PDA

View Full Version : Dings All over!!

DingDong02Si
12-12-2003, 08:09 AM
I am new to this forum and the the ep. I have had my car for about a month now and have already gotten 3 dings!! I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good way to remove the dings manualy or is it just best to go to the local body shop and have them do it? Thanks for any of your suggestions. :)

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
12-12-2003, 08:24 AM
Paintless dent removal.
Look in your yellow pages.
I have about 4 I need to get done, but i'm waiting till spring cuz i'll prolly get a couple more by then.

Brettnyt
12-12-2003, 06:03 PM
Yeah, check in your phone book for some paintless dent removal... Or just change your user name... ;)

SuperRacerTypeR
01-09-2004, 02:06 AM
yea i got a big dent and couple small dings from stupid people opening their car at the mall, but luckily i found a place in the yellow page "paintless dent remove" they removed my dent for $70. and its a big one too. u might want to check it out:)

yellerep3
01-10-2004, 11:35 PM
yeah this is the worst part about driving a adaily driver you actually like and care about, im thinking about waiting til the spring throwing a kit on and painting the whole thing, mad dough tho.

SiR_d1
01-11-2004, 12:09 AM
I'm just greatful I haven't gotten any yet

chubbychu
01-11-2004, 12:19 AM
yea...im thinking about using dent pro to get mine out. Good luck!

dont those dents really make your car look stupid?

justinlee0109
01-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Or just change your user name... ;)

darn it..i was just about that post that...

SiR_d1
01-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by justinlee0109
darn it..i was just about that post that...

yeah but you were already a month too late:D

DumbNewB
01-23-2004, 06:52 AM
I know I have at least 6 and counting there are 3 really noticible ones all right next to my door handle... if i ever catch one of these people ... :mad:

DingDong02Si
01-23-2004, 10:14 PM
Thanks everyone for giving me some good advice on fixing my dent/dings. I still have yet to get them done because I went to the Dent Wizard and they gave me an estimate of about 400$$$$!!!!:eek: :eek: The person that inspected my car found 2 dings I didnt even know I had! All of this was overwhelming so I backed off from getting them done. In the next few months I should be ding/dent free.

-matt

Happy Racing

justifiedSi
01-25-2004, 11:53 AM
im a paint vendor for many new/used car dealers and i work around alot of paintless dent removal companies. be careful because they will drill holes in the inside of your doors or hatch.. just about anywhere to get to a dent. they just plug them up with silicone or a black type plug :rolleyes: scary IMO pisses me off everytime i see it done. Dent wizard is just about the only company i've seen that has used numerous other way to pull a ding.. then just get ur drill out right away. I recommend dent wizard.

yellerep3
01-25-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by DingDong02Si
Thanks everyone for giving me some good advice on fixing my dent/dings. I still have yet to get them done because I went to the Dent Wizard and they gave me an estimate of about 400$$$$!!!!:eek: :eek: The person that inspected my car found 2 dings I didnt even know I had! All of this was overwhelming so I backed off from getting them done. In the next few months I should be ding/dent free.

-matt

Happy Racing

just wait til you get the dough up and do it, if you plan on keep ing it a while then you can wait til the paint gets shabby and get the whole thing painted like 3-4years from now, custom with a kit or something, thats what im thinking about doing

k20hatch
01-25-2004, 02:01 PM
I have one thats only noticeable at a big angle. Will probley have it removed b4 show season.

SiR_d1
01-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by justifiedSi
im a paint vendor for many new/used car dealers and i work around alot of paintless dent removal companies. be careful because they will drill holes in the inside of your doors or hatch.. just about anywhere to get to a dent. they just plug them up with silicone or a black type plug :rolleyes: scary IMO pisses me off everytime i see it done. Dent wizard is just about the only company i've seen that has used numerous other way to pull a ding.. then just get ur drill out right away. I recommend dent wizard.

is that how they do it? I never heard of this drilling method before, I just thought they remove the panel and work on it from behind

justifiedSi
01-25-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
is that how they do it? I never heard of this drilling method before, I just thought they remove the panel and work on it from behind

never seen it done by removing the panel ive seen some go through the window, tap them out from the side of the dent, etc. not sure how to explain it. they have so many different tools. the guys i see drill the holes will open the door, drill a hole on the inside and use a thin metal stick through the hole to push on the dent till it comes out. sometimes they push to much and it looks like a bump in the paint. :mad: i will take a pic of this the next time i see it.

speedking604
02-08-2004, 07:59 PM
i saw one in canadiantire. it actually work! just plug it in then twist it till it pump out.my friend use that in his 2000 civic. i dont have any dent around my car.actually i've seen this on my school before. back in college i use to repair dents and we have this big machinery to pull and flatten the dent. the one in canadiantire is same thing but it's just manually and it works.

getch74
02-16-2004, 09:41 PM
they sell kits on ebay

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/SaleSearch?from=R8&ht=1&satitle=dent&sokeywordredirect=1&sosortproperty=1&sacategory=6028&catref=C1

txephatch
03-09-2004, 12:43 AM
have a few dents and dings on my ep, thought about trying the dry ice method, where you wrap a piece of dry ice in something thin, then put the dry ice on the dent, causing the metal to contract and the dent to pop. (or so it's been explained to me) anyone have any experience with this method? also, i seem to have dinged the H emblem on my steering wheel, any ideas on how to pop that?