PDA

View Full Version : Coolest Mod ever!!!

Rey
12-11-2003, 11:02 PM
This might be a repost, I don't know. I never seen it before and I monitor this site religiously almost everyday.

The link is below to the actual thread, but you have to register first.

http://www.jdmcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31830

http://www.torknet.com/DCP_0015.JPG
http://www.torknet.com/DCP_0011_1.JPG

This is what the guy posted:

Just something I'd like to share I have been working on in my EP.

Running windows xp, 7" touchscreen ran all my speaker wires into a 4 channel amp which the amp input are plugged into the computer for stereo, got a usb radio, not finished the install yet but its turning out pretty sweet, another layer of plastic bondo and then paint to match interior silver would finish up the dash part. here are some pics.

ATRIOT
12-11-2003, 11:04 PM
:shockm: :shockm: :shockm: Im at a loss for words... I need to go change my pants...

SiR_d1
12-11-2003, 11:05 PM
thats pretty sick

SoCaLep3
12-11-2003, 11:06 PM
cool now he can go on ephatch in his ep :eek:

Civicvtec1ps
12-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Yea i saw that from jdmcivic
Good stuff

Brettnyt
12-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Damn! That is sick! Very clean... needs to paint it silver tho...

enecks
12-11-2003, 11:18 PM
The windows screencap looks a little weird to me. Photoshopped?

Suk02Si
12-12-2003, 12:30 AM
woah, pretty cool

Stupendous Man
12-12-2003, 03:20 AM
WHOA! That's pretty damn cool.

phatfreeza
12-12-2003, 04:16 AM
how much to get that done in my car? SHOWSTOPPERS???

HokieSi
12-12-2003, 04:54 AM
I was actually thinking about a "carputer" but, The hardware out today is not up to par and I don't like to reach under the seat to change cds/dvds whatever.

The touch screen he has is a xenarc touch screen and they are known for having horrible brightness. He probably cant even see that screen during the day.

2k2SiAutoXer
12-12-2003, 08:49 AM
that is def. very cool. Do you have experience working with bondo cause that looks very good.

--Tom

2k2_nbp_egg
12-12-2003, 09:07 AM
hoooly shiiiittt.....now if you could get a wireless net connection and the new hondata K-series ECU you could look up specs to run for your car and then modify your cars' settings at the same time from a touch screen in front of you. Only thing is that when burglers look in, they see a fat screen, and I'm sure that was not an easy install...if that shit ever got jacked I would cry for months :(

Still really fuckin' cool tho...ddadada daaamn!

chibianh
12-12-2003, 09:26 AM
wow! that is so cool! but... running windows? do you really trust windows running your car functions (if it does that at all)? ;) :D

oogy-boogy
12-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Holy crap. That is incredible and a great idea......

STP03BlueSI
12-12-2003, 10:14 AM
wow that looks cool.

k20hatch
12-12-2003, 10:29 AM
Ya thats awsome!! Ive seen it b4 though!! Awsome mod!

HondaMan
12-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Very cool looking mod!

Zero Three Si
12-12-2003, 12:34 PM
Very pimp!

Wonder how long before he gets broken into...

trk
12-12-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by chibianh
wow! that is so cool! but... running windows? do you really trust windows running your car functions (if it does that at all)? ;) :D

totally ...

Now he can get viruses.... nice.

SilverEpInDc
12-12-2003, 02:43 PM
I love how all of us look for showstoppers to solve our problems! hahaha Got to love that showstoppers

enecks
12-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Well, I've never really done any car-modding (aside from installing some mud-flaps on my Land Rover and removing the i-VTEC stickers from my EP), but I've built quite a few computers (including one into a brief case and another into a shoebox). And damnit, I'd really like to try this. I'm thinking it would probably work best with a mini-ITX motherboard. Those little things are pretty spiffy--wicked tiny, built-in fanless CPU (usually), and plenty of ports. I would probably have issues powering it, but my brother is good with that sort of thing. *Begins scouring eBay for parts...* If only I had some money : ).
/wasting time before last final exam

Mwing
12-13-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by enecks
Well, I've never really done any car-modding (aside from installing some mud-flaps on my Land Rover and removing the i-VTEC stickers from my EP), but I've built quite a few computers (including one into a brief case and another into a shoebox). And damnit, I'd really like to try this. I'm thinking it would probably work best with a mini-ITX motherboard. Those little things are pretty spiffy--wicked tiny, built-in fanless CPU (usually), and plenty of ports. I would probably have issues powering it, but my brother is good with that sort of thing. *Begins scouring eBay for parts...* If only I had some money : ).
/wasting time before last final exam

Go ahead, here is some ideas you need:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=252651&highlight=computer

Pictures here:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/adamis

And ebay monitor, you can start a business with the seller's idea:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2447590964

If you can combine all of the above and make a in car computer for our EP's, memebers here are going to be your customers, and I will be the first.

civicSIracer
12-13-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Very pimp!

Wonder how long before he gets broken into...

ya thats what i was thinking.. that a grip load of cash right there..:confused:

anti-hu
12-13-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by trk
totally ...

Now he can get viruses.... nice.

vscan before transfer, the carputer is a closed enviorment except for the info you copy over to it.
with a carputer you elimate need for cds/dvds with your mp3 and divx collection.
also hondadata can hook up to it via usb. you can easily change ecu presets and monitor ecu info cels etc. this is a computer geeks dream mod. i want one bad.
what kind of computer is he building. faster the cpu will require a usually louder hsf combo and will generate more heat. i only ask because most carputers ive seen are stationed in the glovebox. if he found a way to station the pc in the trunk you wouldnt have to worry about the heat or noise from the pc. might also suggest going with a harddrive that can sustain a lot of operating and non-operating shock.