, but the pics should give you enough info.
All you are doing is eliminating the TB from the flow of coolant.;)

G-J
12-11-2003, 08:17 PM
Okay well let me ask a quick one then. The inlet hose just under the intake....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/p4f33fd281fb237135c069b38c187ac32/fcec0655.jpg
The tube connected to the bottom metal tube in that pic of the TB

...be long enough to reach over to where the return is close to the intake manifold?

Just want to be 100%

myeverlovinsir
12-11-2003, 08:26 PM
The pic you took is upside down. You want to look at this one.
You can see both connections and they are very close to each other. Just take them off, seal them up, and plumb the two hoses together, done!

You will also want to remove the electrical connection to the motor for the coolant. No need to drive it with the thing all sealed up. May burn it out that way.;)

G-J
12-11-2003, 08:42 PM
Thanks a million!!

Okay couple more and I am getting my pansy ass out there and doing it...

1. You will also want to remove the electrical connection to the motor for the coolant. Where is this? I think I see it but I want to make sure its the correct connection before I pull it.

2. What did you use to seal up the connections on the TB? I imagine I may go back to the stock form in the future - if I absolutely need to, so I dont want to shove epoxy in there :D J/K I was thinking of using the extra hose and looping that to seal up the connections... think that would be suffice?

myeverlovinsir
12-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Yeah just seal the two connectors up with a short hose. The big fat red arrow points to the electrical connector for the coolant motor. Easy as pie!

G-J
12-11-2003, 08:51 PM
You sir are awesome! :D

Thanks a lot, you made me more confident in doing this.

myeverlovinsir
12-11-2003, 08:59 PM
No problem, I'm glad my pics were still around, they came in handy. BTW: The better mod is to get it bored out, read the thread where these pics came from, you won't be disapointed. Gluk!:D