PDA

View Full Version : How long am i lookin at

STP03BlueSI
12-12-2003, 06:24 AM
I gave my parents a list on what to get me for christmas, one of the things is Springs.

How long is it going to take me to install, and i have access to a lift and air tools.

Btrthnezr3
12-12-2003, 07:31 AM
Since you have access to all the tools and proper equipment, as you stated...you are on the upside of the project (Spring compressor?). If you've never done this type of install though, I would at least get someone who has seen it/done it a few times to help you out (Check around the boards for someone in your area if you don't know anyone already). It will make the proccess alot easier...lemme tell you. Anyways..by yourself, I'm gonna say around 4 hours ..with someone else, a little less and of course a little easier and hopefully no messing up (ie. loosening uneeded bolts or shooting springs off into the distance :D)
Anyways...good luck with your project...be sure and post some pics when you get done!
anyways...not trying to scare ya...just help
Have fun...take pics...DIY write up maybe?
:eek:

oogy-boogy
12-12-2003, 07:43 AM
A couple links you may want to check out:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7153&highlight=spring+install+how+to

http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=EP_PROGRESS_SPRINGS

HTH..
:D

HondaMan
12-12-2003, 07:59 AM
3-4 hours sounds about right with a lift and air tools; less if you can get someone to help. You don't need a spring compressor...I wrote the first DIY for installing springs here. My DIY says use a spring compressor but is actually not needed.

READ THE ENTIRE THREADS (URLs) oogy-boogy posted CAREFULLY...lots of good info there. Good luck!

rs_1101
12-12-2003, 09:33 AM
dood.. with 2 remotely competent people, and alittle luck i bet u could do it in 2 hours. me and my friend did my rears in 40 minutes with hand tools. only thing that slowed us down was the front rotors fell out.

Civicvtec1ps
12-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Took about 2 hours with 2 people. Can be done in hour now. ;)

STP03BlueSI
12-12-2003, 02:07 PM
I will have a guy that works on cars all day

Btrthnezr3
12-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Well, screw what I said then...hehe 2 hours seems more like it then (perhaps a lil longer)...didn't know the calibur of your help ;)
Sowy...have fun!

STP03BlueSI
12-12-2003, 02:15 PM
The Hondaman Site doesnt work...can someone find me the correct link!

HondaMan
12-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
The Hondaman Site doesnt work...can someone find me the correct link!

http://www.pryor.ws/honda/gallery1.htm :)

STP03BlueSI
12-13-2003, 07:05 AM
How did you keep the axles from falling? i know abunch of Ephatchers have had that problem of getting the axles back in

HondaMan
12-13-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
How did you keep the axles from falling? i know abunch of Ephatchers have had that problem of getting the axles back in

Put a jack stand under them or find a way to tie them up...whatever method you can come up with to keep them from falling down/out. Its not easy but dont worry about it, if it does happen...you can get them back in as described in the threads in this forum or PM me with your phone number and I will try to talk you through it.

STP03BlueSI
12-15-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by HondaMan
Put a jack stand under them or find a way to tie them up...whatever method you can come up with to keep them from falling down/out. Its not easy but dont worry about it, if it does happen...you can get them back in as described in the threads in this forum or PM me with your phone number and I will try to talk you through it.

Ok i will be doing this install with a lift.