PDA

View Full Version : Which exhaust gives most power? Which sounds the best?

TeamFlipnotics
12-11-2003, 11:21 PM
hey ya'll just looking for the right exhaust i just wanted to know what other people think so i can get an idea. So i ask which one gives the most power and which one has good sound?

Vivid-Cruz
12-11-2003, 11:59 PM
do a search newb!!!
they all sound rice!!! get a midpipe!!

BluePearl03Si
12-12-2003, 02:29 AM
Oh leave the kid alone, at least he doesn't drive a Cougar with the ugly oval sidemarkers. :smilem:

Midpipes rock, but put a Magnaflow on too.

silver
12-12-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by TeamFlipnotics
hey ya'll just looking for the right exhaust i just wanted to know what other people think so i can get an idea. So i ask which one gives the most power and which one has good sound?

you'll get about the same power out of all the "brand names". the sound will be generally the same as well with the exception of a greddy which will be a little more muffled.

Peking
12-12-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Vivid-Cruz
do a search newb!!!
they all sound rice!!! get a midpipe!!

Hmmm. Can you tell the difference between a great sounding exhaust, compared to a fart cannon :confusem:

TeamFlipnotics
12-12-2003, 10:08 AM
damn i'm not talking shit but peeps seem like they're professionals when they say newb
all i was askin which one seems to be the one that everyone prefers like the hks apexi etc. i know my shit i'm still on b series mode haha
making the transition to k series i aint dumb lol i know almost everyone that owns an ep3 has a different exhaust even shit we havnt even heard of thats why i'm asking

Tenacious G
12-12-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by TeamFlipnotics

powerwise, with the A3, no one exhaust seems to stand out above the rest. soundwise, it's subjective, that's something you'll have to decide. check out the sticky for exhaust clips in the engine forum and try a search to see what other's peoples' opinions of their exhausts. ephatch also has a rate-and-review section, there's some good info there.

ATRIOT
12-12-2003, 10:36 AM
Magnaflow seems to have the best #'s for what its worth. Apparently it has a nice sound too.

HondaMan
12-12-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Magnaflow seems to have the best #'s for what its worth. Apparently it has a nice sound too.

Ditto...I'm getting mine soon. :)

Vivid-Cruz
12-13-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Hmmm. Can you tell the difference between a great sounding exhaust, compared to a fart cannon :confusem:

a matter of fact i can.. and ive heard them all.. the magnaflow being least rice.. but i sure as shit wouldnt want my car to sound like that...

HARRY POTTER
12-13-2003, 10:57 PM
hks hi-power may do it for you. ;)

1fastminivan
12-13-2003, 11:47 PM
I love my HKS.......had it for 4 days now......felt the power on top end...pulls nice now. Heres a pic........car is a little dirty..hehe

EP3ME
12-21-2003, 12:08 PM
T1R makes a nice b-pipe. Couple this with the Spoon muffler, Comptech headers, AEM CAI and you'll love it!!!

HondaMan
12-21-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by EP3ME
T1R makes a nice b-pipe. Couple this with the Spoon muffler, Comptech headers, AEM CAI and you'll love it!!!

You got any more info on this T1R b-pipe?

SiRman
12-21-2003, 01:55 PM

I was just drooling over the new T1R b-pipe at A&J on friday.
I'm thinking about picking it up in the next week.

It's a one piece stainless pipe with built in resonator.
Not sure of the inner dia., I think it's around 2.25"( I'm pretty sure it's the same dia. as the Spoon axle back) which I would also love to get.

I'll let you guys know more info if I get it.

SiR_d1
12-21-2003, 01:57 PM
I think in regards to exhausts, I think they output relatively all the same power. It's not like comparing intakes

Peking
12-21-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
I think in regards to exhausts, I think they output relatively all the same power. It's not like comparing intakes

In some ways it is, straighter the bends, lighter the weight. Your right on the output. Once again go for what you like.

SiR_d1
12-21-2003, 02:27 PM
I think in matters of picking an exhaust, it seems the only things you should look into is...

1. how loud do you want it?

2. do you like the way it looks on your car?

don't focus so much on the gains

Siman
12-22-2003, 01:47 PM
the spoon sounds about beutiful...if your not up to spending 450 plus on exhaust..buy a universla QUALITY MUFFLER from Vielside, Apexi, HKS, Mugen (ebay rarity), or well you get the idea...heres a good store!:

click here (http://www.optauto.com/webstore/departments.asp?dept=306&last=12) ;) ;) :D

FCobra94
12-22-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan

Thats what I'm wondering.

Anyone know where/how much you could get that and a Spoon axle back from?

SiRman
12-22-2003, 11:33 PM
EDIT: see http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=305990#post305990

Lucid Moments
12-23-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by HondaMan

The T1R b-pipe is 60mm which works out to about 2.36 inches. It is sweet, but I called them yesterday and they quoted me a price of "about $340 us" which seems a little steep. For that price I would just go with the magnaflow.

KeNnYtAkEr
12-23-2003, 08:48 AM
No way $340US damn. thats way over priced. for this
T1R Sports B-Pipe
-60mm piping
-T304 full stainless construction
-bolt in fit
-increase exhaust efficiency
-high quality TIG weld

But You sure about that... T1R is usually reasonibly priced...
Where did you call? Damn I don't wanna spend $340 but if thats the only one that fits my SPoon N1 axle back then I guess I might have to :(

Sirman can you confirm on the costs fro AJRACING? I'll check with Speedstar

Lucid Moments
12-23-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by KeNnYtAkEr
No way $340US damn. thats way over priced. for this
T1R Sports B-Pipe
-60mm piping
-T304 full stainless construction
-bolt in fit
-increase exhaust efficiency
-high quality TIG weld

But You sure about that... T1R is usually reasonibly priced...
Where did you call? Damn I don't wanna spend $340 but if thats the only one that fits my SPoon N1 axle back then I guess I might have to :(

Sirman can you confirm on the costs fro AJRACING? I'll check with Speedstar

I called AJ Racing international (604) 279-0329. I don't remember the name of the guy I talked to, but that is what I was told.